Other Body Lotions:

Cetaphil Moisturizing Cream

Pros

Cons

Moisturized skin--at last!

My mother has intensely dry skin; my father has intensely dry skin.  What does this mean for me?  Yup, you guessed it: cursed with dry, dry, dry...Read complete review

My mother has intensely dry skin; my father has intensely dry skin.  What does this mean for me?  Yup, you guessed it: cursed with dry, dry, dry skin!

**About his product**

Cetaphil's moisturizing **cream** is a no-bells and no-whistles moisturizer.  But, unlike many lotions and creams, it actually works!  It is thick and luxurious, and scent-free.  I apply it once a day in warmer climate, and twice a day in the winter-time.  This may sound like a lot to some (twice a day) but those of you who, like me, have the luck of dry-skin in the genes, know that to apply twice a day and not have to worry the rest of the time is truly a blessing!

**Tip**

If you have seriously dry skin, do yourself a favor and buy this product.  Do yourself another favor and throw away any lotions you have, and stop buying lotions just because they are scented--instead, buy yourself some cetaphil cream and spend a little extra to get a nice perfume.  Lotions and creams (usually lotions) which are scented will only have additional ingredients which already complicate an extremely complex concoction.  Aim for products whose designers' **sole** concern is dry skin relief!

Burning sensation

I have used Cetaphil products in the past and had mixed reviews. When I decided to try Cetaphil Moisturizing Cream I was taking a chance that this product might do harm to my face. I used this cream twice a day. The consistency of this cream is a little on the thin side, but it's far from being a liquid. This cream absorbed into my skin pretty quickly. After having this cream on my face for about 30 seconds I began to feel a burning sensation. My face felt like it was burning all day and it would get worse with any facial movements. I thought that maybe I had did something wrong or scratched my
face during the rinsing process. I decided to use this cream once again to see if things would change, but my face was still burning. I gave this product a week in hopes my skin would get use to it, but the burning sensation never went away. I definitely wouldn't recommend Cetaphil Moisturizing Cream to anyone with sensitive skin.

Keeps skin moist and not dry

from Garden Grove, CA

Comments about Cetaphil Moisturizing Cream:

The lotion works great it moists my dry skin, what I really like is that it is not oily or greasy.

This lotion does not have a scent to it, it's just lotion with no scent.

Absorption
This lotion works wonders, it moists my dry skin for the whole day with one use.

It helped keep my skin moisturized and it last all day.

I love Cetaphil

Comments about Cetaphil Moisturizing Cream:

You guys, I really love Cetaphil.

It is just a great moisturizer, and it doesn't irritate my problem skin. I put this on at night about 10-15 minutes after I put on my retinol; it is dermatologist prescribed (0.1%) and it leaves my skin super dry, I used to be able to skip moisturizing when I was on the 0.05% with only minimal discomfort in the morning, but now I absolutely need to moisturize my skin. Cetaphil's cream does a great job of leaving my skin feeling smooth and supple.

I have experimented with other moisturizers before I went to the dermatologist to resolve my skin issues— but most other brands either were too light to matter, left my skin feeling greasy, caused me to break out, or had a weird medicinal smell. Cetaphil's cream is perfect for those of us with acne prone sensitive skin, and helps me to look like I have naturally good skin (along with my prescribed medication of course).

I actually have nothing bad to say about this product, the container has enough product to last a long time and I will definitely buy more when I eventually run out.

10/10 Will buy again.

Burning sensation

from Westchester, IL

Good product!

from Puyallup, WA

Comments about Cetaphil Moisturizing Cream:

My skin is sensitive and this has worked well. It isn't oily and feels like it moisturizes well. It is a good product to have by your bed and put on while you sleep. It makes your skin feel smooth and is all around a good purchase. I have a couple family members that buy this product a lot and they love it.

cetaphil cream

from Manteca, CA

Comments about Cetaphil Moisturizing Cream:

My son's dermatologist recommended this for his super sensative skin and eczema. He said to apply it while my son was fresh out of the bath and still wet in order to capture the moisture. We have been adhereing to this routine for 2 years and it sometimes helps but not much relief. Thus i gave a rating of 7.

No real scent to this product which is perfect for our use on my son who would not want to walk around smelling "girly" as he calls it.

Absorption
It doesn't really absorb into the skin under the directions my physician gave as he said its not really suppose to. it will make my sons a "wet pig" of sorts by keeping him super slippery and wet.

On occasion seems to elleviate some of the eczema but there could be other factors and not the cream itself that affect the condition. I say this because it is a hit and miss type of affect. I know this cream is not made specifically for this condition I am just following doctors recommendations.

• Absorption:

The best face moisturizer for sensitive, acne-prone skin

Comments about Cetaphil Moisturizing Cream:

My dermatologist recommended that I pick up this moisturizer when I had really bad skin. She said that it wouldn't break me out, and it would help with my acne. I found both of these things to be true. I loved this product so much, that I actually went out and purchased a few other things from the Cetaphil line. I'm definitely a fan!

