3.6

3.6

Pros

Cons

• Absorption:

Best TP on the planet for the money

With a family of 6, keeping toilet paper on hand is a constant task.  I applaud Charmin for coming up with Charmin Basic.  I haven't found any other brand that compares for the price.  The rolls last longer and it is good strong toilet paper.  And...it's a plus that it doesn't leave behind any lint (great for the 4 little bottoms and 2 big ones in this house)!  Great value and great product!

Charmin basic is basically sandpaper for your butt.

Cheap is not always a good thing, especially when it comes to butt wipe. Charmin Basic may be cheaper a lot of the time but there is a reson for that it is sandpaper for your butt. At least it is thin so I do not think you will really hurt yourself wiping with the horrid butt wipe. I only bought it because for some strange reason there was no angel soft in the store and this was the cheapest stuff that was there and we needed butt wipe so I bought it. Now I feel like the butt wipe for putting this monstrosity in the hands and on the butts of my family. I think they said something like why are you torturing us so what we ever do to you? I still made them use it until it was all gone. It may have been horrible but I ain't wasting money and once it is open there is no taking back butt wipe no matter how bad it might be. So unless you need to sanblast your butt, I would avoid ever buying this brand of butt wipe.

Charmin basic

from Sneads Ferry, NC

Comments about Charmin Basic Bathroom Tissue:

My favorite brand of toilet paper is Charmin! My favorite Charmin variety of toilet paper is Charmin Basic! To me this one is perfect because it has the right mix of softness and durability and absorption. I hate when a toilet paper is not absorbent enough and gets the stuff all over my hands, but with Charmin I don't have to worry about that happening! It doesn't tear and doesn't allow much to leak through. I like a little bit of a tougher toilet paper because it makes me feel like I'm cleaning effectively. I also like Charmin basic because it does not chafe or irritate me and doesn't cause me any allergic reactions. Charmin also does not leave a lot of dust on the toilet paper roll. If you have dark toilet paper holders you know what I mean! I grew up using Charmin toilet paper and I still use it today because it literally is the best toilet paper! It's a little bit more expensive then some brands but I would rather pay more for the quality you get with Charmin!

Try it out

Comments about Charmin Basic Bathroom Tissue:

Charmin Basic toilet paper is a good bang for your buck. You can get it in a 9 roll pack or larger packs. You save more money on the larger packs. I find it a great value but also good at holding up and comfort. It does not fall apart and is fairly absorbent. Not as soft as some toilet papers but for the price you just cannot beat it! I would recommend this to anyone on a budget or not. I have bought this for the last few years and will continue to purchase it. Overall a really good product.

• Absorption:

This tissure is soft yet fairly strong.

from Scottsdale, AZ

Comments about Charmin Basic Bathroom Tissue:

You will need at least two squares. It is soft and cushy yet fairly strong. It holds up pretty good and has decorative imprints on it. It has better than average absorption. This tissue is reasonably priced. I received a sample roll of it so that is what caused me to try it when I otherwise may not have.

Soft and cushy.

Fairly strong.

Absorption
Better than average absorption.

• Absorption:

My tush isn't happy about these changes people

from Smiths Station, AL

Comments about Charmin Basic Bathroom Tissue:

They have changed my favorite toilet paper.  I have used Charmin for many, many years because it was soft, lint free and lasted a reasonable length of time.  Well someone had to mess with a good thing.......my grandmother always said "If it works, don't mess with it".....and that is what they did and now it does not work for me anymore.  They have too many different kinds for one thing.  OK, I will deal with that and just try them all until I get the one I want.   Wellllll now I have tried them all and none of them are the one I want so I guess after all this time, I will be changing brands.  It is so sad.....like leaving an old friend.  Goodbye dear friend whereever you are.  Both me and my tush will miss you.

• Absorption:

Charmin Basic is my go to bathroom tissue.

from Springfield, MO

Comments about Charmin Basic Bathroom Tissue:

Charmin Basic Bathroom Tissue is our go to toilet paper. The only time we don't buy it is when Angel Soft is on sale, but if Angel Soft is not on sale, Charmin Basic is actually the cheapest toilet paper out there that still works well. Charmin Basic is really soft. A lot of cheaper toilet papers can be rough, which is never good for a toilet paper. Charmin Basic is as soft as regular Charmin, in my opinion. It is also absorbant. It does the job for much less money than pricier toilet papers. Charmin Basic does leave lint, and it actually may leave a little bit more lint than Angel Soft or Northern, but for the price and softness, I can deal with a little extra lint. We have found that the Charmin Basic Bathroom Tissue lasts longer than Angel Soft. The ply of the toilet paper and it's absorbancy means you don't have to use quite as much at a time. Plus, it tears off the roll really easily, which is always a definite plus. I'm glad they still make this toilet paper.

