Other Facial Cleansers & Scrubs:

CeraVe Hydrating Cleanser

Pros

Cons

An amazing cleanser!

I love this cleanser! It's super easy to use, especially because mine came with a hand pump. I make sure to wet my face first, so it's a little damp. Then a pump a little of the cleanser into my hand and rub it all over my face. I was little surprised because in the description of the product (I bought this online), it said this was a foaming cleanser. At first, I thought I was doing something wrong because mine didn't really foam when I rubbed it over my face. I tried mixing it with water and rubbing it on my face without damping it first but it still wasn't really foaming. I even bought a second bottle, thinking maybe the first was defective. In the end, I just accepted the fact that the product doesn't really foam. It sort of turns into soapy or sudsy solution after you rub it over your damp face.

As for the results, they are amazing! My face has never looked so healthy. I have really terrible skin that tends to get very oily during the day. Within a month of using it (twice day, every day), my face was glowing. Even my acne was more under control after using this cleanser. I highly recommend this cleanser!

It has a pretty neutral scent, which is exactly what I was looking for.

only use if your skin is very dry

My dermatologist recommend that I try CeraVe products to help my sensitive skin. I tried the hydrating cleanser and at first I really like it, but I started to notice that my skin felt filmy after using and I was getting whiteheads all over. I stopped using it and my skin cleared up, I tried it off and on with the same results. Then after having my daughter my skin became very dry and dehydrated so I decided to try CeraVe Hydrating Cleanser again and it really helped my skin. I would say that if your skin is very dry this will help but if you have skin that is combination or oily it can clog up your pores. I did like that CeraVe Hydrating Cleanser is inexpensive and easy to find in most drugstores because I really hate to have to buy something cheap online and pay high shipping fees and have to wait for this. I'll use this again but only when my skin is very dry. I only recommend this to those with dry skin.

so moisturizing!

from Harvard Il

Comments about CeraVe Hydrating Cleanser:

I love using Ceravu hydrating cleanser. It doesn't just clean, it moisturizes. I don't have to worry about my face being dry after cleansing, it feels so soft to the touch. It removes not only oil and gunk from the day but also safely removes any makeup that I have on my face. I love that it doesn't suds up like regular cleansers but that it is like a lotion that gently lifts oil and dirt without stripping my face of the essential oils that it needs to stay hydrated. No harsh perfumes or dyes to irritate sensitive skin. My skin always feels so fresh after each use and I can use this daily without any irritation which is a plus for me. I have dealt with sensitive acne prone skin for some time now and am relieved to have found a cleanser that does not add to that factor. I know what I am putting on my face is good and gentle and I recommend this to anyone with or without sensitive skin. Knowing that you are using a product that helps your skin feel and look the best it can makes me happy.

Gentle but great

from Berkeley, CA

Comments about CeraVe Hydrating Cleanser:

I've struggled since I was a teenager to maintain clear skin and a smooth complexion. I assumed for a long time that I needed a powerful cleanser, full of blemish-fighting ingredients, to strip the oil from my face and clean out my pores. Anything else, I assumed, wouldn't get my face properly clean.

I've since learned that a harsh cleanser can actually do more harm than good (by stripping your face of oil, you can end up encouraging overproduction of oil to make up for it!) and that a nice gentle cleanser, combined with products like exfoliants and spot treatments, work much better for me.

A cleanser like CeraVe's hydrating cleanser is a great choice for this purpose. It gently removes makeup, dirt, and oil from the day, but definitely does not strip your skin. You won't get that squeaky-clean feeling (which is a sign that your skin is over-cleansed!), but you will get a nice fresh base clean that you know isn't too harsh for your skin.

Helps daughter's acne

from Wilmington, DE

Comments about CeraVe Hydrating Cleanser:

My teenage daughter was having a terrible time with acne. After trying everything under the sun I took her to the dermatologist. The doctor said the reason why my daughter was breaking out was due to poor products and immediately suggested Cerave. I had never heard of this product but my daughter was willing to try.

Within a week of using only the Cerave line - soap and moisturizer, my daughters skin started to clear up. We followed up with the dermatologist and she added a prescription topical treatment to get rid of the really bad acne.

What we discovered is not all face products are equal. The other products my daughter was using as clogging her pores. That is what was causing the acne. Even though they said they were good for acne prone skin, that was not the case.

The one thing I wish is the soap had a nicer smell but then again if that was the case, it would probably not be as effective. I am sure the chemicals used for fragrance do not help problematic skin.

In summary for someone having skin issues - especially acne, I suggest you give this a try. It was more effective for my daughter than anything else. I can also tell when she runs out and forgets to tell me because the second she steps away from the Cerave routine, he skin starts acting up. Use this with the moisturizer and you will be in good shape!

