Other Lip Cares:
ChapStick
ChapStick Classic - Cherry

ChapStick Classic - Cherry

I don't leave home without it

I have been using Chapstick for many years and when I say using, I mean using every single day, I'm addicted. Years ago I got chapped lips and used chapstick and haven't been one day without since. My husband thinks it funny, but you will never see me without my chapstick tube in my pocket or purse. And I use chapstick several times a day.

I have tried other brands over the years and no other compares, some are waxy, some are just cheap, some taste bad, some don't work. Chapstick works. It helps heal if you have chapped lips and it prevents the rest of the time. My husband borrows mine once in awhile if he feels his lips are starting to chap. He has tried other brands but always comes back wanting to use mine.

Chapstick also has sunscreen in it, althought it's only spf 4, it's better than nothing at all. We fish and boat and are outdoors alot and I have never had sunburned lips because I use Chapstick.

The cost can depend on where you buy it, so shop wisely if you care about that. You can buy them in most stores as singles and usually in a 3 pack as well. Chapstick comes in many, many flavors these days, but Cherry is my fav.

Just Doesn't Cut It For Me

I will never forget my mom making sure to stuff a tube of Cherry Chapstick into my pocket when going out to play or to school. It was the be-all-and-end-all lip product and I had lips that always peeled since I was tiny, so I could not be without Chapstick in one form or another.

The problem with Cherry Chapstick now as it has always been, is that it is ineffective for my lips. It is a waxy feeling stuff that sits on top of lips, sort of brings a little moisturizing, but then when it wears off, my lips feel worse than ever.

I am not sure what it is about Cherry Chapstick (and any others, in fact) but something in them makes my lips worse. They feel dry despite having moisturizing stuff on them. They peel, despite being coated, and they continue to get sore even though they are not supposed to.

Although the flavor is fun and very reminiscent of cherry hard candy, this lip balm does absolutely nothing for my lips even to this day (yes, mom still has on occasion handed me a lip balm when visiting), and I just can not see the sense in trying to use it anymore.

There are much better products out there for my lips and I have moved on despite having occasional childhood flashbacks when trying to use it once in a while, if I come across one.

Basic lip balm, nothing special.

from Las Vegas, NV

Comments about ChapStick Classic - Cherry:

I've had many of tubes of this ever since I was a little girl. I still find myself buying a tube of it when I'm at the checkout once in a while because it's so cheap, like ninety-nine cents. This doesn't moisturize very well. It's very waxy and seems to coat your lips with a film. It also leave a white residue on the sides of my mouth and in between my lips. It's good at maintaining moisture in my lips if they're already fine, but if they're dry to begin with it doesn't help much. I can't use this in winter because it just isn't enough and wears off too quickly. I use it when I'm in the sun because it has a small amount of SPF. As long as I've used it, my lips have never been sunburned. It adds a pink color to my lips if I use a couple swipes, which I find nice if I'm using it under a darker lipstick. It doesn't last long and wears off after ten minutes or so, and less if I'm eating, talking, or drinking. Sometimes if I use too much it sinks into the cracks of my lips in a bright pink color.

Convenient

from Syracuse, New York

Comments about ChapStick Classic - Cherry:

Cherry flavored / scented chapstick has it's share of positives and negatives. For the most part, it is relatively inexpensive. More so than almost every other brand. It is widely available and can be located for purchase just about anywhere. There are often coupons for it in my local area too. The Chapstick as a brand has been around for years and has maintained it's original quality. The tube is small and convenient and easy to travel with as well. Now for the down sides... Cherry chapstick is not as effective as other brands of chapsticks and balms. It gives off a slightly intrusive scent and has a look and feel of wax. It doesn't last very long and I find myself having to really n many occasions throughout the day. It is also not as effective as other brans. It takes much longer to see lasting results. Overall, Chapstick is a subpar means of protecting against chapped or wind burned skin. You get what you pay for. I wouldn't recommend it for serious chapping. This is best used for minor chapping or preventative measures.

Cherry Chapstick is the best lip protection ever!

Comments about ChapStick Classic - Cherry:

The best lip balm that protects your lips against all kinds of weather, provides moisture for dryness and cracks, and both smells and TASTES good as only something cherry-flavored CAN, choose cherry Chapstick! It's timeless and trustworthy and always low-priced, and it actually gives your lips a little color too!

