3.9
Casio
Casio - Exilim EX-Z1050 digital camera

Casio - Exilim EX-Z1050 digital camera

3.9

For the price, the Casio Exilim is worth it!!

I use my Casio Exilim all the time and it works great! For the price, I think you get a compact, easy to use camera that takes quality pictures. It fits in my pocket and I can take it anywhere because it's failry small. It's not as small as some of the other cameras out there but I think it's small enough to go just about anywhere. When I first purchased the camera I spent about 30 minutes checking out all of the features and buttons. Overall, it has some great features like a zoom, red eye adjustment, anti-shake feature, auto timer, etc. that any average camera user would like to have.

HATE the battery!!!

I bought this camera thinking that it would be better for shooting pictures quickly since there was a major delay on my last one.  I think it's a bit better, but not that fantastic.  It was described as being able to take photos one after another when someone is moving.  I have not found that this is true.  Now...maybe I just haven't found that button yet, but I don't think so since I can make my way around a camera.  Also, I didn't think much about the type of batter other than it would be nice to have a more powerful battery than just having AAs.  This one comes with a Lithium Ion Battery which after charged should run quite a long time, although I have found that it typically just runs a few days at best.  And there is very short notice when it gets low.  It takes probably around 6 hours or so to charge fully, so I would recommend getting another as a back-up.  I would actually prefer to have the AA batteries that are less expensive that I could just have on hand for when I'm out and about and my camera dies.  The other "issue" I have is if you want to switch from taping video to taking a picture again you have to press 3 different buttons so it is not something you can easily switch from one thing to the next.

I DO love the color of it, the fact that it is compact so it's so easy and light that I can take it anywhere.  I get great pictures from it (when there is not a delay) although the red-eye reduction doesn't seem to do a lot for kids.  I also like the big LCD display in the back and the larger amounts of pixels.  The video is quite nice for a small camera and will take long video clips.  I believe it would actually fill the entire card should I need to use it with just video.  So, I wouldn't say it's the best camera on the market, but it's pretty good especially for someone who wants to use it right out of the box.

good

from walido-sama

About Me Photo Enthusiast

Pros

• Easy To Use
  • Fast/accurate auto-focus
  • Good Image Quality

Cons

• Limited Zoom

• Family Photos
  • Landscape/Scenery
  • Sports/Action
  • Travel
  • Wildlife photos

Comments about Casio - Exilim EX-Z1050 digital camera:

its very good to use it in the day , in the sckool or with family i have once and i rely like it you have to get of this i try athers but this is the best

• Was this a gift?:

This camera has a very good friend of mine has bought them l

from egypt

About Me Photography Student

Pros

• Good in Low Light
  • Great Zoom
  • Nice Body Color
  • Small / Compact

Cons

• Lag / Shutter Delay
  • Poor Image Quality
  • Short Battery Life

• Landscape/Scenery
  • Travel
  • Weddings/Events

i really love the casio exilim ex-z1050 digital camera

its very good at takeing pictures. it has high resoution and the anti-shake featrue it remarkable. whenever i go on a cruise of anywhere on vacation, i can save my memories with this snapshop digital camera and save every moment of my trip. even though iot may cost much, it's way worht it.

altogether, its amazing. thanks :D

and everyone needs to buy it, you wont lose your money. trust me!!

• Was this a gift?:
  • I am an employee or otherwise affiliated with the brand

Average entry level camera

from Westchester, IL

Comments about Casio - Exilim EX-Z1050 digital camera:

I was never able to get the Casio Exillim EX-Z1050 Digital Camera to take great pictures, but it was good enough for average shots. The first thing I realized about this camera is that lighting is a vital aspect to taking pictures with the Casio. I can barely even see an image on the display screen under dim lighting. When I got under proper lighting I was able to take decent pictures, but the anti-shake feature appeared to cause more bad than good. When I had this setting on my pictures came out blurry, but as soon as I turned it off and held steady my pictures didn't have any ghost effect. This camera really shines at taking pictures of far focal points, but anything close enough to touch is a real struggle to capture. Shooting videos with this camera is almost pointless. I tried upgrading my SD card to highest speed, but I was unable to improve the frame rate during shooting. Even though the Exilim EX-Z1050 wouldn't be my first choice I would still recommend it as an entry level camera.

• Image Quality:
  • Battery Life:
  • Portability:

good toy

from Redwood City, CA

Comments about Casio - Exilim EX-Z1050 digital camera:

At nearly an inch thick and weighing 5.4 ounces, the Casio Exilim EX-Z1050 isn't quite the slimmest member of the Casio Exilim series of digital cameras. It is, however, one of the simplest. Unlike most other Exilims, the EX-Z1050 lacks both mode dial and switch, and holds only a few buttons on its back panel. This simple design betrays the camera's simple feature set. The 10-megapixel EX-Z1050 uses a standard 38mm-to-114mm equivalent 3x zoom lens. Like all Exilims, the EX-Z1050 features Casio's antishake DSP digital-image stabilization and Best Shot scene preset modes. The EX-Z1050 also uses the same control sidebar first seen in the well-received Casio Exilim EX-S770. The sidebar works well with the EX-Z1050's simple design, making almost all commonly used image settings available with a few taps of the direction pad.