Great for a time

Comments about CeraVe Hydrating Cleanser:

CeraVe is a cheaper option for those who don't have the extra money to spend on other cleansers. In the first initial months of use, it treated my dry skin very well. My sister who was born with extremely dry skin was also able to help her skin with this cleanser. It left my face feeling smooth and healthy each night I used it. However, as time passed, I noticed my skin began to become more oily and started to break out in tiny bumps every now and then. I stopped using CeraVe for a while to let the acne go away, but upon use again, my skin started to react. I guess it only works effectively until your skin gets used to it. My pores started to become clogged with excessive use of this product.

It worked for my dry skin in the first few months. However, after a long time of use, my pores began to clog and I began to have breakouts.

Ease of Application
Very easy to use and apply

No scent, making it easy to focus on cleaning.

only use if your skin is very dry

from Inverness, FL

The ONLY cleanser I will use

Comments about CeraVe Hydrating Cleanser:

After about 10 years of using only Dove soap on my face I discovered CeraVe and have never been happier with a facial cleanser. It leaves my skin feeling clean and very soft with no hint of dryness or tightness.

I have both seborrheic dermatitis and rosacea which means my facial skin is incredibly sensitive as well as red and flakey. CeraVe is the only brand I have tried that keeps both conditions at bay. Prior to using it the folds by my nose were very flakey. Now they're flake-free. The rosacea is calm and has not increased in severity.

Ease of Application
Very easy to spread on my face. It took a bit of getting used to becaue I am the kind of person who thinks there has to be suds for a product to effectively clean my skin. No more, though. CeraVe cleanser is creamy and rinses very easily and completely.

This product is unscented. That's one of the reasons I like it so much.

• Ease of Application:

Interesting product - worth trying!

Comments about CeraVe Hydrating Cleanser:

I tried this product after my parents recommended it. I was hesitant because it doesn't lather up quite like ordinary cleansers, and that was what I was used to. But it left my skin feeling so smooth and soft, I was glad I tried it. I have always had really dry skin on my cheeks and forehead, and I was surprised by how soft they were after I had used CeraVe a few times. It was definitely worth trying out! I'm really glad I tried it!

This product is great for making your skin nice and soft. It definitely accomplishes the job of cleaning your skin and hydrating it to make your skin feel years younger! I found myself continually touching my cheek because it was so soft!

Ease of Application
If you're used to a foaming cleanser, like I was, it was kind of weird at first, but now that I've tried it a couple times, it's not so bad! It's just a matter of preference, I suppose.

It doesn't have that overpowering flowery fragrance, just a really nice, clean smell to it.

Fabulous cleanser!

Comments about CeraVe Hydrating Cleanser:

My friend introduced me to CeraVe products and I had a fantastic experience with CeraVe Moisturizing Cream. I loved it so much that I decided to give CeraVe Hydrating Cleanser a try. I am thrilled with the results and the incorporation of this cleanser into my beauty routine has led to fantastic results. My skin has never looked better. I have very sensitive skin so I need to be cautious with how many new products I introduce at one time. I find that many cleansers are not gentle at all on my skin and really dry it out. I like that CeraVe Hydrating Cleanser keeps my skin hydrated. I suffer from dry skin in the winter so it is important that my facial cleanser does not make this problem worse. I love how CeraVe Hydrating Cleanser feels on my skin. It gently cleanses my skin and is very effective at removing dirt, oil, and makeup. I am very impressed with the quality of this cleanser. It leaves my skin feeling clean and well hydrated. It has done wonders for my complexion. I highly recommend using CeraVe Hydrating Cleanser. It is a quality product that will not irritate your skin.

• Ease of Application:

Very very very gentle cleanser!

Comments about CeraVe Hydrating Cleanser:

I have always had clear skin, until 2 years back somehow I developed Eczema post my patriot to San Diego (I was so depressed and lost my confidence). Thanks to my dermatologist, who was God sent for me, he was kind enough to give me a week supply of free samples of CeraVe hydrating cleanser.
This product is a blessing for irritating skin. It leaves the skin too smooth and soft and hydrated and moisturized. My skin started looking so good within a few days, thereafter I purchased a big bottle from the pharmacy and used it continuously for months. Today my skin is back to being healthy as before. Though I no more use this product now, I know it's out there if I ever need it again (God's forbid). I assume it must be as good for healthy skin as for irritated. I will definitely recommend it to anyone with dry or extra dry skin, though consult your dermatologist before using any product.

Economical Buy!

Comments about CeraVe Hydrating Cleanser:

I really like this hydrating cleanser by Cerave. I got this product because I have dry skin naturally plus I use a lot of products that can dry out your skin like salicyclic acid and glycolic acid. It feels nice going on and cleans off without leaving any residue to clog your pores. All you need in a cleanser is to be gentle and wash clean off and this product fits the bill. The pump on bottle is a nice feature that makes it very convenient to use. You also get a lot for your money with this product. It lasts a very long time and is very inexpensive making this an economical buy.
The only reason that Cerave Hydrating Cleanser doesn't get a higher mark is that it doesn't take make-up off that well. I find that on the rare occasions that I wear make-up I have to wash my face with an Olay cleanser that I still have and/or use a toner to remove the residual make-up from my face. Since I normally don't wear make-up this is not an issue for me personally.