3.4

3.4

Pros

Cons

• Customer Service:

Planning a trip to Puerto Rico with Cheapcaribbean.com was easy!

I went on a cruise earlier this year that left out of San Juan Puerto Rico. I really liked the half day that  spent there and decided that I wanted to back. I started searching for a budget trip to San Juan. I foun the cheapcaribbean.com website and started studying the options. I was drawn in by the promises of very cheap trips - my trip was quoted at $299 and up for 4 nights including airfare. However, after studying the prices, I found that the price was only good from Miami. If you are flying from elsewhere, it is quite a bit more. My traveling companion lives near Ft Lauderdale, so we checked from there and it was about $20 more, but from Nashville it was at least $200 more. Since we were traveling together, we needed to leave from the same city, so I used my Delta skymiles to fly from Nashville to Ft Lauderdale and we left from there. Also, the cheap price was only for specific dates. In the end, we got 4 nights in San Juan at the Intercontinenal Hotel on the beach (very nice hotel) including airfare on JetBlue (one of the best airlines) for $480 each. We left on Monday morning and returned on Friday evening, so we had 4 nights and 5 days for less than $500. We could choose from many different hotels and the prices varied. Cheap Caribbean made all of the arrangements and although we were concerned that there would be problems with everything prepaid - we had none at all. When we got to the hotel, they had our reservation and just required our credit card for incidentals. Cheap Caribbean also includes travel insurance in the price so that if there happens to be a hurricane that week, you can rebook. Also, they will give you a $100 credit on your next trip if it rains even one day during your trip. It did rain one evening, so we reported it to them and they promptly gave us our certificate for a future trip. I recommend using Cheap Caribbean for any budget trip you want to make to any Caribbean island.

Cheap Caribbean: Is it Really as Good as its Name Suggests?

Travel is an important part of life. I have visited Europe, South America, and many parts of North America and I plan to add more continents and countries to my list as time progresses. I have also visited many Caribbean islands/countries and one web site that specializes in this type of travel is **Cheapcaribbean.com**, a web service devoted to Caribbean vacation travel. **Web Site Commentary:**** **

Cheapcarribbean.com is a site focused on travel to the Caribbean islands and other nations that border this tropical sea. The site includes information on Caribbean vacations, cruises, and airline tickets. It also offers a few extras like information on passports and travel insurance, along with an interactive Caribbean travel map, travel bulletin, and more. Cheapcaribbean.com wants to encourage potential customers to purchase Caribbean travel. To make the task easy, it includes a search function on the home page complete with a drop down menu that includes more than 200 world cities. Most all large United States cities can be found in the drop- down menu. There are also dozens of world cities too, but these are limited to the larger cities. A quick selection of your city, travel dates, number of travelers, and inclusive option and your vacation options will generate. The displayed price at this point is per person. You have to select a resort and move to the next step before you will see the total price of the trip.  Cheapcaribbean.com is similar to other travel web sites in several ways. It offers a few different ways to sort the search results and it presents a few offers for extra services when you reach the checkout lane. These features can include tours of your destination, special travel insurance, car rentals, and more. This is helpful, and many of the options presented are nice, but you need to make sure to uncheck the box for airport transfers. Cheapcarribbean.com defaults this to yes, so you need to remove the check mark if you don't want this added service.  The prices offered at Cheapcaribbean.com are good and mostly competitive at this point. But before you get excited about a week spent on the shores of St. Croix or a nature hike on St. Kitts, you need to wait until you reach the final page. A special tax and service fee is tacked on at the end and this fee ranges between 7% and 15% of your total cost. With this added fee, the prices offered by Cheapcarribbean.com will lose most, if not all, of their appeal. What was once a good deal on Caribbean travel will likely cost you more than the same offer for the same resort at other travel sites. At the point when the extra fee is announced, Cheapcaribbean.com attempts to cover- up its fee with a comment that reads "Great Deal, What's the Catch?". I find it obnoxious that this web service would pull such a stunt (making you think the deal in front of you is extraordinary, when in reality it isn't), but it wouldn't be the first time a web site has attempted something like this.  I like that Cheapcaribbean.com allows you to complete a purchase without establishing an account first. This is nice for those who are worried about storing their credit card information on a web site. I also like the option near the very end of the checkout process where it lets you enter your frequent flyer number. Many other web sites do not let you enter your frequent flyer number, forcing you to contact the airline at a later date to receive your miles. Resort information is also good, and so are the resort photos. On the other hand, I don't like the rating system used at Cheapcaribbean.com because it isn't based on consumer reviews. Instead, Cheapcaribbean.com has created its own rating system that is based on the amenities of the hotel or resort. I would rather read actual reviews from actual people.