• Absorption:

My favorite toilet paper, yes that's what I said

from Rice Lake, WI

Comments about Charmin Basic Bathroom Tissue:

Charmin has been and I am pretty sure always will be my favorite brand of toilet paper. It is soft and durable. I stayed at my parents house a few nights this week and they use Scott toilet paper I was very unimpressed with this toilet paper as it almost seems to fall apart when you use it. I have never experienced that with the Charmin brand before. The only issue that I have with Charmin is that a lot of people think that thicker toilet papers will clog your toilet. I haven't really experienced this yet, but if you don't use a whole lot when you go to the bathroom then you should be alright. I love to save money and bargain hunt but in some cases I say you get what you pay for and sometimes it is worth paying more for quality. With toilet paper (which is something you use every day) sometimes it is best to spend more on it since it is a basic necessity. Charmin cleans well and does it's purpose well.

use to love it more

from Cleveland, OH

Comments about Charmin Basic Bathroom Tissue:

i use to love the charmin with lotion. it was one ply and so soft and lotiony. then they had to go and 'improve' it and it is worse. it now has 2 ply's and they always come floating back up in my toilet. not as earth friendly as before, thicker does not mean better. it is still soft but it doesnt have the same quality of softness as before and since it is thicker, you waste more because you use more. also it is now more expensive than before. so we end up paying more for a lesser quality item. i really wish these companies would quit improving things that are already perfect and messing them up.

this all said it is still some of the best toilet paper out there. it is still  soft and lotiony and does not make your bum raw from too much wiping. but i am greatly saddened that it is not as environmentally friendly as before. it makes me feel more guilty about buying it. also the rolls have gotten smaller. giant isnt so giant anymore.

Comfort
the basic is not very comfortable or soft. it is one ply and i would not buy it again.

its fairly durable for a one ply t.p. but not very fun to use.

Absorption
for one ply it is fairly absorbing

Not really Charmin

from Chesaning, MI

Comments about Charmin Basic Bathroom Tissue:

Charmin Basic is so basic that it barely does the job toilet tissue should do! Once you take that second ply away from the regular Charmin, you are left with a thin, flimsy toilet tissue that barely resembles Charmin. You have to use so much extra paper in order to do the job, that you might as well spend the money you saved buying it to get the real Charmin!
Basically, what you are getting with Charmin Basic is a store brand product. That's really all it is, and should not have the Charmin name on it.

Charmin Basic is well Basic

from Appleton, WI

Comments about Charmin Basic Bathroom Tissue:

Charmin Basic Bathroom Tissue is a very basic bathroom tissue.  Since we have five kids we go through a lot of toilet paper.  I am always looking for a good deal and often try different brands as they go on special or I receive a coupon in the mail or whatnot.  Charmin Basic Bathroom tissue is our go to toilet paper if we need something and there is no other better deals in the stores that we frequent.  It does the job.  That is about all there is to say for it.  Charmin Basic is just that - Basic.  There aren't fancy quiltings and several layers.  Charmin Basic doesn't have colors or scents.  It is thick enough to leave you feeling clean and still thin enough that I do not have to worry about a toddler attempting to flush half the roll that he had unwound onto the floor to avoid getting caught.  Charmin basic may not be the most prestigious of toilet paper but it does get the job done and is an acceptable value.

Soft and strong

from Camden, IL

Comments about Charmin Basic Bathroom Tissue:

Who does not hate it when you buy toilet paper and to find out it is thin,rough,not durable? Well I for one am picky about my toilet paper I use,I began using Charmin Basic a few years ago and have found this product to fit all my needs and more. No longer do I worry about having rough toilet paper to use,or worry it is gonna shred before you even get the job done. Finally a product that is kind to my behind, does not require a massive amount of tissue to wipe,or even sometimes I use it if there is an area to clean real quick in the bathroom it stays strong.Yes, charmin is a bit pricey compared to other brands but this package will last you much longer than the other brands on the shelves out there..I would be so upset if this product was ever removed from production,I would be lost without it. I have recommended this to many family members and friends and they too have fallen in love with this toilet tissue.

Love Love Soft