2.2
Chefs
Chefs Style 12 Cup Coffee Maker

Chefs Style 12 Cup Coffee Maker

2.2

I would never buy this again, I won't even give it away,

from San Antonio, TX

About Me Everyday Drinker

Pros

• Large Pot

Cons

• Long Brew Time
  • Loud

• Everyday
  • Home

Comments about Chefs Style 12 Cup Coffee Maker:

I usually make 2=3 pots of coffee every day, I HATE this machine, it takes almost 2 hours to make a pot of coffee. About a month after I bought it, the delay start quit working, I have cleaned it with commercial cleaner, vinegar, to no avail. It still takes almost 2 hours to make a pot of coffee. I timed it this morning and it took 1 hour and 48 minutes. I will not even give it away! When I get enough money to buy a new machine, this one is going in the trash!!!!!

ChefStyle 12 cup coffee maker smells and tastes like insecticide

from Burleson, TX

Comments about Chefs Style 12 Cup Coffee Maker:

Just purchased this coffee maker and right out of the box the smell was overwhelming, it smelled like someone had just sprayed strong insecticide in the room.

I ran 2 pots of water through the maker, washed the pot, filter and basket in soapy water, rinsed several times to make sure all soap was gone and then tried a pot of coffee.  The coffee not only smelled like chemicals but tasted just as bad.

Next, ran a vinegar solution through the maker 3 times, then ran plain water through many many times.  Had the maker making pots of hot water most all day long to see if that would help 'cure' it and get rid of the chemical problem.  My pot of coffee this morning was just as bad as the first one I tried, still smelled and tasted like it had chemicals added.

I, in good conscience, can not recommend this coffee maker to anyone.  It can't be healthy to use if it smells and tastes this bad.

What a piece of crap!!!

from Bertram, TX

Comments about Chefs Style 12 Cup Coffee Maker:

What a piece of junk!!! It produced coffee with a burnt plastic smell for the first two months. We have only had it now for 4 months and it stays clogged and the spring mechanism that releases the coffee into the pot doesn't work well anymore. It takes 2 hours just to brew 1/2 pot of coffee!!! I don't even think I could sell it in a garage sale with a good conscience!!! Don't waste your money!!!

great coffee maker but no replacement pots to be found.

from Round Rock, TX

Comments about Chefs Style 12 Cup Coffee Maker:

A friend purchased for me the Chef's style 12-cup coffee maker from HEB a couple years ago, and I loved it until my coffee pot broke. I have been looking for a replacement pot, and HEB told me the company doesn't make replacement pots. So basically it's trash now. Other than that, the coffee maker is a great buy. I loved that I could make a pot of coffee using the timer, it also displays the time. Easy to use and has a classy look to it.

Love waking up to fresh brewed coffee every morning

from Houston, TX

Comments about Chefs Style 12 Cup Coffee Maker:

This coffee maker is wonderful.  As a busy homemaker, this coffee maker couldn't be any easier.  We have had this coffee maker for over a year now and we have not had any problems with it.  It's real easy to clean also.  I just clean it at night after dinner, set the timer, and it's brewing when my alarm is going off.  I also use it for making hot or cold teas.  It is black and chrom and goes great with my other appliances.  And best of all, it wasn't very expensive.