Just Doesn't Cut It For Me

from Podunk, NY

A classic

Comments about ChapStick Classic - Cherry:

There is half an isle now in every drug store and grocery chain with an assortment of lip products. This type of Chapstick is the classic, it has been around as long as I can remember. I love the taste and smell and it always keeps my lips moist and smooth. I have at least 1 of these in my purse and make-up bag. When it's very not out and I'm in the sun for along time I use one with sunblock, but for everyday use this is my go to product. Other products may look fancy and be new with different scents and flavors but I always go back to the classic. It is functional, affordable, easily available, and works every time. You can't beat a classic, and it brings back such good memories every time I apply it.

Amazing little tube of magic!

from Tuscaloosa, AL

Comments about ChapStick Classic - Cherry:

My husband says I'm addicted to this stuff...and I'm ok with that! During the winter my lips get very chapped and dry. All I do is put some Chapstick on and I'm instantly refreshed! I have a tube of this pretty much everywhere I will be just to be sure I'll have it when I need it. I've tried other brands before but I always end up coming back to Chapstick.
My favorite is the cherry! It is especially nice because it doesn't burn if your lips are badly chapped and it also doesn't taste bad if you lick your lips while you have it on. This has been a brand I have been using since I can remember and I will certainly not be making a switch anytime soon!

Not my favorite

Comments about ChapStick Classic - Cherry:

Although Cherry Chapstick has been around for years and I've received it as a stocking stuffer gift from my parents for as long as I can remember -- I'm not a huge fan of it. Chapstick, in general, seems to be very waxy rather than moisturizing. It also seems to wear-off quickly. And in fact, after it wears off not only are my lips not any better than they were before I put the chapstick on, a lot of times they feel dried-out and it seems like I have to immediately put-on another application of Chapstick. If I compared Chapstick to some of the other leading brands of lip moisturizers and ointments, I would probably choose one that wasn't Chapstick. Although Chapstick is cheaper than some of the other lip moisturizers on the market, I don't feel like it works as well, so it actually isn't a good buy for the price you pay -- at least in my opinion. If I could give any advice about this product, I'd say choose something different and more effective.

CHERRY ChapStick

from Panama City, FL

Comments about ChapStick Classic - Cherry:

ChapStick is a product that you should be able to find in every household. My personal favorite kind is the ChapStick Classic - Cherry flavor because it's simple and one of the basic flavors that has been around since day one. If you need something to help with your lips chapping, want something cheap, and that lasts only a couple of hours then this might be the product for you. As ChapStick seems to last only for a couple of hours, I have found this product useful to use right before applying lipstick. This is due to the fact that it helps my lipstick to go on my lips smoother and lessens the chance of the lipstick caking up on my lips. Overall, ChapStick is a good product that comes in a wide variety of flavors.

Will never use anything but Cherry ChapStick

from El Paso, TX

Comments about ChapStick Classic - Cherry:

If you're a ChapStick fan and you haven't tried this product yet, you are seriously missing out.

I have been using this since I was a kid, and it just works amazing. It's the same as the regular ChapStick we all know and love. The only difference is this isn't nearly as waxy and bland tasting as the yellow kind. Cherry ChapStick smells insanely good and gives you a kind of menthol-y flavor on your lips. It tastes good, and keeps your lips very soft and protected.

It's also soothing for other areas that are chapped. It sounds ridiculous, but I've actually applied this to my cheek areas before bed when I had some serious windburn and woke up to healed skin. I wouldn't recommend it, but it sure did work for me, in spite of it being a little weird.

Cherry ChapStick is great

from Muskego, WI

Comments about ChapStick Classic - Cherry:

This ChapStick I have been using for over 10 years now. I use it mostly during the winter months to prevent chapped lips. I use it daily or twice a day and this seems to keep my lips moisturized and chap free.

Medically this ChapStick works to cure chapped lips quickly. It also prevents lips from chapping.

The cherry flavor is amazing. Sometimes I will like my lips and the cherry flavor is welcomed. The cherry scent is what I love the most. When I uncap the cherry chapstick it provokes me to put it on my lips and it gives my lips a fragrance which my nose loves.