3.2
Cascade
Cascade with Dawn Dishwasher Powder

Cascade with Dawn Dishwasher Powder

3.2

Liked the old Cascade better but this one still works

There was nothing wrong with Cascade Dishwashing Powder the way it was, but companies think it's essential to come out with "new, improved" products. Enter Cascade Powder with the Cleaning Power of Dawn. I use this product every time I run my dishwasher. My dishes come out clean (though the machine itself and the hot water have a lot to do with it). I have no real complaints. Cascade Dishwashing Powder says the dishes will be clean and they are. I can't tell much difference between this product and the one it replaced.

However, sometimes I cannot buy the plain scent version of Cascade with the Cleaning Power of Dawn in my favorite supermarket. It seems the Cascade folks have come out with so many new products, including gel and action pack versions, and so many package sizes that there isn't enough shelf space for all of them. Many stores insist on stocking only the lemon scented version of Cascade Powder. I don't want my dishes or my kitchen to smell like lemons. I don't want them to smell like anything. I just want them to be clean.

This Cascade formula is NOT worth buying-

**Cascade **has always been a name I could trust in the dishwasher detergent aisle; that is until I tried new **Cascade with Dawn. **I don't know what they did to the formula, but it just doesn't "cut the mustard"**. **

On the surface this Cascade product looks terrific. The green box has a picture of two lemons on it [can't you just smell the lemony fresh scent in your dishwasher?] and tucks the DAWN logo into a swish of water. If that doesn't sell the product, the top of the box states, "Rinses away residue, leaves dishes sparkling".  Above the red lettered Cascade logo are the words, "Shine Shield Formula".

To add insult to injury, the Cascade website makes this claim: "Combine the outstanding cleaning of Cascade with the grease-fighting power of Dawn for clean dishes that are automatically clean every time. *It cleans so thoroughly virtually nothing is left behind but pure clean, pure shine*."

Talk about hype! Every time I have used Cascade with Dawn powder in my dishwasher, I get a film over some of the dishes. It is a light, white powder film that rubs off easy enough, but why should I have to rub? I even added more Jet-dri to the machine, but got the same results.

**Bottom Line:**

Disappointing product. I question whether my dishes are actually clean when they come out covered in a white powder film. I won't buy **Cascade with Dawn** again.

Good but needs updating

from Syracuse, New York

Comments about Cascade with Dawn Dishwasher Powder:

I like Cascade with Dawn Dishwasher Powder but I don't love it. Cascade has worked quite well for me in the past. Leaving my dishes and dishwasher clean in general. I just feel that Cascade dish washing powder lacks the ability to keep up with the newer technologies and innovations. Sometimes using it can be a real drag because it doesn't always get everything off the dishes and it has the annoying habit of leaving some of it's powder clumps stuck to the inside of the dishwasher. The product could definetely stand some upgrades such as being made into more convenient power packs or a finishing treatment added to it's base. The scent of cascade is tolerable but sometimes causes me to sneeze to much. There were also some warnings listed on the back about safety in regard to children. Although it's average cost is somewhat lower than some other dish washing powders, it's overall value - based on it's actual effectiveness makes it highly under desirable. It's definetely not my first choice.

Fresh sparkly dishes.

Comments about Cascade with Dawn Dishwasher Powder:

Overall it leaves the dishes clean and in sparkling condition. IT is definitely one of the better dish cleaners out there. The scent is pleasant. The packaging is nice. The dishes do not come out greasy out of the dish washer unlike many other dish cleaners this dish detergent will leave your dishes sparkling clean. Enjoyable to use and definitely not a pain to deal with. I have been using this dish detergent for a while now. It still remains to be my favorite because it leaves the dishes in sparkling condition. IT can improve by offering other scents. This particular scent is pretty basic. I like the lemon scent that they have. But then again too much artificial scent is not good for you health. So maybe sticking to the basics is the best. If you are looking to try a new dish detergent definitely give this one a try. It might become your favorite go to dish detergent.

Does the job

Comments about Cascade with Dawn Dishwasher Powder:

Cascade dishwasher powder is the go-to for our household. It does not have any magically properties, but it does get the job done for us. We like that you can regulated the amount of powder in each compartment and adjust as desired and/or needed. The DAWN component does not seem to add or take away anything from the regular Cascade dishwasher powder, in our opinion. We do not have problems with residues on our dishes as some have mentioned in their comments, unless we add too much dishwashing powder or if our dishes were very filmy to begin with due to food or grease residue. I usually do not have to pre-rinse my dishes at all before putting them in the dishwasher. Most of the time, they come out fine without it. The times when they do not, it is not likely due to the dishwashing powder, but rather to how stuck on the food was prior to putting the dishes in the dishwasher.

