Other Body Lotions:

CeraVe Moisturizing Lotion

Pros

Cons

An intense moisturizer.

While CeraVe is an intense moisturizer and great hand lotion, it didn't work as well on my face. As it isn't targeted toward the face I don't hold that against it, but my dermatologist recommended that I get this brand of lotion for dryness on my face and it didn't work out so great - but it's a wonderful body moisturizer! It keeps skin hydrated all day without any layers or muck, and it's even used medically. My little sister got third degree burns on her hand from putting it on a stove, and once it was at the end of the healing process she was directed to get CeraVe lotion for her hand, and it worked absolutely amazingly for her.

It doesn't have a bad scent, I can say, but it isn't a good one either. It's fragrance free, which is a wonderful trait for lotions, but it's not a wonderful trait for those who count on their lotion applications to make them smell good. This product is not for those people - it's for the people that really need moisturizing.

Absorption
CeraVe absorbs relatively fast into the skin and doesn't leave any grimy layers behind.

While it didn't work for my purpose, CeraVe is a very effective moisturizer and, should any part of my body become dry and flaky, it would fix it up in a snap.

Overrated and overpriced

I live in a very dry area, which also gets extremely cold during the winter months, and I constantly struggle with dry, itchy skin. This CeraVe lotion was recommended to me by my mother-in-law, who has extremely sensitive skin and uses it every day. I do not have any issues with sensitive skin so that is not something I was too concerned with and since I had read lots of positive reviews regarding the amazing moisturizing powers of CeraVe lotion, I figured I would splurge and get myself a bottle. First off, it is quite expensive. If you are going to use that lotion every day, you are going to be spending quite a bit of money for not a whole lot of lotion. When I used this lotion the first time, it felt really watery and not thick enough to really moisturize. I applied some and about 10 minutes later, my skin started itching, so I applied some more, thinking maybe was still dry. I also rubbed off the extra lotion on my face (big mistake) and my eyes started burning like there was no tomorrow, worst sensation ever! I literally had to take a shower to rinse that lotion off my body. This is the first time I have EVER reacted to any body lotion. Then I looked at the ingredients. Have you seen that list of ingredients? Tons a paraben, alcohol, and a list a mile long that I cannot even read. This lotion is one of the most chemical lotions I have ever used. No thanks.

It has none, so if you are into that, this is the lotion for you.

Absorption
It absorbed way too quickly, my skin felt as dry after applying the lotion as it did before applying it. Not effective at all.

Again, this lotion will never be purchased by me ever again. Too watery, does not moisturize, and it burned my skin and my eyes.

An intense moisturizer.

Overrated and overpriced

Comments about CeraVe Moisturizing Lotion:

It has none, so if you are into that, this is the lotion for you.

• Absorption:

Pediatrician Suggested for extremely dry skin

from Pompano Beach, FL

Comments about CeraVe Moisturizing Lotion:

I didn't give this an overall 10 because it did do the job but it was finished so fast. My son has an allergy to dairy, wheat, eggs, and detergent so he flares up and extreme dryness is a given. His skin was like scales but I was first given a sample by his pediatrician and it was no larger than my finger and it did the job instantly. My son was a fast grower so he was two times bigger than other kids his age because I breastfed him. So the bigger he got the more I had to use, the faster it went. I wish it came in a larger quantity because I tried the Cera Ve cream to use instead because it came in a larger quantity it didn't have the same instant, long lasting effect. Money is really tight so i couldn't keep up with the demand needed for my son so I had to use other alternatives but it's not Cera Ve.

It doesn't have a lingering scent. But it has a light floral smell that I love

Absorption
Though it's a thin lotion, just a little goes a very long way.

It turns skin brand new almost instantly.

Amazing!

Comments about CeraVe Moisturizing Lotion:

Cerave Moisturizing lotion is probably if not the best, then one of the best moisturizers I have ever tried. I have tried high end expensive moisturizers and they don't compare to Cerave. I get dry patches on my face, especially during the winter, and this lotion has cleared them up. I have also noticed that it prevents my skin from breaking out because this lotion does not clog your pores. From the first time I put this on my skin, my skin has never felt smoother and softer! It feels so good that I can't help but run my hand to feel it lol..It is also fragrance free so for those who have allergies or just sensitive to perfumed lotions, this lotion is good for you. It is also lightweight and absorbs quickly.

Cerave moisturizing lotion is fragrance free so it is good for those who are sensitive to perfumed lotions.

Absorption
Cerave moisturizing lotion absorbs quickly and is very lightweight.

Cerave moisturizing lotion is very effective. It moisturizes your skin and does not clog your pores.

