3.9

3.9

Pros

Cons

• Versatility:

This is a great grill. Love how I can use it to smoke my meats.

Comments about Char-Broil American Gourmet Offset Smoker:

Love how I can smoke meats on it.

It works great and you can choke it down with the chimney.

Versatility
It works great as a grill and a smoker.

This grill is easy to use.

They need to make the ash drawer again on the bottom of the side box.

It's a simple but useful design.

Awesome Grill!

from Whittier, CA

Comments about Char-Broil American Gourmet Offset Smoker:

Bought one as a gift for a friend and ended up buying one of my own. I never had meat come out so tender and juicy then in this bad boy. Best ribs, steaks, chicken, fish heck even turkey! Temp gauge works phenomenal and super easy to adjust temps. The colder weather gives me more reason to go out back and stand next to this thing. Favorite woods so far are mesquite and apple. I'm in the process of trying them all. The smoke stack has an adjustable damper to allow as much love as you want. One of the great things about the offset smoker, is that it allows me to throw it corn, potatoes, onions, and other veggies in the mix. I also want to get a griddle to throw on it so I can set it up Saturday night and come back Sunday morning to do some pancakes to go along side the steaks that had been slow cooking the night away. If your looking to start up smoking, look no further. Love it 100% and would definitely recommend it to anyone.

• Versatility:

Becomes rusty quickly no matter the care.

from Lexington, KY

Comments about Char-Broil American Gourmet Offset Smoker:

The rust factor is a real problem with the product. I have other char-broil products that stand up very well but not this one.

This product performs very well and does great whether using as a char-coal cooker or smoker.

Versatility
I found that it is quite versatile as to different cooking methods which I like very much.

It is easy to use and directions are easy to follow.

It is not an easy clean. It appears that the finish is not as good as their other products.

Because of the rust factor it is not durable. If the smoker is too hot to put the cover and it happens to rain you can count on rust spots showing up very quickly.

The design is good except for the finish on the grates and the smoker itself which is very rust prone.

Char-Broil American Gourmet Smoker Charcoal small & good

from Olyphant, PA

Comments about Char-Broil American Gourmet Offset Smoker:

I saw couple of grills for my need, but this was cheap and light and pretty portable for my needs and it can smoke up a great meal with this in summer.

The only thing that you learn for using this grill is how to maintain temperature, then it is really good option for smoke.

In short, it is really great features with portability and cheap in price also.

After three years so cooking and smoking

from Brandon, FL

Comments about Char-Broil American Gourmet Offset Smoker:

After three years on the patio, the grill/smoker does not look great but it still works great.  Our family has enjoyed countless hours in the pool and then grilling on the grill.  Always a place where friends and family gather to enjoy each other company and food from the grill.

The American Gourmet Smoker is not gourmet.

from Davenport, FL

Comments about Char-Broil American Gourmet Offset Smoker:

I bought this for my husband because he loves to bbq and he really wanted a smoker. In this case we got what we paid for. We went with something that was fairly inexpensive for our first try at a smoker. The thing rusted out within a year even after trying to use a cover to keep it out of the rain. We never could find a good cover that would stay on. The smoker did produce a very woody flavoring to meats and with the side area you could experiment with different flavors of woods. We were able to smoke something all day long and not have to worry about the fire going out and you could regulate the temperature easily. We did have to becarful with the ash that feel out the opening on the side, often times wetting down the area to make sure the big pieces that fell out didn't smolder on the ground. This grill is good for big pieces of meat, but was a lot of work to get started if you just wanted to cook a hamburger or two.

great grill for smoking

from Dayton, OH

Comments about Char-Broil American Gourmet Offset Smoker:

I have owned two of these great grills. they do beautiful job ,smoking  meats,fish, seafood,pork.The grilling surface is large enough to hold twenty pounds chicken, The temp gauge works very well,I've smoked with many types woods .Such as cherry,oak ,hichory,apple. I have never had any trouble controling the temp,the side air vent and the stack vent so simple to get that perfect taste.I would recommend to anyone who is just starting out,trying learn how to smoke different things ,you will be a amazed how simple it is.Your friends willthink you have been doing this for years.Before you know it you will of mastered your own style.All yiur friends will be asking you to buy some your freshly smoked meats,seafood . It's also great for grilling those great vegtables you grow in your garden.it's so easy to grill with indirect heat and a small tray of water to give them nice moist tender smoky flaver.You will totally amazed .tou might even pat your self on the back.