Other Detergents:

Cheer Bright Clean Laundry Detergent

Pros

Cons

Cheer - Excellent Cleaning with Fresh Scent

Laundry is one of the more enjoyable chores in this household, yet it's been literally a war with me trying to find that one detergent that gets it right everytime. Since I'm washing for a lot of people, I'm constantly trying literally every product available - cheap, expensive, somewhere-in-between - to use for everyone's specific laundry needs. Of course, this can get tiring after a while.

I have to admit, when **Cheer** first appeared back onto the market, I was skeptical. Most of the time, I flitter back-and-forth between **Tide **and **all,** and usually, these two do pretty well, even though the bottles/packages run out within a few weeks of purchasing. However, **Cheer **really changed all of that for me!

Firstly, I am quite - if not astounded - at the cleaning power of this detergent. It really gets clothes clean, leaves them smelling sweet and fresh, and you don't have to use a large capful to get stains out of clothes completely and erase stink. Compared to other detergents that claim to have 'concentrated power', **Cheer **is the only detergent I have come across that *is *concentrated. The scent, too, has improved in the past few months, and doesn't contain any acrid chemical-undertones (it kind of reminds me of **Gain** a bit).

Plus, it doesn't bother my sinuses, is easy on colors, and works well between cold, tepid, or hot water. It's perfect for linens, bed sheets, shirts, towels, and even delicate fabrics. It's not harsh and/or abrasive, and does brighten colors. And what's even better is it lasts longer than I previously expected. Though, it does have a lot of dyes in it (it's a deep indigo blue color, and looks like a strange love potion), so if you have skin allergies, just be careful about how much you use. I haven't had any problems with it, though, and would recommend this detergent for anyone who is looking for a good, all-around detergent.

Okay

I purchased this laundry detergent, the Cheer Bright Clean Laundry Detergent, mostly because of the inexpensive price tag. At my local grocery store it was about five dollars, which was pretty cheap compared to the rest of the detergents available. The first couple of times I used this detergent I was pretty impressed. I used it on a few lighter loads of laundry, which did not have any stains, and the clothing I was washing was not very dirty. And with this it worked well. However, when I used this to clean some muddy and grass stained clothing after I was working out in the yard I was not as impressed. It did not clean off all the grass stains. I would recommend this if you are looking for a very cheap detergent for the very basic of laundry needs. It does not do much in terms of stain removing, but it does the job with unstained and not too dirty loads of laundry.

Okay

About Me Homeowner

Pros

• Easy To Use

Cons

• Weak Function

• Laundry Room

Comments about Cheer Bright Clean Laundry Detergent:

• I am an employee or otherwise affiliated with the brand

Fresh and clean

from Edina, MN

Comments about Cheer Bright Clean Laundry Detergent:

Cheer Bright Clean Laundry detergent leaves clothes fresh, clean, and soft. It is great for all clothing items including jeans, tshirts, sweaters, socks, sheets, towels, etc. Pretty much everything. It is simple, quick and easy to use. A small amount goes a long way and does the job. The scent is soft, fresh and renewing. It is tough on stains, but soft on the fabrics and helps to keep colors alive and vibrant. Soft enough to use on baby clothes and leaves just the right amount of aroma without it being overwhelming. Leaves no residue on the clothing and rinses out easily in the normal wash. It comes at a good price and is affordable. A capful is usually about the right amount for what I wash, but it depends on what clothing/items you are putting through.

Good job of taking out dirt and grime.

The scent is pleasant and not too strong. Just the right amount of aroma. It is not irritating for those who have sensitive noses or skin.

So glad I tried this

from Eastlake, OH

Comments about Cheer Bright Clean Laundry Detergent:

Cheer is typically not a brand I purchase due to its price point and lack of availability at my local discount store. However, I received a great coupon from a family member and decided to hunt this down. I found it at a discount store and boy am I impressed. My clothes came up so nice and bright. What a great scent too ! A nice clean crisp smell that followed my clothes into the dryer and into my closet! This formula is nice and concentrated. Made some great bubbles in the washing machine but still managed to rinse completely clean.

Half a cap cleaned a huge load of my husband's dingy work clothes. I was so impressed with how bright my clothes looked after washing with this formula. As I mentioned in a previous comment, you get a lovely clean scent on your clothes as well.

I was really quite surprised at how awesome this Cheer smelled. A nice clean scent that stayed on my clothes. I could smell it even on my blouses when I pulled them out of my closet. I have to be very careful with detergent because my entire family has very sensitive skin, but this did not cause any irritation whatsoever.

