Other Credit Cards:

Chase - Disney Rewards Visa Card

Pros

Cons

• Available Rates:

Decent 1% Disney rewards with some great sign-up bonus offers!

## UPDATE##

## UPDATE##
This card now offers a new $49 annual membership upgrade that ups the reward % and options. The new Premier level offers 2% rewards on Gas, Restaurants and Grocery categories. 1% on everything else. There was also an intro period where I received 5% on these categories for the first 90 days. If you run all of your bills through this card, it could be well worth the $49 annual fee to upgrade to this level. You also receive different options for cashing in your earned rewards including using the rewards $ for airline ticket purchases. Simply make the purchase anywhere/anyhow you want for any flight and you can issue a credit back to your card from your rewards dollars. Definitely a bonus and was worth the upgrade fee for our family.
## END OF UPDATE ##

This card is a good 1% back rewards card for specific Disney loving card-users. If you don't care about Disney specific rewards and earning 1% Disney "dollars" to use in Disney parks, stores, cruise lines or Disney online stores then this card is ***definitely not for you***. I use the card for every purchase possible and pay it off immediately.

I'm not sure how you get on their mailing list but the best offer to open this card includes enough points to redeem a $200 *Disney Rewards Redemption Card* after the first purchase. But this offer only comes through a mailer with a person-specific invitation code. You cannot find a working code anywhere online to activiate this offer. Without this code, there are other offers out there when you open this card for $100 in rewards points. I have seen other offers for $50 or $25 as well, but the $200 offer is the Holy Grail and what really makes selecting and opening up this account worthwhile! Do not open an account for this card without getting some type of free rewards to start with.

Other than the rewards, which are meager at 1% back on basically all purchases (not including cash advances, balance transfers etc), another bright spot is no yearly membership fee. If they were to move to a membership fee, the 1% in rewards would be a hard sell. Basically you will need to run $10,000 on this card to get $100 redemption card, $20,000 to match the initial possible reward of $200, etc... But if you are planning a Disney trip and can get the $200 rewards jumpstart, you could easily have $200-300-400 available for your next trip and that definitely helps in the expensive Disney world! I have yet to see any special offers for 5X rewards etc since opening this card in early 2010, they may still come but I'm not positive that those types of specials still exist.

Overall, I am quite happy with the card and Chase's online account management has all the necessary bells and whistles including auto-pay to automatically pay your account's minimum payment or full balance every month. Don't forget to utilize this to make sure you never miss a payment! And if you can, check the box that makes you auto-pay the full balance every month!!

If you want a complete hassle, disney rewards visa is for you...

I initially signed up for this card in 2004 during my senior year of college.  It was a promotional flier that was probably sent to most of campus.  In an effort to build credit and start out on my own, I signed up for the card without researching various rewards cards.  The Disney Rewards Visa had the available application, several Disney stores around to redeem rewards, and I was pre-approved. It took me awhile to accrue enough rewards, however when I finally got around 100 I figured that was a good time to redeem them for something.  The anticipation of redeeming them for something cool was like the anticipation of Christmas morning.  I knew from the beginning the Rewards points could only be redeemed for Disney merchandise or in their parks.  At the time in late 2005, there were plenty of stores around and I had plenty of children (whether nieces, nephews, friends kids, etc) to buy gifts for.  So I set on the quest to redeem my points.  I found a list of things I could redeem for.. a gift card to the Disney Store, toy cash to be used at local retailers to get Disney toys, movie cash, tickets to the park, etc.  The site navigation and explanation on how to redeem the points was less than stellar.  After a couple hours of searching the site looking for how to do it, only to be led in circles between the pages, I called customer service.  On hold for about 30 minutes, to get little help.  I finally managed to find that you had to redeem rewards for a Disney Dream Rewards card.  You fill in the amount and they send you a card with your rewards on it.  Awesome, I thought .. I am on the right track.  So I wanted a couple weeks and the card shows up.  It looks like a cheap ATM card.  The rewards will expire after 1 year on the card, however you can always add more to the card.  No need to order a second card.  This card can then be used at Disney stores or the actual park.  However to get the movie cash, toy cash, you then take this card and go through a separate redeeming process on their site.  The cash (they are actually coupons) are then sent to you in the mail a couple weeks later.  The whole redeeming process is a nightmare, however I was happy when I ended up with my Toy cash.  Online it said I could redeem them on Disney toys at a few different retailers, one of which was Target.  So I headed to Target, picked out my Disney toys, and went to the checkout.  After a couple head cashiers/managers and a call to headquarters of Target.  I was told they do not accept the cash (even though on the Disney site it is explicitly spelled out that they do accept the cash).  I walked out without the toys and called Disney customer service.  After some time on the phone with them, I got no farther.  After a few tries at various retailers in the area, I finally managed to get them redeemed at Toys R Us.  In general I was totally dissatisfied with the level of customer service provided for the card and the amount of trouble you have to go through to redeem the rewards.  I have a few rewards left on my credit card right now, however I am no longer using the card, thus no longer accruing points.  To me it just is not worth the hassle.

