4.8
CM-8A
Chemex 8-Cup Classic Series Glass Coffeemaker

Chemex 8-Cup Classic Series Glass Coffeemaker

4.8

Pros

• Stylish (3)

Cons

• Home (3)
    • Reviewer Profile:
    • Everyday drinker (3)

Chemex is elegant and makes great coffee

from Pennsylvania

Comments about Chemex 8-Cup Classic Series Glass Coffeemaker:

I love my Chemex 8-Cup Glass Coffeemaker. I have always purchased and used the traditional electronic coffeemakers. However, the look of this one just caught my eye and inspired me to give it a try. I am very happy I did and am pleased with it.

Brew Performance
The Chemex makes an excellent cup of coffee. Of course, the quality of coffee or coffee beans you use is going to effect this. However, I have used the same coffee in both this and my electronic coffeemaker. The Chemex produces a better tasting cup of coffee.

This coffeemaker is very easy to clean. I just rinse it out or wash and dry it.

This is easy to use. It is different but I just followed the directions and picked up how to use it quickly.

This has a great design. It looks unique and pretty. I love the all glass and wood design.

It is made of glass so handling with care is necessary. However, it is fairly study glass. I've bumped and knocked it against stuff without it breaking.

• Brew Performance:

The most unique coffee maker I've ever owned!

from Davie, FL

Comments about Chemex 8-Cup Classic Series Glass Coffeemaker:

I received this coffee maker as a housewarming gift from an old friend of mine. When I first got it, I was a little nervous to try it out. After using it, I realized what an amazing invention this is. It brews the perfect cup of coffee every time. I would recommend this coffee maker to anyone who wants a stylish, innovative way to make coffee.

Brew Performance
The Chemex glass coffee maker brews delectable coffee. It's always steaming hot, and it never tastes bitter. I love really rich and flavorful coffee, so this glass coffee maker is perfect for me.

This is definitely the easiest coffee maker I've ever cleaned. I just soak it in warm, soapy water for a few minutes, and it's clean!

At first, this was a bit difficult to use. Although after you practice using it and get the hang of it, it becomes quite simple.

This coffee maker is absolutely gorgeous. I love how simple the design is. Very chic!

This coffee maker is not as durable as most coffee makers considering it is made of glass.

Beautiful coffee

from Hendersonville, NC

Comments about Chemex 8-Cup Classic Series Glass Coffeemaker:

This is one of my favorite coffee makers. It is absolutely beautiful and it makes a wonderful cup of coffee. Many of the people who see it in my home ask what it is because it does not look like something that would make coffee.

Brew Performance
This glass coffee maker makes a delicious cup of coffee. I typically prefer a French press, but every now and then I will bring this one out and use it instead and the coffee is just as good.

Because it uses a filter, cleanup isn't that hard. However, if you leave coffee in it and you get that residue on the bottom half, it is hard to clean it out because of the shape of it.

Extremely easy to use.

Could there be a more beautiful way to make coffee? I just love the look of this glass coffee maker. When not in use, I leave it out on my countertop just because it is so pretty. And many people ask about it when they see it.

It is glass so it is fragile. That being said, if you take care of it it will last you for years. Just don't drop it!

• Brew Performance:

A Classic. Even works when the power's out!

from Bloomfield, CT

Comments about Chemex 8-Cup Classic Series Glass Coffeemaker:

The only problem I have with these? Finding the filters in a store. I used this for over a week after a snowstorm took down power lines left and right. My gas stove lit with a match, and unlike those with electric pots, I had hot coffee at home every day.

Brew Performance
No heating element to burn the coffee. Just boil the water and pour through the filter. The fewer automated features on a machine, the fewer things can go wrong. This will work forever as long as you don't break it.

Just put it under the water tap and rinse.

Add filter. Add coffee. Pour in boiling water. Dump grounds in compost or trash. It's the easiest thing going.

I'd like it even more if a regular #4 filter fit it.

Works forever as long as you don't break it.

Chic and lovely

from Richmond VA

Comments about Chemex 8-Cup Classic Series Glass Coffeemaker:

I really love this coffeemaker! I had never used a glass coffemaker before and I was a little nervous to try it out, but I was so pleased with the result! The coffee turned out to be delicious, and not as sour as it sometimes tastes when using an electric coffeemaker.

Brew Performance
This makes a really wonderful cup of coffee! I was so surprised since I had no idea what to expect going into it. It is some of the best home-brewed coffee I have ever had!

This is so easy to clean! One good rinse and a quick soak and you're good to go. It's great!

It was a little tricky the first couple of times I used it, but after that it became very easy.