Not The Best For Really Dirty Clothes

from Hartford, CT

Comments about Cheer Bright Clean Laundry Detergent:

I've never been a huge fan of Cheer's detergents but a friend told me how amazing it was and how they've totally updated their formula and how well it worked in cold water so I decided to give it another try. Sadly, I was quite disappointed.

This does have a lovely smell which is very fresh and clean and not at all flowery or overpowering.

Although this claims to be ultra concentrated it appears to be the same sized bottle as other brands and it was certainly just as heavy as I was hauling it into the house.

I was also a bit surprised by the price. This is certainly not a bargain brand of detergent and the price is basically on par with other national brands.

As for performance this did okay with a cold water wash but didn't clean as well as I'd hoped. It certainly was not the best option for thoroughly cleaning clothes worn for yard work as everything seemed to need to be rewashed after it was washed with this formula.

Overall, if you have light duty cleaning to do this may be ideal but if you have any sort of dirt or anything you need a more powerful option.

A good, but expensive detergent!

from Puyallup, WA

Comments about Cheer Bright Clean Laundry Detergent:

This is a good laundry detergent in general. My problem is the price. I don't usually find many sales or good deals on this brand. That makes me buy this product a lot less. I find that this product is usually pretty easy to find. I like the way that it cleans my clothes and makes my colored clothes stay extra colorful. It prevents fading. It keeps your clothes looking bright. The scent of this product is good. It has a nice fresh smell to it. I would use this again if I found a good deal on it. It does a good job of getting laundry clean, working on stains and keeping the colors brighter in clothes.

This is a good laundry detergent. It does a good job with cleaning your dirty laundry. It seems to fight stains well. It also leaves your clothes smelling clean.

The scent of this product is pretty good. It's just a nice crisp and clean scent. I like the way my clothes smell after using this.

The BEST!

Comments about Cheer Bright Clean Laundry Detergent:

This product stands out above the rest.

My mom got me started Cheer about 11 years ago because my dad had a skin reaction with other detergents. Cheer was the only detergent she could use for him. I wasn't real happy when after they moved in with me that I had to spend extra money for this detergent but I found that my clothes came out cleaner, the colors stayed crisp and the blacks stayed black. Even though it costs a little more than other brands, believe me, in the long run it's worth it. I still have several tops and pants that have been worn to work and washed every week and look brand new. Colors have never faded. I made the mistake of trying a few other popular brands and the first thing I noticed was the difference in my black garments. That is a sure tell sign for me to stick with the Cheer. My clothes look newer longer.

Clothes washed in cheer always smell fresh and clean. They are not overly scented as with some detergents. The just look clean and have a crisp clean smell.

this detergent is pleasant, and gives a clean feeling everytime.

Comments about Cheer Bright Clean Laundry Detergent:

This detergent is the detergent I grew up with. I tried some others n a broke out from them. Cheer is pleasant to use and our clothes smell clean every time. Cheer I would highly recommend for sensitive skin. Since we got the new washer n dryer I get a big bottle of cheer and it lasts for almost 2 months with a family of 5. Our clothes don't fade when using Cheer.

great product

Comments about Cheer Bright Clean Laundry Detergent:

I have four children and they definitely get their clothes dirty. For years, I used a different brand of detergent. But then my mother-in-law introduced me to Cheer, and I made the switch. It helps keep all of our clothes brighter longer. I am also pleased that it does not bother my infant's skin.

Cheer is the most effective detergent I've used.

from Franklin, TN

Comments about Cheer Bright Clean Laundry Detergent:

Cheer was my favorite laundry detergent for years. It was the detergent my husband used when I met him. I can’t remember what detergent I used before, but I remember that Cheer was better. Though Cheer isn’t the least expensive detergent, I have found that it gets clothes clean without fading the colors. I loved that our brights would stay bright and our whites white, though I was always careful to separate colors. I stopped using Cheer because I needed to use something fragrance-free for my son’s sensitive skin. Also, I could no longer find the powder formula, which I find easier to use on the day to day laundry. I switched to Tide Free & Gentle, which does seem to help with the skin issues but unfortunately also fades our clothes a lot more than Cheer did and seems to leave them sort of dingy, which never happened with Cheer. If my son were to outgrow his skin sensitivities I would like to begin using Cheer again. I would really like to use Cheer Powder, which I guess I will have to order on-line since I still don’t see it in any of the stores around me.

Great detergent

from New York, NY

Comments about Cheer Bright Clean Laundry Detergent:

Cheer was my first laundry detergent and I have never stopped using it, except for couple times when it was out of stock. It has the nicest, distinct smell and cleans clothes absolutely beautifully. Highly recommended. Look to buy the largest, on sale, and it will last you many loads.