Other Credit Cards:
Charter One Bank Test - Visa Card

Charter One Bank Test - Visa Card

Seems to care about their card holders!

from Akron, OH

Comments about Charter One Bank Test - Visa Card:

A fee months ago, I had issues with not being able to pay my bills for a month do to waiting on unemployment to kick in.  When I called my credit card companies (before my payments were past due) most of them, actually all of them except Capital One had no programs for "hardships"  I was told by most of the to file bankruptcy or call a credit counselor to handle the situation.  I was just asking for a one month break on payments - most of the cards are over 5 yrs old & I've never been late on any of them.  But they didn't care, they were actually super rude.  But Capital One had a "hardship" program... you still had a payment due each month, but they gave you 3 months of not late fees or over the limit fees.  As long as there was an available balance, you were still able to use the card.  I did miss my January payment, and my February min payment was the total of Jan & Feb min payment (no extra fees).  I got them back on track as soon as my unemployment was approved & I received my back checks.  The rest of the cards charged the $39 late fees & $39 over the limit fees making it very hard to get them back on track... had to wait for the tax return to get them back to normal... I just wish all cards has as much "heart" and understanding as this one did.