3.5

Cetaphil DermaControl Foam Wash

3.5

Cetaphil is always amazing

Comments about Cetaphil DermaControl Foam Wash:

Okay let me just start off by saying that I am a HUGE fan of Cetaphil's products. I have terrible skin, and Cetaphil combined with some stuff my dermatologist prescribed helps me to pass as someone with flawless skin.

I have been using this cleanser for about a month, and previously I have been using their bar soap— I actually love both! This product is especially great for those of us on a skin care regimen under the care of a dermatologist. I am using retinol and Erythomicin (sp?) and it leaves my skin feeling dry, but I have such oily skin that I still look like I washed my face with crisco, that is unless I wash my face with wonderful wonderful Cetaphil. Seriously, I wish I could force everyone with problem skin to try this out.

My only quibble with this product is the bottle it comes in. . . and I have no idea if I just have a faulty bottle, but I have found that the pump portion tends to get stuck. I basically have to push the pump down then manually pull it back up in order to get the product out. . . and it takes multiple times to get enough out to use. It has been like this since I first got it so its not just because I'm running low.

So other than the nozzle/pump issues this product would get a perfect score from me.

9.9/10 Will buy again.

Ease of Application
Because the pump gets stuck

• Ease of Application:

Stripped All Oils Off My Face

Comments about Cetaphil DermaControl Foam Wash:

Several months ago, my close friend told me that her dermatologist recommended Cetaphil as a good brand for acne. I heeded my friend's discretion and bought this cleanser since it says directly on it that is suitable for oily skin. Falsely, I believed that just because I had acne, that this meant that I had an oily complexion that needed to be done away with. However, upon using this, be warned that it truly does strip all of the natural oils off of your face. I realized later on that I have normal skin and was just suffering from breakouts due to an increase in my androgen levels from half-marathon training. A face is supposed to retain its moisture, and this cleanser took all of my face's moisture away. Not pleasant.
The cleanser came out very foamy, and this made it feel like it was doing my face good while I was washing it. It definitely felt clean afterwards...but clean yet completely dry is a no-no!

• Ease of Application: