1.9

1.9

Pros

Cons

Decent coverage but holy expensive

The problems I have with this cell phone company really had nothing to do with service. I am able to get coverage pretty much everywhere I needed it and the choice in phones is comparable to even the big dogs. However I wish their prices were comparable. I seem to be paying a good 20 percent more for my bill and it does not seem like I get as many features as some of my friends who are on other plans. But I will give credit where it is due and they do have a very large coverage area in state.

Call Quality
Crystal clear I rarely ever have an issue with dropping calls or with hearing the person on the other end.

Coverage
Easily this is the best I have seen in my area. The coverage is even better than a couple of the larger cell phone providers.

Plan Options
They have plenty of options it is just that my problem is with the price of these options so I can not mark them down just for that.

Features
My friends that are on other networks seem to be able to do more things with there phones than I can.

Customer Service
I really have never had an issue with them however I really have never had any one go above and beyond for me either.

Horrible and overpriced.

Cellular One is awful. The price we pay for two phone lines is ridiculous when you think about how little we're actually getting out of it. The only thing we have that's unlimited is texting, and it is extremely shoddy at that. My picture messages NEVER want to go through, and any text message I receive that is more than one page long either gets broken up into several, out-of-order, completely disorganized texts of different lengths. ( No kidding, when this happens, several of the broken up bits of a single text message have ONE word in them ). Half of the time I don't even receive mms or sms messages, same goes for outgoing messages. Sometimes I even get one piece of a broken up message and my phone gives me an "incomplete text" error and the rest is just lost. And their "web" ??? You've got to be kidding me. For the longest time they didn't even HAVE "real" web, only a selection of websites chosen by them that you were allowed to go to and absolutely nothing else. Recently that changed, but STILL, most websites I get "request timeout" when I try to go to them. I have a dumb-phone (as in not a smart phone) so the web is completely pointless to me anyway, especially considering we have to pay by the kilobyte for it.... Like I said the only unlimited thing we have is texting and it doesn't even work properly. Here is what all we have.... all for the "super low price" (heavy sarcasm here) of nearly $100/month for two lines...

1500 daytime minutes (COMBINED.... thats both phones.)
free nights/weekends
unlimited ( and extremely broken ) texting/picture messaging
extremely limited WEB for 3 cents a kilobyte...
and my phone goes into ROAMING when I go a mere 10 miles from my house.

and thats it. for 100 freakin' bucks a month, we get this horrible crap.

I've tried to get the person who's paying for it to switch, but they're extremely stubborn and won't listen to reason. We're getting ripped off.

Obsolete, but good service

from Pennsylvania

Comments about Cellular One:

Cellular One is becoming obsolete, outdated and less popular than the other brands of cell phone service. They are no longer well known, and most of my friends act surprised when I say I switched to Cellular One. "That still exists?" They say. However, do not let others' opinions get in the way of good service for a good price. They do offer LG and Samsung smartphones, including the Samsung Galaxy S5 (I currently have). They allow an XLR8 payment plan, of which I paid $0 down for my phone and about $30 a month.

I have cell phone service almost everywhere I go, and calls are clear and not dropped. I live in the Mountains and sometimes I do not have a signal when I go hiking, but that is to be expected. When I have a call it is never dropped, and everything works fine.

Customer service is excellent, and there is always a representative that is helpful whenever I call.

Cellular One also offers tablets at great prices. I recently purchased a tablet on sale, and it works excellent for school and work both (my internship). There is a rewards program for being a Cellular One member, and it reduced the price of my tablet greatly. Cellular One always has great sales on phones and tablets and the rewards make it even cheaper. The website clearly describes every sale in detail. Any exclusions from a sale are clearly stated and there is no confusion.

Decent coverage but holy expensive

Features

No thank you!

from Elko, Nevada

Comments about Cellular One:

We lived in a very small town that had no real cell phone options and only one tower reached us and that was owned by Cellular One so they were the company that we were forced to go to if we wanted to have a cell phone. First off, the cell service was horrible. Even if we were in an area that was a major metropolitan city, we still had bad cell service, I would not get notifications that I had a voice mail or missed call, and it would just not work right ever. Their lack of phones to choose from was also another awful thing about them, they really did not give you a good selection. Our new plan was more than double in price what our old one was, it was ridiculous how much they were charging people for such a basic plan especially when you could not really get service almost anywhere that you were at. Customer service was no help, anytime you called it was like you were troubling them and even if it was to ask why you had no service it was a blank response of that there was service and that your phone must be the problem. I will never use them again, I would much rather go without a cell phone if we ever lived in an area that only used them!