I actually don't care for the scent of this product. Don't get me wrong, it's not terrible… I can definitely deal with it, but it's not pleasant smelling. However, I think that's advantageous because it won't break out sensitive skin. Scented products for the face can sometimes irritate sensitive skin. Because this doesn't have a scent, people with sensitive skin will have no problems with it.

Absorption
This product doesn't absorb very quickly, so I'd recommend you used it as strictly a night moisturizer. It won't sit well under makeup because it's pretty thick and a tad greasy. However, if using it at night isn't an issue for you, don't worry about it. This product is amazing for overnight moisturizing.

• Absorption:

Excellent product for sensitive skin especially!

Comments about Cetaphil Moisturizing Cream:

I first heard of Cetaphil from my grandfather who said that his doctor told him to use it for his eczema. My daughter, ironically, was going through a stage where her belly and parts of her arms and legs had an eczema-like feel. I decided to pick up a jar of Cetaphil and I am so glad I did. Not only did it cure her skin issue, but it keeps it from returning. To date, this is the only brand of lotion I can use on her without her having some sort of allergic reaction. I admittedly steal some for my dry hands or legs, and my husband loves it too, and uses it almost daily. It's very thick and creamy. A little goes a long way! One jar lasts a really long time.

It doesn't have much of a scent, which I like for the sensitive skin factor.

Absorption
Cetaphil is awesome with absorbsion! If I put it on my legs at night, they are silky smooth in the morning! It's great!

I am so thankful to have heard of this product! Especially a doctor telling my grandpa it would be beneficial. It really healed my daughter's issue and she actually has a great lotion she can use without it burning her!

• Absorption:

Non greasy and perfect for dry sensitive skin

from Rome, PA

Comments about Cetaphil Moisturizing Cream:

After going to a spa and talking to someone about my specific skin makeup during a facial they recommended trying Cetaphil. This product works wonderfully for me. Not only does it help with my excessively dry skin, it does not lead to outbreaks that other products caused. Also, there is no greasy feeling left after application. I have recommended this product to several friends and family members.

The smell is pleasant but very faint. There is no overbearing smell or any kind of perfume like quality to it. This product has a very plain scent quality to it.

Absorption
This moisturizer absorbs very quickly into the skin making sure there is no greasy after feeling.

The overly dry look goes away immediately and helps for more than a short time. Using this product on a regular basis helps to keep my face from getting too dry and reduces outbreaks from dry cracked pores.

Goodbye Dry Skin!

Comments about Cetaphil Moisturizing Cream:

Cetaphil moisturizing cream is the first product I've found to actually heal my dry skin. I've tried every cream and lotion on the market for years now and I've finally found something that actually works. My skin is very sensitive and prone to dryness. My skin will crack open and bleed if I don't keep it moisturized. I also get rashed very easily so I have to be careful of the products I use. Other products on the market wouldn't even take away the redness of my skin let alone the dry scaly patches, itchiness and severely dehydrated patches that would crack open. i applied the Cetaphil cream to my hands first before going to bed and by the next morning they were smooth and silky to the touch. There was no rash, redness, itchiness, or cracked skin to be found. I decided to try the cream on my elbows, knees, and feet where I also experience dry skin on a regular basis and I got the same great results. I can even go a couple of days without applying the cream and my skin still retains the moisture from when I first applied it. I now use the cream on a regular basis and will never use anything else. The only reason I gave this product a 9 instead of a 10 is because the cream is rather expensive. It's a lot more expensive than almost every other moisturizer on the market, but it does work so I guess I'll have to continue to splurge.

The scent is mild. It's not bad at all, but there's nothing special about it either.

Absorption
This cream does absorb very quickly after applying it. You don't have to worry about feeling sticky or your clothes getting yucky.

This cream is highly effective in restoring moisture to your skin and helping your skin retain that moisture.

Effective But Greasy

from Hartford, CT

Comments about Cetaphil Moisturizing Cream:

Initially I was hesitant to try the Cetaphil Moisturizing Cream since I didn't have fabulous results with their cleansers but I decided to give it a try.

My hands get very dry during the winter and I have tried numerous lotions and creams on them. This was one of the more effective options.

I used this nightly before bed. I'd put on a thick layer of the cream and then slip into the white cotton gloves I got at a beauty supply store and then be off to bed. By morning my hands were hot but well moisturized and soft.

One of the things that concerned me was the jar setup. Since it is a jar and you are dipping your hands into it you really do need to be very careful about inadvertent contamination. I solved this by scooping out the cream with a wide popsicle stick.

It also bothered me that I couldn't use this during the daytime since it was just so darn greasy. It was really just too greasy to use and then try to do other things. Your hands would just slide off things, including the telephone receiver, light switches, etc. It felt like I was covered in a layer of oil.

So, despite being unscented (which is a huge plus), I ultimately had to stop using this because I could only use it at night. However, if you prefer to moisturize at night in combination with a pair of gloves then this is a great product for you. Just don't try to use it during the rest of the day!