Disney Visa

from Austin, TX

Comments about Chase - Disney Rewards Visa Card:

My family and I are planning a trip to Disney World later this year so when I received the application for a Disney Visa card I could not pass it up. I received a promotion where when I signed up for the card and spent $500 in the first three months, then I would be able to receive a $200 Disney gift card AND if I added another card holder onto my account then I would earn an extra $50. When I signed up, I added my husband as a card holder. Within, two weeks I had received the $50 promotional reward. My three months are not up yet, but I assume it will be just as easy to receive the $200 gift card. In addition, one of the perks of the card is that I was offered 6 months of 0% interest. That is amazing. Also, for every one hundred dollars you spend you earn one dollar of disney credit. I can't wait to cash in on that too before our trip. I love the benefits of this card.

Chase misleads you about disney rewards!

from Graniteville, SC

Comments about Chase - Disney Rewards Visa Card:

I applied for the Disney rewards Visa card just for the promotion they were offering by spending $500 in the first 3 months and getting a $200 rewards card. Also if I got the 2nd card I would receive an extra $50 rewards card after spending a certain amount. Well I called about this as we are about to go to Disney and they conveniently have no record of this on their file. They sent me a letter saying they need the invitation number and I thew away the paperwork with that information after I received the card...So if you do apply for this card I urge you to keep the original mail with the invitation number!!!I will not use this card ever again!!!

Chase Gave me the wrong card I lost over $150 dollars

from Toledo, OH

Comments about Chase - Disney Rewards Visa Card:

I applied online for the Disney Premier Card, since going to Disney made most since pay $49 and get $200 off after spending $500 within first 3 months and 2% rewards instead of 1%. I put the balance of our Disney vacation on my new card $6000, much to my surprise I opened my bill and only receive $50 off and $61 in rewards Called chase their answer was sorry you applied for the one that only gives you $50 and 1% online nothing we can do to help. Well just checked my past history on my computer and I applied for the premier they will be hearing from me again real soon. THEY ARE THIEFS!!

High interest, but great rewards

from IN

Comments about Chase - Disney Rewards Visa Card:

If you can pay your balance in full each month, or at the very least carry a low balance, this card is worth having! This card is offered at no annual fee, but around 16% interest rate, which is quite high for a credit card. It is the rewards, especially the Disney rewards that make this card worth having in your wallet! This is a rewards card, which means for each 100 dollars you spend, you earn $1 towards a Disney vacation, this doesn't seem like much, but every dollar adds up! My favorite perk is in the park, you are entitled to a private character meet and greet at Epcot. This is usually a low wait, fun time for your party. A free 5x7 picture of you and the characters is added for free! Each year Disney offers a rewards card holder discount, usually up to 35% a regular room rate, if you take a multi day vacation, you can save a couple hundred dollars with this discount. Many shops at Disney World offer 10% off Disney merchandise with the use of this card as well. Although the interest rates can be high, I feel the rewards make this a 5 star card!

Fantastic rewards and customer service!

from Florida

Comments about Chase - Disney Rewards Visa Card:

I love my Chase Disney rewards card. I have loved Chase forever, and was excited when I could finally get rewards that I would actually use for something, as opposed to some of the cards out there that have rewarsd but they are either for things that I don't need or use, or it takes a million years to build them up. That is not the case with the this card.

I can't really say anything bad about it either. The customer service is good, the rates are good, and like I said its nice to finally have a card that rewards me in a way that I will actually use.

If you're looking for a great card, with reasonable rates and a good rewards program then this is one worth checking out!

Customer Service
I have had a couple phone calls with customer service, and each time has been perfectly pleasant. They answer questions in a way that is easy to understand. Not only are they great on the phone but they also offer email customer service, and that is just as great as the phone customer service.