**Bottom Line Viewpoint:**

Cheapcaribbean.com is a deceptive web service in some ways- a service that wants you to think you just received the deal of the century on Caribbean travel when, in reality, you are likely paying more than you would in another travel site like Expedia.com or Orbitz.com. Some of the extra features offered by Cheapcarribbean.com are good, but there is no overlooking the obvious: The prices on Caribbean travel are higher here than other travel sites, making it a service to avoid.

Deal of Fortune Scam

from orange county, ca

Comments about CheapCaribbean.com:

The complaint I have is too long. Do not do the Deal of Fortune promo it is a scam and they will always place you at the Sunscape Splash resort because no one wants to stay there.

Cheap Caribbean

from Cancun Mexico

Comments about CheapCaribbean.com:

will never order a vaction package from Cheap Caribbean again. We stayed at the Oaisis Lite in Cancun Mexico with an other couple that had the same experience with the company.
I was told I would have a ride from the Cancun airport to the resort. Didn't happen. I was told the food was amazing. I'v been sick the whole trip and the past three days i'v been home. The drinks are so watered down, you have to drink a lot to get a buzz then you don't feel good from all the fluid intake you don't want to drink anymore cause your bloated. They told me I would be safe. I found the drug cartel at the beach at the front entrance of the resort on the beach. They told me king size bed. Didn't happen. Double bed. I was told a beautiful room. Didn't happen. Used beer bottles hanging around, dirty bathroom with hair and streak marks on toilet, dirty walls with painted unfinished etc.
After complaining for two hours of the condition of the room with no help from Cheap Caribbean because they told me there hands are tied. I'v never been so disappointed or sad before on a vacation. Never again

cheap Caribbean won't back product

from Boston ma

Comments about CheapCaribbean.com:

My wife and I went to Dominican Republic to swim , snorkel, and to go to paradise beach . Because of hurricane Matthew We weren't allowed in the water any of the 5 days we were there . The beach had red flags every day which means the lifeguard will not let you in water for your own safety. My wife n I couldn't swim , snorkel, or go to paradise island . Paradise island was canceled. I emailed cheap Caribbean but they told me that the hurricane didn't effect Puerto plata . I emailed them a letter from the hotel asking us to bring in the furniture off of our patio , stay on property, stay off beach because we were in a hurricane. Because I had evidence they told me that I could get $100 off of my next trip . We went to snorkel n they want to give us less than 1/10th of what we paid on a next trip ? Celebrity cruise is giving their guests 1/2 off a future cruise AND $250 in on board spending . My wife and I just want help going back . I called cheap Caribbean and Melanie told me that they are not responsible for Mother Nature and that I should of read " the small print ." I just want them to help us get to the beach that they advertised . How can you advertise a beach then not let us use it and then tell us that it's in the "small print ". I don't care about small print . I care about the vacation I should of had

Cheap Caribbean review

from Austin, TX

Comments about CheapCaribbean.com:

I signed up to receive emails from cheapcaribbean.com a while back and for a long time I would receive their emails with cheap deals on cruises. I always thought it was too good to be true. Then, one cruise fell at a time where my Mom and I could go and it was very well priced. SO, we decided to try it. We purchased our cruise from an advertised deal at cheapcaribbean.com and we were very pleased. It was no different than other cruises we had been on. I would recommend it was fast, easy and worked great.

Occidental Grande Aruba

Comments about CheapCaribbean.com:

My Kid and I went here in November for her graduation gift and my 50th Birthday what a nightmare...All-Inclusive (couldn't get food) after dinner! I was assaulted by the security people while trying to get a manager so We could get food after flying all day and customs being backed up for hours it was a joke we basically went to all the other resorts so we didn't have to stay in that Hell Hole!PLEASE I've traveled plenty and NEVER had an experience such as this!

BEWARE

Comments about CheapCaribbean.com:

Buyer beware.....I have used Cheap Caribbean numerous times in the past without any problem, have recommended them to numerous other people. As of right now I am fighting with them for a refund on a trip I had to cancel due to and injury and surgery. I called canceled the trip they emailed me the information to turn in for the insurance that I purchased for this trip. I filled out all the paper work had my doctor fill out the paper work turned this all in to the insurance company. The insurance company contacts me and says that I never canceled the trip with Cheap Caribbean, which is the first thing I did!!!!! Now Cheap Caribbean says I was a NO SHOW and am not entitled to any refund. I am currently fighting with them to resolve this so beware even if you purchase the insurance they find a way of not refunding your money. When you pay 5000.00 for a vacation you DO NOT NO SHOW!!!!