Great price for a high end point and shoot digital camera!

from Missoula, MT

Comments about Casio - Exilim EX-Z1050 digital camera:

I got this camera as a birthday present. I was using a Fujifilm A500 before that, and although I got some great pics with it, I was ready for an upgrade. The Casio Exilim EX-Z1050 was a good choice. It is 10.1 megapixels, which allows for prints up to poster size, and it features a Best Shot option, which is ideal for users who don't want to tinker too much to get a good picture. At the same time, this camera still offers users the opportunity to make their own settings and utilize many advanced features. The zoom is average, but I like the fact that it shows you how far you can zoom before it will affect the quality of the image. The battery life is pretty good, and the shutter delay is excellent. It is also very slim and compact, it can actually fit in your pocket or a small purse, so it's very portable, which is imporant to those people who like to have their camera ready for any and all photo ops! I have been very pleased with this camera so far and I highly reccommend it.

HATE the battery!!!

from Minneapolis, MN

Casio camera

from San Leandro, CA

Comments about Casio - Exilim EX-Z1050 digital camera:

This is great digital camera for its price.  I do not know much about cameras, but I do look at prices and the way it looks to help me decide what to get.  When i bought this camera, I realized that it is very good, it is compact and can be brought anyone.  I understand this is a digital camera, but taking any type of video is not that great.  The videos take long to upload, and also it runs out of battery really quick.  After recording a video for about a minute, I started seeing my battery decrease so I had to stop taking any type of video.  The pictures that it takes are good, but I'm not picky because I am not expert on cameras.  I have not have any problems with it so far, I have brought it everywhere I go even to places out of the state or country and no damage has occur to it.  I also like how you get set different types of settings for resolution, brightness, etc to make it better for you to use.

A good camera for the price

from Onalaska, WI

Comments about Casio - Exilim EX-Z1050 digital camera:

I have purchased two cameras in this series. I loved them both. They are decently priced and have good features. I love that the battery stays charged for so long. They are wonderful. This camera currently resideds in our diaper bag because that goes with us whenever we are out and about and we want to be able to capture all those fun moments. It remains a good buy for us as it has held up well and takes good photos for a point and shoot.

I am a semi-pro photographer who normally uses a higher end DSLR and specialized lenses. While you can't expect a camera like this to keep up with my standard shooting method, you can't always have a good camera with you. I have take some of my favorite photos with this camera. You really can do a lot with this camera and manipulate the settings you are taking the photos with, you might just need to do a little research. Like with any new product you should really look through that pesky little owner's manual to see exactly how you would want to take given photos with different settings on the camera.

Overall this is a nice camera and I wouldn't hesitate to purchase one in the future if I break this one.

I mostly love my Casio Exilim digital camera!

from Columbia City, IN

Comments about Casio - Exilim EX-Z1050 digital camera:

I had an older version of this camera, and had accidently spilled nail polish remover in my purse while my camera was in there and needless to say, that camera was ruined. I was dissapointed, because that camera had never disapointed me. I found this version of the Casio Exilim and bought it, paying a little more than I wanted, but talked myself into it. It has been a pretty good camera but I just don't think the picture comes out very clear for being 10.1 mgpx. I also have a professional camera, so maybe it's just because I'm comparing the two, but I think the picture comes out blurry. I like the face option, where it auto detects the face(s) in the picture, I also like the auto flash, where the camera detects whether the flash is used or not. Overall, it has been a good camera but if I were to buy one again, I would probably go with another brand of camera just because I am looking for a camera with better quality pictures.

INSTANLY FELL IN LOVE!

from Long Beach, CA

Comments about Casio - Exilim EX-Z1050 digital camera:

how can i start with this. well i guess i have to thank my mom for buying it for me because she knows i love taking pictures specially when i go out with friends. i do go to concerts alot so i needed a high quality, inexpensive camera and what better than this, the zoom power in the Casio is the best! very clear pictures and the sound is incredible for concerts, it sounds amazing. if you go to a concert and u want to record the a certain song but you dint want to hear the people in the background then this is the best product for you, it focuses on the high sound and you get clear videos with a clear sound its like having a mini tv on your hands. i never leave the house without it and it is a very good size not too big and not too small its slim and you can carry it in your pocket, the camera also has a great battery life i can be using if for a whole day and the full battery if there it has a 20 hour lasting battery. this is just a great product i loved it