3.8

3.8

Pros

Cons

Good Overall Grill

Overall this is a good grill. Its not the best but then you are not paying for the best either. I like the styling of it, the side burner feature, the stainless steel look and the bottom storage space.

This grill preforms well most of the time. There are factors that are not the grills fault like wind, dirty flame covers or the food itself that can make the performance worse but as long as we clean it yearly we have had good luck with it.

Versatility
I love the fact there is the side burner on it. Its so easy to throw on a pot of beans or make a side dish on it instead of heating up the house. I also like the side table/tray to put glazes on or pans or whatever. The burner side also had a cover so it can be used for a table/tray if the burner is not being used.

While my husband does most of the grilling, I am able to start it and cook on it as well. Its easy to start and as long as the heat is not too high I can make some pretty good chicken!

Lets face it, cleaning a grill is never fun. Its hard to get burnt on food off of anything! But once a year we head to the internet for a home remedy of a cleaner and scrub it down good. This helps the performance as well. The side burner is difficult to clean too but once its done its good for the year, usually.

The outer shell hasn't been a problem for us and has performed well. The burner covers didn't seem to last that long but there are replacements for them. unfortunately that is another added cost to the grill.

I like the side burner, the stainless look and the storage down below. Usually though our grill is covered.

Char-Broil Designer series 463460708--not expensive, but works.

The Char-Broil Designer series 463460708 works really well, is inexpensive, and looks great out of the box.  I have a few minor problems with it though.  Firstly, the flames under the side burner can't be adjusted low enough for some dishes.  So, a soft, low flame for a simmering small amount of food is out.

Secondly, the lid is open quite a bit in the back even when closed (there always needs to be some air coming in though).  This is a problem because even when turning the barbecue on low flame, the food just may flare up due to too much air inside the unit.  There should be a tighter fit between the lid and the rest of the unit.  But, mostly this isn't too much of a problem.  I can always move the food to one side of the grill with no heat if I want to bake the item more than grill it.

Lastly, the nice stainless finish  fades away in a short amount of time.  We haven't had ours for a year yet and it is stained and faded.  We try to clean it after each use and put a cover on it in rough weather.  It still fades.

I still like the grill for the price though.  It still works as well as it did when we first bought it and we use it almost every night.

GOOD WRITE A REVIEW

from CV

About Me Occasional Griller

Comments about Char-Broil Designer Series Propane Grill:

This is the best kind of all over the market certainly provides quality enviable, ensuring more than the purchase of an investment for life and art really more, made of extremely durable materials and much better after using it, you will be amazed to you by the ease with which you can wash it. With this product you will get the perfect kitchen for you and your partner, and experience, and do what I've always wanted to do in your kitchen.

So pamper the most important thing you have in your life, your family, your children, siblings and parents, boyfriend, girlfriend, friends for all your loved ones. A product to provide an enviable by all the reliability and will make your life much more pleasant.

• I am an employee or otherwise affiliated with the brand

Good Overall Grill

• Versatility:

Love this grill. Just the right size for family or just for two

Comments about Char-Broil Designer Series Propane Grill:

We love this grill. Nice style and just the right size. We can grill for the whole family or for just the two of us. The side burner is great for fried onions and mushrooms or just melting butter for on top of the chicken. It cooks evenly and give a great flavor to anything we grill.
We have no grease on the patio when we are done grilling.

Great performance. Love the even cooking it does. Love the upper rack to keep food warm when grilling different kinds of meat and veggies

Versatility
Nice versatility. We can cook on the whole grill or just on one half for my husband and myself. Can use the upper layer to keep things warm while others are cooking.

Simple, simple, simple. Just turn on and go.

With a handy grill brush you can clean up in no time.

We have had ours a couple of years and looks as good as new.

Great design and easy to move around. Nice to have the propane tank hidden under the grill. No mess clean up.

extremely well built!

Comments about Char-Broil Designer Series Propane Grill:

I am rating this a 10 because our grill toppled at least 50 feet, end over end, through 3 storms and it STILL WORKED GREAT! After the 3rd storm we did have to replace a broken igniter button but that was the only thing damaged. I'm completely amazed, fabulous quality, incredible performance!

