Other Facial Cleansers & Scrubs:
Facial Cleansers for Normal Skin
CeraVe

My Go-To Fall/Winter Cleanser

This is my favorite cleanser to use in the colder seasons. During the summer I don't find myself using this because I feel it doesn't help my skin much. As far as makeup removal, I'd say this is good for lighter makeup. When I wear heavier makeup or colors this doesn't seem to take it all off. Overall, I really enjoy this product.

Katy, TX

true

So gentle on my dry skin!

My dermatologist recommended this cleanser. I'm so glad I heeded his recommendation! I've been using this product for 4 years and I love it now as much as when I first tried it. It's so gentle on my skin and doesn't strip the natural oils, leaving my face clean, but not dry or tight. It easily removes my makeup with no tugging or scrubbing. I highly recommend it for anyone looking for an effective, but gentle cleanser.

Louisiana

Ooh LaLa CeraVe .

I've been using this hydrating facial cleanser now for about 2-3 months and I hafta say- I'm very pleasantly pleased with it's performance and even more pleased with the outcome and end results. Since adding the facial cleanser to my daily morning/night skincare routine, I haven't experienced ANY break-outs whatsoever. Other cleansers would ALWAYS leave my skin feeling stripped and super dried out, but this cleanser from CeraVe did NO such thing. In fact, I found that it actually helped my skin bounce back beautifully with a nice boost of hydration. It does a great job at getting my skin squeaky-clean, without making it feel too uncomfortably tight or like it's burning on fire. I love, love, love how it makes my face feel after using it everyday. It feels airy, refreshed, and revamped, like I just left from getting a facial at the Spa- without spending $200. Another reason CeraVe is a MUST-HAVE item when it comes to my daily skincare routine is because unlike other hydrating and moisturizing cleansers, this one doesn't leave my skin feeling sticky or tacky. It leaves zero residue behind, and that in itself makes me one HAPPY Mama! When it comes to packaging/Design, the one feature I really appreciate (which I've noticed is becoming more and more popular with "pump products" lately), is the clever "twist" feature that actually locks and/or unlocks the pump- How freakin' clever is that?!! Having the ability/option to essentially close-off & lock the pump has saved me & many others from COUNTLESS Messy mishaps, I'm sure of it! One thing that some of you may have an issue with is it's price point, considering it can be found in your neighborhood drugstore. Depending on what store you're in, I've seen the smaller bottles run for about $12 & the larger bottles priced as high as $44. However, the large bottles were gigantic & would last FOREVER, seriously lol. So it's still well worth the $ in my opinion. It's a really good hydrating facial cleanser and is safe for all! ♡

Philadelphia, PA

CeraVe Hydrating Cleanser

I was exited to try this because other face washes dry my skin out. This face wash is really gentle. You don't have to use much because it's pretty thick and spreads good. It does a good job at gently removing all the oil/grease/sweat. I'm not particularly fond of the scent though, but that's not a deal breaker. I always use a witch hazel toner afterwards and my acne is improving.

Wisconsin

Love this cleanser

Since my sons turned into their teenage years, they are developing some acne issues. I myself have acne. As a family we use this to clean our faces. I love the thickness of the cleanser and the way it cleans my face. It's very gentle except I'm not a big fan of the scent. I was skeptical when I bought this. I was thinking it would be along the line as cetaphil but skepticism is gone. It foams and lathers well. We will continue to use this cleanser.

Springfield PA

Doesn't strip skin

With my combination, slightly acne-prone skin, this gentle facial cleanser doesn't leave my skin too dry in places (which would prompt possible pimple activity for my face). No, this face wash doesn't suds up, which many people associate with 'clean', but it does balance out my facial skin after using. There's nothing fancy or amazing about this product, but it just works well for me and my skin likes it, so I can't ask for too much more. It's easy to use but if your face is used to harsher, soap-based, foaming cleansers, it might take a few days for it adjust to the different type of cleanser.

CT, USA

true

Great cleanser for dry flakey skin

I have tried a lot of cleansers for dry skin, from drugstore to high end and nothing beats this. I have dry skin all year long but in the winter my face will start to get flakey despite exfoliating and moisturizing. This cleanser leaves my skin feeling clean and moisturized, even after drying it off, and doesn't leave a film of any sort. If you have dry skin, definitely give this cleanser a try. Also it's less than $8 depending on where you get it for a 16 Oz. bottle (which has lasted me more than 2 months with twice daily use). I will never try another facial cleanser.

Windsor Locks, CT

true

I would buy this product again.

I use this cleanser every day. I have sensitive skin and this cleanser leaves it feeling smooth and clean and doesn't dry it out.

Rockmart, GA

CeraVe Hydrating Cleanser For Clean ,Hydrated Skin

CeraVe Hydrating Cleanser was recommended to me by my dermatologist. I was already using the CeraVe lotion and was pleased with that. My skin is just so very dry, and when I remove my makeup at night using a cleanser, my skin feels terrible. It feels died out and so tight. Yet, sometimes using lotion style cleaners,I find that my makeup is not totally removed. With CeraVe Hydrating Cleanser I have found the combination that works best for me. My makeup is totally removed without stripping all the natural oil from my skin. My skin feels clean, healthy, and replenished of moisture. CeraVe Hydrating Cleanser is a bit more expensive than other facial cleansers, but i can usually find a coupon,and you don't need a lot of it. It is one of those products where a little goes a long way ,and using more than needed isn't beneficial at all. If you are looking for a gentle cleanser, that removes all your makeup, without irritating or drying out your skin, then this is for you!

NY

so moisturizing!

I love using Ceravu hydrating cleanser. It doesn't just clean, it moisturizes. I don't have to worry about my face being dry after cleansing, it feels so soft to the touch. It removes not only oil and gunk from the day but also safely removes any makeup that I have on my face. I love that it doesn't suds up like regular cleansers but that it is like a lotion that gently lifts oil and dirt without stripping my face of the essential oils that it needs to stay hydrated. No harsh perfumes or dyes to irritate sensitive skin. My skin always feels so fresh after each use and I can use this daily without any irritation which is a plus for me. I have dealt with sensitive acne prone skin for some time now and am relieved to have found a cleanser that does not add to that factor. I know what I am putting on my face is good and gentle and I recommend this to anyone with or without sensitive skin. Knowing that you are using a product that helps your skin feel and look the best it can makes me happy.

Round Lake, IL