Not All That Great

Comments about Cellular One:

Lacks lots of service and features. Only able to use it in limited places, and charges are outrageous when roaming. This is a good service if you are looking for basic features such as sms text messaging and local or long distance calling. Other than that, if you want wifi, 4G service or any other features you would get with a basic smartphone, this is not the right service provider for you.

• Customer Service:

Customer service is horrible!!!

Comments about Cellular One:

I will never use Cellular One as a provider again. After 15 years of being with them, we had a phone with issues and they would not help me resolve the issues and will not let me out of my contract so, I vow to share my story with everyone I meet.

SAME AS OTHERS

MOST PLACES IN OUR AREA ARE GOOD BUT INSIDE STORES IT STINKS

Plan Options
TOO EXPENSIVE AND CUSTOMER SERVICE IS TERRIBLE.

Customer Service
HORRIBLE, HORRIBLE, HORRIBLE. NO LOYALTY TO CUSTOMER AT ALL WAS A 15 YEAR CUSTOMER THAT ENDS AS SOON AS CONTRACT IS UP.

Horrible and overpriced.

Comments about Cellular One:

1500 daytime minutes (COMBINED.... thats both phones.)
free nights/weekends
unlimited ( and extremely broken ) texting/picture messaging
extremely limited WEB for 3 cents a kilobyte...
and my phone goes into ROAMING when I go a mere 10 miles from my house.

and thats it. for 100 freakin' bucks a month, we get this horrible crap.

• Customer Service:

horrible service, and too pricy

from Joplin, MO

Comments about Cellular One:

The service charge is otrageous, but i would not mind paying if the service was good.  My calls were constantly getting dropped, which is really frustrating, or i was always in an area where i had limited service to none so i could not make phone calls, and even if i could my calls were getting dropped, which is not good when you own a business and your trying to make job deals over the phone. Cingular is the best phone program that you can get. Great service at an affordable price.

There customer service is horrible!

from Pine Bush, NY

Comments about Cellular One:

the service itself at the time was not too bad, however, when you call their customer service for just about anything, and that includes their supervisors and/or managers, for anything, they have no clue about their services, products, etc..and they are the rudest people i have ever had to deal with. i left them over 3 years ago. the day i canceled my contract, the gentleman behind the counter ask me who i was changing to, when i told him, he stated, "you'll be back within 6 months"....i put up with them for over 8 years and plan on never going back.

Pretty expensive with limited coverage

from Grants, NM

Comments about Cellular One:

The only reaso why I used this serive is, this is the only carrier that works where I live. I live in the North east corner of Arizona. Cellular one company actually tided up with T-Mobile in other places. This is a GSM network carrier. The company provides different kinds of plans and most of them are pretty expensive. Their nationwide coverage plan costs 69.99 for 1000 minutes. In my opinion this is very pricy. However, they recently came up with unlimited plan for one line that costs $49.99. This provides unlimites talk and text. The reason why I don't suggest this company is their network. They mostly rely on T-Mobile and their customer care. One good thing about this company is their prepaid Vision one plan. This is a subsidized plan for eligible customers. In this plan you have to pay one time fee $40 and they will give you Nokia phone and service that keeps your phone active for 3 years. Each month they provide 600 minutes that you can call any one in their network for free. Other calls costs 5c/ min. This plan is LOT CHEAPER than tracfone or Net 10 prepaid and good for limited use customres. In order to avail this offer, you must live their network coverage area.

CELLULAR ONE SUCKS

from Greenup, IL

**I would rate it a -1 if I could.**

**Cellular one has the worse customer service ever and does not follow up.**

**My internet is down about 40% of the time on a regular basis and down most every weekend.**

**Did  I mention the tower? I can see it from here and is less than a mile away.**

**If I don't pay my wireless bill atleast a week before due date, I get shut off notice in the mail everytime.**

**Shut off notice is also visible thru the clear window for all to see.**

**The above mentioned is for wireless internet only.**

**Now the cell phone service is no better.**

**We dropped the phone service when another provider came in the area.**

**I will be dropping the wireless internet service shortly,**

** as soon as the new providers get there system running.**

**Cellular One, you are a sorry excuse for a customer providing company.**