• Available Rates:

A card to help you get to Disney World!

from Millville, NJ

Comments about Chase - Disney Rewards Visa Card:

Prior to getting the Chase Disney Rewards Visa Card, I had heard a mixed amount of reviews about the card. When I originally applied for the card, I applied because I was told it was an easy card to get, which proved to be true. Of course, I was hesitant about using the card at first, but after a couple of months it was very easy to see why there was such a variance in opinions about this card. This card is great for subtly planning a trip to Disney, and it provides you with some extra spending money while you are there. But for us, that is about it, since we don't spend a lot of money, there isn't a lot of points that accumulate for us. The rate for us is about $1 of rewards for every $100 we spend, which isn't that great of a rewards program. The interest on this card is pretty high in my opinion, so I wouldn't recommend using this card a lot unless you are going to pay it off relatively quickly. This card was worth it for us, since we were planning a trip to Disney anyways.

Fun to have at Disneyland

Comments about Chase - Disney Rewards Visa Card:

I like this Disney card especially for my family Disney vacations. One of the perks I love is when you're in CA Adventure, a Chase Disney Visa Card holder gets a FREE character meet and greet and a FREE souvenier photo to take home! Instead of having to wait in line with all the other visitors to say hi to a character for an autograph, we have a special area where I think I've only had to wait about five minutes tops. I've taken advantage of this every day I've visited the park, its a great souveneir! I also like the fact that we get discounts at a few of the resturaunts in Disneyland, as well as some of the souveneir shops. When I'm not on vacation, this card also gives discounts for shopping at the Disney store in the mall. I have also received various offers throughout the year for special discounts and promotions, but I haven't always taken advantage of these. Usually its buy so much at the store and you can get a free item. But its always fun to save money, especially when you're buying Disney merchandise for your little ones =)

Customer Service
I have never had to contact them, so assuming they do a fine job.

Available Rates
I've always paid my balance in full, so don't know the rates.

Great if you Love Disney

Comments about Chase - Disney Rewards Visa Card:

This is a great credit card to have if you love Disney. You are rewarded for all your charges with Disney points to be used various ways with Disney. They are always great to deal with and helpful no matter what the problem. Customer service is friendly and helpful and always eager to help or just answer question should you have any. They do have high finance rates if that is something that concerns you. If you pay your balance in full, it's not a problem. There is never a problem with receiving statements in a timely manner and there is always a large amount of time in which you have to pay your bill.

Customer Service
Customer service is great. All the representative are friendly and helpful. There is never a problem reaching a supervisor if you have a problem you feel needs their attention. They are quick to resolve any issues or dispute charges you are uncomfortable with.

Available Rates
All credit cards these days have ultra high finance charges, including this one. But I always pay my balance in full, so it's not a problem for me.

Nice bonus for Disney.

from Hendersonville, NC

Comments about Chase - Disney Rewards Visa Card:

If you are planning a trip to Disney or think you might go in the future, I highly recommend getting this card. The year before we decided to go to Disney, we started planning. The first step was to get this credit card. You get a sign up bonus, plus you get points on all of your purchase which can then be converted into Disney gift cards. We put everything on this card and then just kept it paid off. By then end of the year we had over $600 worth of points including our sign up bonus. This saved us big time when we went to purchase our tickets. We were able to go to Disney for almost half price. There is a yearly fee on the premier card. But you get a higher amount of sign up bonus. Also, if you cancel the card before the year is up, you do not have to pay this fee. That is exactly what we did.

Customer Service
Customer service is friendly and helpful. I was concerned that our gift cards would not arrive on time, and they provided me with tracking information and made sure to get them out quickly.

• Available Rates:

Get your Disney rewards, then pay it off!

from lakeland, florida

Comments about Chase - Disney Rewards Visa Card:

I have a young daughter who thinks Disney princesses are truly the bee knee's. She love Cinderella and had begged for two birthdays to meet her. I saw this credit card online while I was researching Disney prices and figured it could not hurt. I was approved and started to get my Disney rewards. This is not a bad card. It is a good card with bad rates. So, if you get this card, pay it off after every month, immediately. Otherwise, you will be paying way more money than you need to for things. I learned that after not paying it off one money. The charges on the next month's bill were ridiculous. I only kept this card long enough to get enough rewards to take my daughter to Disney World to meet Cinderella and all the other Disney princesses. Being able to see her face when she realized what was happening was worth using this card. So, I would recommend this card if you want to get to Disney World, but I definitely would say pay it off every month and do not keep it if you are not going to Disney World again.