I love the design of this coffeemaker! It is so simple, but it looks beautiful and so chic. It just makes it feel more like a luxury when you serve coffee in something so pretty.

Though it's all made of glass, so you have to be careful like you would with any other coffee pot, it is nice and strong. I knocked it over twice and it never even cracked.

• Brew Performance:

For the price you can't beat the quality of coffee of Chemex

Comments about Chemex 8-Cup Classic Series Glass Coffeemaker:

I purchased a Chemex because I am a coffee fanatic. It's hard to believe that people are drinking Dunkin Doughnuts or even worse Folgers. That coffee doesn't even taste like coffee. For the price the Chemex makes amazing coffee and it's very simple to use. I am so happy with my purchase of this Chemex. It's true it's pour over coffee so it is a bit more manual than say one of those machines where you just put a cup and it makes the coffee, but those make horrible tasting coffee.

Easy and Delicious

Comments about Chemex 8-Cup Classic Series Glass Coffeemaker:

Since buying our chemex, our life has been changed. The quality of coffee it makes far exceeds anything that would come from a traditional coffee maker. I would suggest buying freshly roasted beans from a quality coffee shop for the best results. It's also helpful if you have a coffee grinder at home so you can freshly grind the beans right before you start brewing, but of course it isn't absolutely necessary.

Brew Performance
You have to add water as you go - you can't just dump and in 5 minutes later it's done. But it's well worth it, and it really isn't that much work.

Way way easier than a traditional coffee maker no weird corners, or random plastic parts. All it is is an hourglass shaped piece of glass with an easily removable piece of wood so you don't burn your hand. We just rinse and dry. Very simple.

Very easy. All you need is a filter, coffee and water.

Very sleek and simple. It provides such a beautiful presentation for your coffee and makes it more of an experience than something that is needed to "get through"

The glass is thick, so unless you're throwing it across the room you should be fine.

Perfect pour-over coffee maker

Comments about Chemex 8-Cup Classic Series Glass Coffeemaker:

I received this chemex as a gift and I'm overall pretty satisfied with it. The quality is great, I never feel like I'm going to break it. Makes a good, strong cup of coffee

Brew Performance
This all depends on how you grind the coffee and the temperature of the water used. If you get the perfect grind and boiling water, the brew performance is excellent.

Fairly easy to just rinse to clean. There does tend to be a coffee oil film that builds up in the bottom and it's tricky to get your hand through the narrow part of the carafe to clean.

Obviously not as easy as an electric coffee maker, but the filters made specifically for the chemex make the process very simple

Like I said, if you get the filters made for the chemex it's perfect, I only wish that other (easier to find) filters would work just as well. They don't quite fit right, and sometimes fall through to the bottom of the carafe

This seems pretty tough for glass. I'm confident it won't break and I don't have to handle it like it's delicate

• Brew Performance:

Chemex, where have you been all my life?

Comments about Chemex 8-Cup Classic Series Glass Coffeemaker:

I bought a Chemex 8-cup coffeemaker for my husband last year for Christmas. I thought it would be something we would only use on weekends, assuming it would take too much time thru the week. Once you get in the rhythm it doesn't take much more time. I searched you tube for a video on how to use it, and that helped a lot. My favorite thing about the chemex (other than awesome tasting coffee) is that the water isn't going thru plastic leeching nasty chemicals into my coffee.
The first thing i do when I go into the kitchen each morning is fill my tea kettle with filtered water and put it on the range to start heating. In the meantime i get my chemex ready for brewing, with the special chemex brand filter, and freshly ground coffee beans. I make a small indention in the middle of the coffee grounds. Once the water is heated ( I bring to a boil, and let cool for a few seconds), I measure the proper amount of water and pour in a couple of ounces and wait for about 30 seconds. When the coffee starts to drip thru I pour more water in, in a circular motion, until all the water is in the filter. Now just wait for the coffee to finish dripping, and your coffee is ready. After nearly a year of doing this it doesn't take much time, even my teens can do it. I would recommend a chemex for all coffee lovers.

I'm only giving it an 8 on durability because it's made of glass and you have to be a little more careful with it, but I bought it because it's made of glass.

• Brew Performance:

The Chemex is the simplest and best way to make light coffee

Comments about Chemex 8-Cup Classic Series Glass Coffeemaker:

The Chemex 8-cup glass coffee maker is basically a beautiful piece of kitchen art that makes delicious coffee. The coffee itself comes out less acidic, and stays hot in the glass carafe. Definitely use the paper cones that are made for it, since they make the coffee taste a lot better than traditional bleached-with-chemicals ones.