3.7

3.7

Pros

Cons

• Odor Control:

My cat's have their "Pride"

Cat's Pride scoopable litter is probably the best litter I have found for multiple cats. It's is hard clumping, so scooping is easy, I never smell an odor even with the three cats I have. people always wonder if we even have a cat box because they cannot detect it. You get 14 pounds, but it's the same as a 20 pound fill. There is no "dust" when I fill the box and no strong fragrance. I never see a mess around the litter box and it lasts for a long time between changes and that is definitely a bonus for me with the three cats. Another bonus is that you can actually flush this litter because it does NOT have sodium bentonite, which can clog pipes.I hated having to scoop and bag, then run out to the trash, especially late at night. Now I know I can safely flush waste with worrying about plumbing problems. Changing the litter box is never fun and almost always a chore, but Cat's Pride scoopable makes it a little less of a burden.

Moisture Absorption
clumps stay together and make it easy to clean

no breaking apart of clumps. saves cleaning time. and yes-safe for septic tanks . I think its' the ONLY scoopable little that's flushable. I dont do it all the time, but sometimes at 2 am, you dont want to run out to the trash.

with 3 cats, it stands up very well

love the convenient container with handle. still my favorite little brand

Leaves the Room Smelling Like Cat Urine

When I first switched to scoopable litters because of the bad urine smell, this was one of the first types I bought. It was really cheap, and scoopable, which was what I really liked. What I didn't like was the fact that it does not help control odors. I change the cat litter in the morning and by the end of the day you could smell the odor a room away from the cat box, which sadly was my children's room. Not only that, but because seem to smell so much like urine I had to change the whole litter every three days, which in the end meant it was actually more expensive. I would only recommend this if you had one cat, otherwise you may regret it unless you use something to mask the odor. The only reason I'm giving it a five overall is because it is very cheaper, otherwise I would have given it a three.

Moisture Absorption
It's not a good litter to absorb odor.

For a scoopable litter this litter isn't very good. It's tougher to get all the clumps of urine out of the box because they break apart so easily. Which in the end means a stronger odor of urine.

Odor Control
Leaves your house smelling like a cat box, even after you scoop it.

The only good thing about this is the container they have this in, it makes it easier to pour. Otherwise it does get dust everywhere, which means it's harder to

Cheap and it shows!

Comments about Cat's Pride Premium Scoopable Litter:

I bought this product on a budget once, when I needed some and I didn't have a lot of cash. This stuff is cheap and did nothing to eliminate anything. My whole house smell of cat urine and feces. It did not cover up anything.

Moisture Absorption
The entire time I used this product the litter was soggy, as you could actually see how wet it was all the time. It never dried up, and never absorbed anything.

There was absolutely no clumping action at all. It was very difficult to actually clean the litter box, as the best think to do was throw the entire thing out each time I was going to clean it.

Odor Control
This product did not control anything at all.

This product was easy to use, nothing complicated about this product. I would not recommend this product even if you are on a budget with limited funds. I will cost you more in air fresheners because you are going to smell everything your cats do when using this product.

• Odor Control:

Does not keep odors away.

from Elko, Nevada

Comments about Cat's Pride Premium Scoopable Litter:

I bought this because it was on sale and I had a really good coupon that made it almost free so I figured that I would give it a shot. We had two cats at the time and they both were full grown and used the litter box multiple times a day, so they definitely made a lot of messes and that caused a lot of odor. This had a good smell as I poured it into their litter box so I was hopeful that it was going to do the job and keep the smells down. Our cats used it the first day and then I went into the laundry room where I kept it and noticed the smell was awful. I scooped it out and it scooped out pretty easily and cleaned up easy so I was hoping the smell would get better. Not long after I could smell it again from the other end of my house. I change our cats litter usually once a week and scoop it out once a day. This stuff did absolutely nothing to keep all of their odors at bay, it still smelled awful and I ended up having to change the litter after only one day. I tried to use this one more time with the same results, it just did not do the job that I needed it to with my cats.

Not great

from Empire, AL

Comments about Cat's Pride Premium Scoopable Litter:

This litter is probably one of my last picks when it comes to clumping litter. The litter is super fine like sand and when you pour it into the box you will quickly notice that it forms a cloud of dust. Anyone with asthma should definitely wear a mask or opt for a different litter. I will say that the fine texture does absorb on the solid waste real good. It also absorbs liquid well but when you go to scoop the liquid clumps they will fall into a million pieces that you will not be able to clean up. As far as odor control, it does an average job. The reason I do not prefer this littler is because you really can’t scoop and reuse due to the clumps constantly falling apart. Also when the cats get in and out of the box it leaves the tiny grains behind, but of course all cat littler leaves a trail. The only way I would buy it is if I was on a tight budget and had a coupon.

Moisture Absorption
Absorbs well but forget scooping the clumps because they will fall apart.

The clumps fall apart when scooping.

Leaves the Room Smelling Like Cat Urine

from Blackwell, OK

Moisture Absorption
It's not a good litter to absorb odor.

