Other Credit Cards:

Cons

Incompetent Customer Service

from Chesapeake, VA

Comments about Chase - Slate Visa Card:

I had a nightmare of a situation with this company. I signed up and found out the same day that my bank wouldn't do a balance transfer, so I called the company back after submitting the online application and asked them to cancel all paperwork, etc. I received paperwork in the mail over a week later, so I called the company and asked them what was going on since I had asked to cancel, and they told me it was no problem, they could go ahead and close the account at that time. Weeks later I was still receiving mail regarding this supposedly closed account, so I called back AGAIN and was told by the representative that the account was open, there was no record of me asking to cancel, etc. Needless to say, next time I sign up for a card, if I ever do so, I will be staying far, far away from Chase because of their terrible customer service. At that point it almost seemed intentional.

• Available Rates:

A great card for emergencies.

Comments about Chase - Slate Visa Card:

I like my Chase Slate card and have had it for a long time. I will continue to use it because I have a decent APY and have never had any issues with the card. I like to use it for emergencies or unexpected expenses because I have a very high credit limit on it.

Customer Service
I have always been pleased with the customer service experiences I've had with Chase. They always efficiently help me with my problem and take good care of me. I was disappointed when they wouldn't lower my interest rate but I know that goes higher than a single customer service rep.

Available Rates
I feel like this card offers middle of the road rates. I know I could probably get a better rate somewhere else if I wanted to pay balance transfer fees but to me loyalty to one card is more important than getting a promotional rate elsewhere. I feel like for the amount of credit they have extended me that my rate with them is fair.

• Available Rates:

Great Company! Great Card!

from Dover, PA

Comments about Chase - Slate Visa Card:

Love this card. Customer service was amazing, got approved instantly and they mailed the card out quickly. Signing up online to make payment and review your account is very easy. I love the looks of this card as well! Very different then the other ones!

Mixed feelings!

Comments about Chase - Slate Visa Card:

I got the Chase Slate card because of the introductory rate that it had when I got it. It was zero percent for an extended period of time. It was what I needed at the time and I was told to have the Chase Slate card was prestigious and showed a great credit history.
I was thankful for it at the time. It was great to have and they gave me a tremendous credit limit even though I would never need it.

I continue to use it and I have never had a problem with it. The problem with it for me is that it offers no rewards. All of the other cards I have offer some sort of rewards program to entice you to join. I find it hard to believe that in today's day and age that they did not offer something to try to get you to use the card more. I would use it more if they had some kind of rewards program.

They offer certain programs to help you pay down your card debt each month but I have no need for that because I pay it off every month. This is great if you are looking for something to help you pay down certain things each month but I pay in full. If you want to pay off a category like groceries, then they show you how that is done. That's cool if you need it.

Again, the card leaves me with mixed feelings.

• Available Rates:

Not the best choice for credit cards.

Comments about Chase - Slate Visa Card:

This was my first credit card I have ever used. I was looking forward to begin building a good credit. I did not like that there was not a cash back policy that rewards people for using this card.

If this the only credit card you are qualified for then by all means apply for it. This card will be a good start to building a strong credit history but if you are looking for a card with some perks, this is definitely not that credit card.

Customer Service
Chase as a bank has wonderful customer service but the Chase Slate credit card doesn't have much benefit that would thorough satisfy a customer.

Available Rates
This credit card does not charge interest for the first 15 months which is a major plus. The only downside is the interest rate is quite high once the first 15 billing cycle is done. Without a cash back policy to reward the credit card holders for everyday purchases, it makes the interest rate seem much higher than what it actually is.

• Available Rates:

Long introductory period is very helpful!

Comments about Chase - Slate Visa Card:

My partner and I both lost our job and had used one of our credit cards quite frequently while we were looking for work. When we both became employed again we were looking for a credit card with a long introductory period in order to transfer balances from our card. We found that the Chase Slate had an introductory period of 15 months at 0% APR. You also are not charged a balance transfer fee for the first 60 days. This was great for us because we were able to transfer debt from our other card onto this Chase card and not pay any interest. We then just worked on paying off our Chase card before the introductory period ended. This card also has no annual fee which is another positive. The bills are formatted in an easily understandable way that tells you when your introductory period ends and how much you need to pay in order to pay off the balance with no interest. Our interest rate was decent, especially considering that our credit at the time was not the best (high 600s) due to our high balance on another card.

There really isn't a rewards program for this card but I would recommend it to those looking to do balance transfers or who just want a very long introductory period.

• Available Rates:

Another solid Chase visa card.

Comments about Chase - Slate Visa Card:

Of all my credit cards and the banks that back them, Chase credit cards remain my favorite. I picked up the Chase slate visa at a time when, due to illness, my finances were getting a bit out of control and I needed to pick up additional credit. At the time, Chase was giving a great promotional offer on the Slate card that worked extremely to my benefit. I'm pleased to say there were no secret gimmicks or fine print worries. In fact, they were great about keeping me on track with paying off the credit card, if only in the sense that they have multiple different monthly payment plan options based on your preferences (minimum payment, full pay, split, and blueprint - most of which revolve around what type of financial planning you want to do and which categories of purchases you want to pay off in full each month). They're also good with keeping up with offering you additional promotions and have offered me a fairly low and reasonable interest rate. I will say, though, that there is no rewards program attached to this card if that's something you're looking for.

• Available Rates:

Great card with lots of flexibility.

Comments about Chase - Slate Visa Card:

This is a great card. I love their online service, and options to pay different balances down. Plus with great transfer rates, I can increase my credit score by spreading any balance over several cards.

Chase Slate Visa Card: They make it easy to plan

from Boca Raton, FL

Comments about Chase - Slate Visa Card:

Not long ago we received an offer from Chase to transfer an existing card balance without a transfer fee for an interest free period of 15 months. We get offers like that frequently, but they usually come at the cost of a sizable fee.

But this card looked like a better deal. The Chase Slate Visa Card had an interesting number of features we've not found with other cards.

There's a *Full Pay* option that allows us to designate various types of purchases that we choose to pay off in full each month. Gas and supermarket purchases are good examples. So, even when we are carrying a balance on the card, as long as we make the payment for these items monthly we accrue no interest. I like that.

The *Split* feature gives us the ability to make a major purchase like a new air conditioning system and decide how long or how many payments we want to make to pay it off. These purchases are broken out on the statement.

And, since we transferred a balance that we'd like to pay off interest free, there's a *Finish It* feature that allows us to budget the payoff so we can do just that.

Each month Chase sends us our statement electronically with included progress reports on each of the features we are using. Personally, I always like working from a plan. Of course we could do it ourselves, but we find that letting Chase do it gives us that little extra motivation to execute the plan.

I once had a professor in Business School who had a big sign behind him that declared *"Fail to Plan; Plan to Fail"* Chase helps us plan.

Customer Service
Getting real here let's remember they're a bank. Customer service only gets so good. Chase has been generally good here.

Available Rates
Our interest rate is excellent, but I'm sure that your rate will be determined by your credit history.