• Absorption:

For soft skin even in winter

Comments about CeraVe Moisturizing Lotion:

My dermatologist recommended CeraVe moisturizing Lotion. I like that it has ceramides in it. I use this for my hands and it is keeping them moist even in the harsh Minnesota winter we are having! It is non greasy and I only need to use it once a day to have moist skin. I am very happy with how effective this lotion is and even happier with the price. It is very reasonable. It makes me feel confident that my dermatologist recommended this lotion.

It really doesn't have too much of a scent at all and I like that. I can use it on my hands and body before going to bed. I don't like having a strong scented lotion on my hands when I am going to bed.

Absorption
It absorbs very quickly, but it definitely leaves a protective barrier on your skin. I put it on my skin before reading a book at bedtime and never have trouble with getting grease on the book.

I only have to use this lotion once a day to get good results. It is effective for even very dry skin. It does not irritate my skin at all.

Must have product

Comments about CeraVe Moisturizing Lotion:

I was diagnosed with psoriasis about ten years ago. It covered over 75% of my body. My doctor did not want me to use a steroid cream on that much of boy because it can cause the skin to become thin. He recommended that I try UVB light treatments so I did. Before going into the light box I would apply the Cerave to help the light take better. I did not know it was sold in stores because I only seen it at my dermatologist office. Recommend it for and dry skin. You really cannot go wrong with this product.

This lotion is free of dye and perfumes. There is no smell which I think is a good thing because then you do not have to worry if it will go well with any lotion or body spray you put on.

Absorption
The lotion is more like a cream. It takes a while to soak in because it is thick. The point of it is to put a barrier on the skin to keep it moisturized. I believe this product works very well. I use it on my psoriasis even when I am not doing my light treatments.

My skin feels constantly moisturized even if I have not used this lotion for a day or so. My skin looks healthier and feels great.

• Absorption:

CeraVe is my go to lotion.

Comments about CeraVe Moisturizing Lotion:

I am constantly using lotion. I started using CeraVe about seven years ago when I was pregnant. I saw a dermatologist who recommended CeraVe lotion. I bought it and never stopped. What I like best is that a little bit goes a long way. I can put a squirt or two in the palm of my hand and it cover most of my limbs and it absorbs quickly. After using this lotion my hands and body feels moist throughout the entire day. When people borrow my lotion they always do a double take at the name because they are suprised how well it works. The label is a bit dull looking and the price is higher than I would like. But good lotion is hard to find.

I don't think it has a scent. Although I would like a flowery scent, I think it would distract from the effectiveness.

Absorption
CeraVe soaks in easily and quickly. It does not leave a greasy residue behind.

CeraVe keeps my sensitive skin moist. I never feel like I have to reapply.

a gentle moisturizer

from Millstone Township, NJ

Comments about CeraVe Moisturizing Lotion:

This was another beauty product that I learned about through my husband who was going to a dermatologist for his very dry skin. It is available for purchase at major drug stores, supermarkets, etc. Though it is not the cheapest brand, it isn't nearly as expensive as department store brands. I also wait for coupons and sales before purchasing Cerave moisturizer.

Anyway, I find the moisturizer to work well. It is not overly greasy and absorbs well into the skin. I have the pump bottles and a different formula for "AM" and "PM" which is a little thicker for nighttime. A little bit goes a long way. Since it is more of a dermatologist brand, it doesn't have a heavy scent to it (which is nice). It also won't clog your pores or lead to breakouts. It is great for sensitive skin. Overall, I would definitely recommend this product for everyday use on your skin. I am a satisfied customer overall.

Gentle

Comments about CeraVe Moisturizing Lotion:

I have very sensitive skin and this product is perfect for me! My skin dries out easily but I am also allergic to many scented creams and harsh products. Even washing my face twice a day can lead to dry itchy skin. I rely on my cerave lotion to keep my face moisturized and free from breakouts.

there is no noticeable scent which for me is personally ideal especially since I use it on my face

Nice basic lotion

Comments about CeraVe Moisturizing Lotion:

I like this lotion because it has no scent (scent is irritating, plus can clash with perfume), and is good for sensitive skin. It absorbs very well and leaves a kind of invisible "coat" on your skin that isn't oily or sticky and that you only know is there once you begin to wash your hands and realize there's a barrier that's been on them. I think this makes an excellent hand lotion for these reasons. I bought it to use on my body, but I find that it's not heavy enough for that purpose in the winter. I use it after the shower, but still find my skin itchy and somewhat dry. I would recommend this as a medium-weight lotion for hands or a summer lotion for body.