Other Body Lotions:
Body Creams
Cetaphil
Cetaphil Moisturizing Cream

Cetaphil Moisturizing Cream

Pros

• Absorbs quickly (4)
  • Goes on smoothly (4)
  • Long lasting (4)
  • Moisturizes well (4)
  • Not greasy (4)

• After shower/bath (4)
  • Deep moisturization (4)
  • Dry/chapped skin (4)
  • Eczema (4)
  • Winter dryness (4)

Moisturized skin--at last!

My mother has intensely dry skin; my father has intensely dry skin.  What does this mean for me?  Yup, you guessed it: cursed with dry, dry, dry...Read complete review

My mother has intensely dry skin; my father has intensely dry skin.  What does this mean for me?  Yup, you guessed it: cursed with dry, dry, dry skin!

**About his product**

Cetaphil's moisturizing **cream** is a no-bells and no-whistles moisturizer.  But, unlike many lotions and creams, it actually works!  It is thick and luxurious, and scent-free.  I apply it once a day in warmer climate, and twice a day in the winter-time.  This may sound like a lot to some (twice a day) but those of you who, like me, have the luck of dry-skin in the genes, know that to apply twice a day and not have to worry the rest of the time is truly a blessing!

**Tip**

If you have seriously dry skin, do yourself a favor and buy this product.  Do yourself another favor and throw away any lotions you have, and stop buying lotions just because they are scented--instead, buy yourself some cetaphil cream and spend a little extra to get a nice perfume.  Lotions and creams (usually lotions) which are scented will only have additional ingredients which already complicate an extremely complex concoction.  Aim for products whose designers' **sole** concern is dry skin relief!

Burning sensation

I have used Cetaphil products in the past and had mixed reviews. When I decided to try Cetaphil Moisturizing Cream I was taking a chance that this product might do harm to my face. I used this cream twice a day. The consistency of this cream is a little on the thin side, but it's far from being a liquid. This cream absorbed into my skin pretty quickly. After having this cream on my face for about 30 seconds I began to feel a burning sensation. My face felt like it was burning all day and it would get worse with any facial movements. I thought that maybe I had did something wrong or scratched my
face during the rinsing process. I decided to use this cream once again to see if things would change, but my face was still burning. I gave this product a week in hopes my skin would get use to it, but the burning sensation never went away. I definitely wouldn't recommend Cetaphil Moisturizing Cream to anyone with sensitive skin.

My go to product for dry skin!

from NC

About Me Budget Buyer

Pros

• Absorbs Quickly
  • Goes On Smoothly
  • Long Lasting
  • Moisturizes Well
  • Not Greasy
  • Softens Skin

Comments about Cetaphil Moisturizing Cream:

This product is great. I love it simply because i suffer from dry skin and eczema, and it is a life saver when it flares up. This product keeps my skin soft and hydrated all day. I have recommended it to family and friends who suffer from dry skin. This product is a 10/10 for me. Will continue to purchase it.

This is the only moisturizer I buy for my face

from Indiana

About Me Brand Buyer

Pros

• Absorbs Quickly
    • Goes On Smoothly
    • Long Lasting
    • Moisturizes Well
    • Not Greasy
    • Softens Skin

Comments about Cetaphil Moisturizing Cream:

I have tried many moisturizers for my face and I always come back to this one. I use it every morning after my shower and I have not had dry skin on my face since. A lot of moisturizers I have tried have left my face feeling greasy or it makes my skin oily but this one seems to absorb quickly and keeps my face moisturized all day. It also prevents the hard water in my apartment from making my skin rough and dry. It is an all around wonderful product.

Non greasy and very effective

from texas

About Me Budget Buyer

Pros

• Absorbs Quickly
      • Goes On Smoothly
      • Long Lasting
      • Moisturizes Well
      • Not Greasy

Comments about Cetaphil Moisturizing Cream:

Having dry skin sucks. It messes with everything you do on a daily basis. This cream however, make it soo much better. It relieves the itchiness and makes my skin feel smooth.