I love this grill, it's like having a kitchen outside! I really love having 4 burners for precise cooking control. The temperature guage on the lid is very handy. Cooks evenly, never had a problem with our grills performance.

Versatility
This is a nice, roomy grill. If I could improve 1 thing it would be to increase the cooking space with a large upper rack. The half and smaller upper tier racks just are not big enough for parties. For 99% of what we use it for, it is more than adequate.

Very easy to use: easy to heat up and cleans up quick. Having the temperature guage on the outside makes cooking different meats and vegetables easy.

It's fairly easy to clean. Has heavy-duty grill rack that you can remove to clean.

Very durable! I've never seen a grill take the beating that ours has taken and still perform! Our rolled at least 50 feet or more downhill during 3 separate storms. We were completely amazed that it held together and did not break apart!

Rolls well, has ample cooking space and a handy exterior burner. Very durable! whomever designed it, designed it to last!

• Versatility:

Char Broil has done it again, top notch grill

Comments about Char-Broil Designer Series Propane Grill:

Overall the Char-Broil Designer series 463460708 grill is ideal for the beginners and experienced grillers. Simple to use with even cooking of all types of foods. When grilling season is over it is small enough to store with easy. Reasonable priced. Cleaning is the most difficult especially greasy foods but you have to expect that. From cleaning it does tend ti rust a bit faster.

Our grill!

Comments about Char-Broil Designer Series Propane Grill:

The overall quality and design of our grill is wonderful but like anything it does have a few flaws...the grates on the grill is less than perfect but are easily replaceable. We have not even had ours for a year and I know next spring we will be replacing the grates and hopefully they are not overly expensive... They are very hard to clean properly, ours have been about 100 times it seems but they still do not look 100%, there is some rust getting on them already and personally I feel that it is more than it should be considering the age of the grill. Other than that there are literally no complaints at all, we love the style of our grill and how PERFECT it looks on our patio, my husband calls it his "big man grill" because that is what it looks like, the grilling pro / grilling lovers kind of grill, even though it is great for learning on too...that's what ours is for!

I even use this grill fairly often and have no problems!

Cleaning the grill is fairly easy, cleaning the grates of the grill is a little more of a daunting task...

LOVE THE LOOK!!!

• Versatility:

Love this grill! Great price and performance

from Greenbrae, CA

Comments about Char-Broil Designer Series Propane Grill:

I bought this grill thinking I was going to be entertaining lots at my home. That turned out not to be the case after a last minute move to an apartment for work. I brought this beauty to my family's ranch and we usually use it once a week to all get together. The side burner is functional and great for killing 2 birds with one stone. Sometimes I put beans in a pot on there and cook them down with spices while ribs and burgers are cooking up right next to them. There is a pretty nice sized grilling surface. The grill itself was kinda hard to clean up...things tended to really get stuck on there. The design is fabulous and it looks like a million bucks. I had a little bit of trouble with it on windy days, there is a bit of an escape path in the back between the lid. Sometimes it would be more difficult to cook food evenly when the wind was whirling but for the most part it's a reliable grill and it has cooked up many family meals now without a hitch. I would recommend it to anyone with a big family or someone who hosts parties now and then.

• Versatility:

EXCELLENCE AT IT'S FINEST!

Comments about Char-Broil Designer Series Propane Grill:

Let me start by saying I LOVE this grill. I use it all the way throughout the year even when there is snow on the ground. It cooks so superbly and I just couldn't ask for anything more from it than what I get. Whether I am cooking steaks or seafood or veggies, it really is easily adjusted to accomodate whatever it may be, YES!!!

• Versatility:

I can't imagine a more poor made grill

Comments about Char-Broil Designer Series Propane Grill:

Don't waste your money. Igniter failed within 2 weeks. Cover handle broke within 6 months. Many of the factory assemble parts were not securely fastened. Cheap metal rusts out. It's ready for the scrap yard after 3 1/2 years.

Cheap metal

• Versatility:

Char-Broil Designer series 463460708--not expensive, but works.

from Davis, CA