Odor Control
Leaves your house smelling like a cat box, even after you scoop it.

Not my cats favorite

from Sacramento, CA

Comments about Cat's Pride Premium Scoopable Litter:

My cat is over twenty five years old, and so she has pretty much "seen it all" when it comes to the various options in cat litter. Over the years, as new things are introduced, I purchase them and permit her to test them out.

This litter is light weight which I appreciate when lugging around multiple purchases. However, my cat seems to not like the lightweight feature. When I use this litter she tends to root around in it in her box much more than she does with heavier litter products.

Likewise, the fragrance of it, although fresh and natural to me, seems to be a distinct put off to her. She sneezes in the box when I use this product.

For these reasons, it is not her favorite. Relative to other factors such as moisture absorption, I think it does an adequate job. The same is true of odor control.

Relative to price, it is very reasonably priced in comparison to other scoopables. So, on balance, my review has to be less favorable because what is truly important is not how I perceive it, but how my cat evaluates it.

• Odor Control:

Great litter at an affordable price

Comments about Cat's Pride Premium Scoopable Litter:

I would recommend this litter to those who do not want to buy the pricier litters out there. I have a four cat home and I clean the litter boxes twice daily. So buying litter can be expensive. I purchase two of these weekly and they last, keep the box smelling clean.

Moisture Absorption
Does a great job on absorption, and keeps clumped till cleaning. Very little sticks to the bottom of the box.

This litter has a great clumping ability and makes it easier to keep the litter box clean.

Odor Control
Order control is good but I also add arm and hammer order control to help because even the best litter cannot keep the orders under control with four kitties.

I absolutely love that this litter comes in an easy to pour container. I have arthritis and it is very difficulty to open those litters than come in a box. I also have a mischievous kitty who love to get into an open box of litter and since the boxes do not close she had a grand time of spreading litter on the floor.

A great cat litter

Comments about Cat's Pride Premium Scoopable Litter:

We have 3 cats in our house and they use a lot of cat litter. Occasionally I will purchase a different brand if it is on sale. I am happy to report that Cat's Pride litter was a good purchase and a great value for the money.

Moisture Absorption
This litter is good at absorbing moisture. It works much better than some other brands I have tried in the past.

It is very easy to scoop this litter from the cat box. I have noticed that Cat's Pride does not produce large amounts of dust in the air when I am scooping it.

Odor Control
Cat's Pride litter is fantastic at controlling odors. This is very important to me because I have a sensitive nose and cannot stand harsh urine or feces odors. I do appreciate the fact that my entire house does not smell like a dirty cat box when using Cat's Pride litter.

Cat's Pride litter is very easy to use. Simply pour the litter directly into the litter box. You want to make sure there is at least 2-3 inches of litter in the box.

• Odor Control:

One of the least expensice scooping litters

from Phoenix, AZ

Comments about Cat's Pride Premium Scoopable Litter:

Sometimes my budget will not allow me to get the more expensive pine and cedar scented litters that I prefer for my small home, but this more economical litter is acceptable in a pinch. Providing that I scoop every day and change it out completely every 2 weeks, I will be able to keep the odor down.

Moisture Absorption
It absorbs urine and feces into scoopable clumps that can be removed and the surrounding litter mostly stays dry.

One daily scooping and a total change every 2 weeks does the job of odor control and keeps the cats happy that their toilet is kept clean.

Odor Control
Not as good as the more expensive litters because it has less aroma and also needs to be changed out more often. It is fairly acceptable though, so long as I stick to daily scooping, sometimes twice a day if the cats got extra feedings, and when i change the whole lot of the litter, I need to wash and bleach the pan.

I just pour it in the pan and scoop wastes out daily and dispose of them in baggies. Pretty easy.

Cats pride Premium Scoopable Cat litter

from Saint Petersburg Fl

Comments about Cat's Pride Premium Scoopable Litter:

I just started using this litter a few months ago and I think for the price it's a great value and most of all, the cats like it. having gone through numerous brands in the last year I believe I can settle on this one based on effectiveness, price and the fact that the cats all like it.

Moisture Absorption
Very good at absorbing the moisture. It's very easy to scoop the clumps out and keep the box fresh which of course keeps the cats happy.

Fairly easy to clean compared to some other brands. I don't have any issues and recommend it to anyone with multiple cats. As we all know, all cats are different and some very fussy when it comes to food, and little.

Odor Control
What I really like about this litter is it doesn't smell worse than the litter itself like some floral scented litters do. It's a neutral scent and that's fine with me.

Very easy to use with the plastic container. I like that there is very little dust which is a problem with many litters that come in a large box.

Great Cat litter

Comments about Cat's Pride Premium Scoopable Litter:

I just purchased this litter for my one cat that I have. I am always looking for a very fine litter because as every cat owner knows, it is very important to get the finest grain of litter as you can. This litter is very soft and does remind me of sand which is what cats like to bury their waste under. Other cat litters have hurt my cats paws because of the thickness of the litter. I'v just started using and so far I can say I really like it and so does my Molly!!!!