Best Moisturizing cream one can have

from Lake Hiawatha, NJ

About Me Brand Buyer

Pros

• Absorbs Quickly
        • Goes On Smoothly
        • Long Lasting
        • Moisturizes Well
        • Not Greasy
        • Softens Skin

Comments about Cetaphil Moisturizing Cream:

This is the best moisturizing cream I have ever used. I am having eczema and doctor recommended many products, but this is the one which suited my skin in a great way. Instantly moisturizes the skin without any oiliness or greasy feeling. I highly recommend this cream.

Keeps skin moist and not dry

from Garden Grove, CA

Comments about Cetaphil Moisturizing Cream:

The lotion works great it moists my dry skin, what I really like is that it is not oily or greasy.

This lotion does not have a scent to it, it's just lotion with no scent.

Absorption
          This lotion works wonders, it moists my dry skin for the whole day with one use.

It helped keep my skin moisturized and it last all day.

I love Cetaphil

Comments about Cetaphil Moisturizing Cream:

You guys, I really love Cetaphil.

It is just a great moisturizer, and it doesn't irritate my problem skin. I put this on at night about 10-15 minutes after I put on my retinol; it is dermatologist prescribed (0.1%) and it leaves my skin super dry, I used to be able to skip moisturizing when I was on the 0.05% with only minimal discomfort in the morning, but now I absolutely need to moisturize my skin. Cetaphil's cream does a great job of leaving my skin feeling smooth and supple.

I have experimented with other moisturizers before I went to the dermatologist to resolve my skin issues— but most other brands either were too light to matter, left my skin feeling greasy, caused me to break out, or had a weird medicinal smell. Cetaphil's cream is perfect for those of us with acne prone sensitive skin, and helps me to look like I have naturally good skin (along with my prescribed medication of course).

I actually have nothing bad to say about this product, the container has enough product to last a long time and I will definitely buy more when I eventually run out.

10/10 Will buy again.

Burning sensation

from Westchester, IL

Good product!

from Puyallup, WA

Comments about Cetaphil Moisturizing Cream:

My skin is sensitive and this has worked well. It isn't oily and feels like it moisturizes well. It is a good product to have by your bed and put on while you sleep. It makes your skin feel smooth and is all around a good purchase. I have a couple family members that buy this product a lot and they love it.

cetaphil cream

from Manteca, CA

Comments about Cetaphil Moisturizing Cream:

My son's dermatologist recommended this for his super sensative skin and eczema. He said to apply it while my son was fresh out of the bath and still wet in order to capture the moisture. We have been adhereing to this routine for 2 years and it sometimes helps but not much relief. Thus i gave a rating of 7.

No real scent to this product which is perfect for our use on my son who would not want to walk around smelling "girly" as he calls it.

Absorption
          It doesn't really absorb into the skin under the directions my physician gave as he said its not really suppose to. it will make my sons a "wet pig" of sorts by keeping him super slippery and wet.

On occasion seems to elleviate some of the eczema but there could be other factors and not the cream itself that affect the condition. I say this because it is a hit and miss type of affect. I know this cream is not made specifically for this condition I am just following doctors recommendations.

• Absorption:

The best face moisturizer for sensitive, acne-prone skin

Comments about Cetaphil Moisturizing Cream:

My dermatologist recommended that I pick up this moisturizer when I had really bad skin. She said that it wouldn't break me out, and it would help with my acne. I found both of these things to be true. I loved this product so much, that I actually went out and purchased a few other things from the Cetaphil line. I'm definitely a fan!

I actually don't care for the scent of this product. Don't get me wrong, it's not terrible… I can definitely deal with it, but it's not pleasant smelling. However, I think that's advantageous because it won't break out sensitive skin. Scented products for the face can sometimes irritate sensitive skin. Because this doesn't have a scent, people with sensitive skin will have no problems with it.

Absorption
          This product doesn't absorb very quickly, so I'd recommend you used it as strictly a night moisturizer. It won't sit well under makeup because it's pretty thick and a tad greasy. However, if using it at night isn't an issue for you, don't worry about it. This product is amazing for overnight moisturizing.