Other Body Lotions:

Cetaphil Moisturizing Lotion

Pros

Cons

• Absorption:

Cetaphil lotion is gentle on the face!

I have never really bought a special lotion for use on my face, but after buying the Cetaphil facial cleanser, and using it for awhile, I loved it so much that I decided to buy the Cetaphil lotion to use after I was done washing. I wash my face with the Cetaphil cleanser, and than use the lotion when I am finished. I love the way the two products together make my face feel. They are gentle on my sensitive skin, and leave my face feeling silky smooth, clean, and refreshed. The lotion does a great job of moisturizing my skin without leaving it feeling oily like a lot of lotions. It soaks into my skin well enough that I can add makeup over the top of it without having to wait very long. The price of the lotion the first time I purchased it seemed a little steep, but it goes a long ways, and I don't have to buy it very often.

Not for the Face, Okay for the Body

I bought this product wanting a gentle moisturizer I could use on my face, because I have very sensitive, combination, and often break out-prone skin. I could tell within the first few days of using it as a daily facial moisturizer that it just would not work for me in this way. I liked how it initially felt, as it absorbed into my skin very quickly. I thought this was perfect because it could prevent my face from getting very oily. However, after about ten or fifteen minutes my face felt super dry (especially in the "T-zone"). About ten more minutes later, my face started getting really greasy and uncomfortable. Using this product in the morning left me feeling gross with a continually returning layer of oil on my face.

I stopped using it on my face after about two weeks and started using it on my body. It does not leave my arms and legs feeling super soft and moisturized, but it is enough for me. What makes me keep using it is the fact that it has no scent, so it will not interfere with any other products I want to layer on top of it.

This product has no scent, making it good to use as an all over the body lotion.

Absorption
It absorbs quickly, but does not moisturize enough (at least for me).

Using this on my face makes it greasy. Using this on my body and night leaves my skin feeling slightly dry in the morning.

A nice lotion for sensitive skin!

from Puyallup, WA

About Me Brand Buyer

Pros

• Absorbs Quickly
  • Goes On Smoothly
  • Long Lasting
  • Moisturizes Well

Cons

• Bedtime
    • Deep Moisturization
    • Dry/Chapped Skin
    • Eczema
    • Winter Dryness

Comments about Cetaphil Moisturizing Lotion:

My mother-in-law actually bought me a bottle of this because she knew I had eczema and sensitive skin. I was a little skeptical about it at first because I am pretty picky about which lotions I use. I ended up being a pretty good product. I wish I could use more lotions with fragrances in them, but a lot of time it will just end up drying out my skin. This one doesn't have a pretty smell to it, but it did the job and that's what mattered. It comes in a convenient pump bottle and is nice to have at my beside before I go to sleep. Having sensitive skin and eczema is a pain, but it's nice to find a lotion that feels like it is working. I think this absorbs into the skin well and leaves your skin with a softer feel. I would recommend this to people with sensitive skin. It's a great lotion.

Good basic moisturizer for non-oily skin types!

Comments about Cetaphil Moisturizing Lotion:

I finally caved and purchased my first bottle of this lotion after many years of hearing praises about it. Perhaps my expectations were too high but after 3 months of using this product every night, I have not noticed anything better (or worse) about my skin. I have used it on my body but it did not really improve my dry scaly legs during the winter months. My legs did feel moisturized for an hour but after that, the scales return. I've used other cheaper drugstore products with better effect.

It does absorb pretty quickly, doesn't leave any residue after it sets, and does seem to mildly moisturize. I have sensitive, acne prone, combination skin and it has not broken me out. It's not one of the moisturizers where my skin feels supple and well-hydrated.

My friend uses it on her newborn and it seems to work out well. This seems to be a great match for those with hyper sensitive skin or someone looking for a basic moisturizer. There is really no scent which I liked as well. Though I am happy I tried it, I will not be purchasing again.

Love this lotion!

Comments about Cetaphil Moisturizing Lotion:

I love this lotion! I have sensitive skin and this lotion absorbs well as well as doesn't cause me to break out. That is a plus in my book! It is lighter than some of the creams that are out there, so it doesn't clog my pores. I also use it on my face, which is also very sensitive. I know they have face moisturizer, but I already buy this, so I don't need to buy two different ones. I used it when I was pregnant on my belly when it was dry and itchy. It worked great!

It doesn't really have a scent. It doesn't smell good and it doesn't smell bad. I think the scented lotions are what my skin doesn't like.

Absorption
    This lotion doesn't just sit on top of your skin like some lotions. It doesn't have the oil in it that doesn't absorb that some lotions have. It leaves your skin feeling dry once it dries.

This lotion takes care of my dry skin anywhere on my body. It is lighter than some of the creams that are out there, so it doesn't clog my pores.

• Absorption:

Keeps my face moisturized all day!

from Orange County, Ca

Comments about Cetaphil Moisturizing Lotion:

Cetaphil Moisturizing Lotion is for all skin types. I use the moisturizing lotion for my dry skin. I use it daily in the morning morning and nightly. I have the 16 oz bottle that has lasted me for several months. The Cetaphil product is made in Canada and produced by Galderma Laboratories in Texas. I like the lotion because my facial skin does not feel tight as with other moisturizers. I almost gave the product more stars, except for one issue that I have had. The pump sqirts out a generous amount of moisturizing lotion in one squirt. My face looks greasy with too much lotion. So, I advise to use a cotton round while squirting the pump. Your hands can feel greasy as well.