• Customer Service:

Not the cheapest way to go

Comments about CheapCaribbean.com:

The reason I do not like this website very much is because it does not do what it advertises. This website is based on giving you a luxury vacation in the Caribbean for less money. However, I have always been able to find better deals other places. My husband and I love to travel, but we are both teachers. Therefore, we cannot spend a great deal of money when we travel. I thought this website would be affordable for us. However, the price of a trip to Antigua, where we wanted to go, was more expensive on this website than the place we ended up booking through. Another negative side of this website is it only will let you search from certain departing cities. We live in Tennessee and the closest place we could purchase a ticket to leave from was Atlanta, Georgia. Then you have to factor in gas prices to get to the airport in with the trip as well. Overall, I would not recommend this website. While it gives you some great luxury resorts, it does not give you the best price.

I do think it is rather easy to use. If you know the location you want to go to, it is pretty simple. However, be prepared that the city you want to fly out of may not be an option.

Features
The main thing is the search feature which gives you luxury resorts.

Awesome!

from Edina, MN

Comments about CheapCaribbean.com:

CheapCaribbean.com is an awesome website! Who doesn't want to visit the Caribbean?...and for cheap? This site has it all...vacations, resorts, cruises and a bunch of fun destinations to try and choose from. The pictures on this site are absolutely beautiful and leave you aching for one of these trips. They have great discounts and deals to choose from which is really helpful for those of us on a budget. There is even an area where you type in your budget and it searches the options for you inside of that budget amount. There are several destinations that offer about 50% discounts. I want to search on this site for my next anniversary coming up!

The website is easy to get around and fun, whether you are internet savvy or not.

Features
Great features and destinations and discounts to choose from. There is no one that won't find at least one place they would love to visit on this site.

• Customer Service:

Good for ideas but I wouldn't trust to book

from Pittsburgh, PA USA

Comments about CheapCaribbean.com:

You know how your parents always warned you that if a deal was too good to be true it probably was? That is how I feel about Cheap Caribbean. They list a lot of great packages and deals. They even include things like "free" upgrades, meals and vouchers. However, if you read the fine print (or do a little digging) you may find that while those things were offered as part of a pacakge, there is about 3 dates a year it would actually be valid. Or in order to redeem it you need to stand on your head while reciting the pledge of allegience. OK, maybe not that extreme, but there are an awful lot of terms and conditions. When I was looking at an all inclusive deal, the fine print mentioned that my flight date and time could be changed, that my hotel choice could be substituted for a comparable location and the resort credit was subject to the resort's discretion and approval.

The site is fairly easy to navigate and find what you need. You can click one of their pre packaged options, use the search feature or use their easily searchable categories at the top of the site (deals and packages, destinations, resorts, luxury and cruises).

Features
The features are about average for most of the travel sites out there.

Customer Service
I tried to reach out to them to answer some questions and concerns and got a "higher then usual call volume, call back later" message. I filled out the online form and received an email response almost a week later. It doesn't give you much confidence that they would be available if there were issues with your trip.

• Customer Service:

Haven't been disappointed yet!

from Lake Mills, WI

Comments about CheapCaribbean.com:

To date, we have booked four family vacations through CheapCaribbean.com. These have been to Mexico and to island destinations. The website is very easy to use and there are thorough reviews for most properties so you have a good idea what you are getting into when you book. We have always arranged transfers from the airport to the resorts at the time of booking, as well, and there have been no problems locating the transfer companies at the airport or getting picked up for our return. I always check other sites too, but have found that CheapCaribbean.com usually has the best price in the end.

Website is very navigable. Both positive and negative reviews from customers are available as well as an overview of the hotel by the company. There is also an area that explains the vibe of the different islands and gives weather/climate information broken down by month. Vacations can be searched by price range and location.

Features
A "sunshine guarantee" is included with all bookings. Descriptions of properties is listed for each hotel that usually includes size of property, number and type of restaurants and bars, activities, and comments about what type of traveler the property is most suited for. There are photos from the resorts, as well as from other travelers.

Customer Service
There has always been a contact person at the resorts that we stayed at that represent CheapCaribbean. These people give you tips about traveling around the island and important do's and don'ts. They also arrange the pick up time for your return trip. They are usually at the resort for an hour or two daily, and give you contact information if you have any problems, questions, or concerns. One weakness is that the company does not always alert you to flight changes, so you do need to check with the airline directly for any changes.