Scent Free!

Absorption
    Absorbs easily and immediately into the skin. Remember less is more or your face can feel and at times appear greasy. I recommend using a cotton round and dab it on your face.

My skin feels soft and moisturized throughout my day. I'm out out the house at 5:45am and come home on average at 7pm. So, it is a very good moisturizer!

Not for the Face, Okay for the Body

Absorption
    It absorbs quickly, but does not moisturize enough (at least for me).

Works great for me.

from Las Vegas, NV

Comments about Cetaphil Moisturizing Lotion:

My sister gave me this product because it broke her out. I am surprised because her skin is dry. I have combination skin that is irritated easily, and I absolutely love this! It does not have unnecessary perfumes and has this bland scent that I enjoy. It goes nicely with the cleanser from the same collection. It moisturizes the dry patches of my skin very well and hydrates the oily parts of my face so they do not produce extra unnecessary sebum. It gives a really shiny look, but I think it looks healthy. It makes my face feel moist all day. If I use a light face powder over it, it still shines through. However, I have had people comment that my face looks "greasy" when I wear it. I think that it could be considered more of a night cream for some because of that. It has seemed to lessen my smile lines and make them slightly less deep, especially when I wear foundation over. The pump packaging is really handy. The only problem I have with it is that it does not have any sun protection, so I do not use this as much in the summer time.

A Great Moisturizer

Comments about Cetaphil Moisturizing Lotion:

I have used Cetaphil moisturizing lotion for a few years. I particularly like to use it immediately after the shower. I use it all over, face to feet. I have used it consistently for so long as this product does not EVER irritate my skin. I do not have super sensitive skin naturally, but I do use a retinol prescription ointment on my face- making my skin sensitive. No matter what you put on your skin with this prescription it burns. Cetaphil moisturizing lotion is the only thing I can use without elevating the pain level on my face. I can not live with out this lotion. I even use this on my 2 year old after her baths.

Cetaphil products are all pretty much fragrance free as fragrance tends to irritate some skin. I do not smell anything in this lotion good or bad. I am happy its fragrance free- as I view fragrance as more unnatural chemicals I am putting on my face.

Absorption
    Cetaphil does not leave your skin greasy or sticky. It absorbs quickly into your skin.

This is a great body and face lotion for everybody. I find it very moisturizing- and it help with my dry peeling skin when using retinol.

• Absorption:

Works wonders on dry cracked skin

from Rome, PA

Comments about Cetaphil Moisturizing Lotion:

This lotion is absolutely fantastic! It was originally recommended to me by an aesthetician who say how badly my hands cracked from being dry. I worked in assembly for years making my already naturally dry skin even worse. Though I tried many products this one definitely works the best. With one application my dry cracked knuckles look healthier and lose that itchy feeling all together. Though it seems greasy for a few minutes, it quickly passes and leaves hands feeling smooth.

There is not much of a smell to this lotion as it is meant to have as little ingredients as possible that could cause skin to dry more. what smell there is seems light, goes away quickly and is pleasant.

Absorption
    This lotion absorbs into the skin quickly, leaving hands dry after only a couple of minutes and working for hours.

This is by far the most effective lotion I have ever tried. I have naturally dry skin that cracks and itches year round, with this lotion my skin is much better.

A pretty good lotion

Comments about Cetaphil Moisturizing Lotion:

This is a pretty standard lotion. It protects skin from getting battered from frigid winter weather and adds back some moisture to skin. This product doesn't offer any deep hydration for skin, and it doesn't make skin any softer. It is a pretty light formula, so it's not terribly greasy. I use this lotion on my neck in the morning and on my legs sometimes. Overall, its an ok product, but nothing out of the ordinary.

This is a fragrance free formula, so its perfect for people with sensitive skin. I get rashes from some fragrances, so having a fragrance free product is something I'm always looking out for.

Absorption
    This is a very light weight, almost watery formula, so skin has no problem absorbing it since it doesn't offer deep hydration.

This lotion does replenish skin with moisture to a certain extent. It will stop legs and arms from turning chalky dry, but it won't make them smooth or silky. It does a basic job, and doesn't do anything exceptional.

Good for sensitive skin

Comments about Cetaphil Moisturizing Lotion:

I used Cetaphil Moisturizing Lotion when I tried their facial cleanser as well. I was having problems with acne and wanted to try everything to help my skin. This lotion is very light and felt great on my skin, without causing any more acne problems.

Very light, great for all to use.

Absorption
    Cetaphil lotion pumps out thin and is easily spread and absorbed on your skin. I used it primarily as a facial lotion, and it was easy to rub on to my skin, and I felt clean and moisturized after use. It did not feel greasy or oily, but clean and gentle.

I really enjoyed this lotion for my face, but the only reason I switched is because I wanted one with a good SPF in it. If you are looking for a basic lotion, and you have sensitive skin issues, then Cetaphil is a clean feeling, moisturizing lotion that would be good for your needs. I would still use it after showering, at night, but again, I switched lotions due to the SPF factor, that's the only reason I'm rating it a nine.