Not the best for sparkling dishes.

Comments about Cascade with Dawn Dishwasher Powder:

I am the type of person who prefers to wash the dishes by hand, but at time when I would have a dinner party at home, too many dishes can be overwhelming and I would need help. It is during those times when I use my dishwasher. I just don't think a dishwasher cleans as good as washing the dishes by hand. I have tried so many different dishwasher soaps, and I still haven't found a good one.
Cascade with Dawn Dishwasher Powder is one of the soaps I have used in my dishwasher. I will admit that it wasn't the worst, but I will also say that it was pretty bad. I will load the dishwasher with almost clean dishes, but when they come out the washer, they are not at all sparkling clean. The dishes would come out with much residue on them. I would actually have to wash the dishes again before using them or serving anything on them. I did not even use the entire package because it was just easier for me to wash the dishes by hand in the first place.

Smells great, but doesn't do the trick

Comments about Cascade with Dawn Dishwasher Powder:

I tried Dawn Cascade for my dishwasher and I was not satisfied with the outcome. My glasses were left streaky and it seemed to leave white spots on my dishes. I wouldn't recommend this if you have heavy dishes in the dishwasher all the time. I would was a lot of dishes at once in my dishwasher and it seemed to not clean them too good.

Something reliabel

Comments about Cascade with Dawn Dishwasher Powder:

You know the saying but using ole reliable, Well this product is my ole reliable where dish washing detergent is concerned. I buy the big box and it usually lasts about a month sometimes longer. It is a powder so you do not have to use as much as you would if you used a liquid. Sometimes you do get water spots on your dishes but I rarely see them. I rinse my dishes before putting them in the dish washer anyway so they are easy to clean. The product lasts a long time, easy to find in most grocery stores in the cleaning section and budget friendly. I noticed that even my dishes with stuck on stains get clean using this product. It is easy to use. I fill both the main cup and the side cup with the powdered detergent. I have never had to wash my dishes again after washing them or worry about the detergent scratching my good glasses. I have tried liquid detergent that was great too but it does not last as long as the powder does.

I have always liked cascade dishwasher detergent

Comments about Cascade with Dawn Dishwasher Powder:

I have always used cascade Dishwashing detergent. Then I tried the cascade with dawn and I love it because it cuts through the grease better even though I rinse my dishes first but I love the way they leave my dishes sparkling clean. I can't wait to try the cascade complete.

Impressive product

Comments about Cascade with Dawn Dishwasher Powder:

Okay, I was hesitant to use this product at first but anyways, gave it a try and did not regret it. It made a great impression and since then, I have been a Cascade user. I especially love how my dishes are all squeaky clean, shiny and leaves no smell. I would always use a combination of both liquid and powder and it makes magic every time. I do not have to worry about using as much kitchen wares and cleaning them after especially on special occasions because I know my washing machine and Cascade will do the work. These coming holidays are going to be worry-free, enjoyable and stress-free after occasion aftermath. :) Seriously, the mommas in the house are normally stressed out after holidays but it is really going to help a lot if we do not have to worry about the dishes. It is going to save us time and effort and instead use our valuable time with our family and friends. So for all the mommas out there (maybe daddies also), trying Cascade will be the best helper you can have on your busy days.

I expected more from Cascade with Dawn Dishwasher Powder.

from New Port Richey, FL

Comments about Cascade with Dawn Dishwasher Powder:

Cascade has always been one of the best dishwasher powders, and I used it all the time at my last house. Len and I eat out quite a bit, so tend to wash our few dishes by hand.

At our timeshare we have Cascade with Dawn Dishwasher Powder. I thought that was an interesting combination, as I find Dawn to be the best product for dishes, by hand.

It came up short for me. I still had to rinse off the plates etc. before switching on. I expected a lemon scent, which didn't materialize. It did an okay job, but not an outstanding job.

I personally would rather go for the regular cascade, which is reasonably prices, and better still, when it is on sale.

Cleans all but my plastic ware

from Eagle River, AK

Comments about Cascade with Dawn Dishwasher Powder:

For years I've been using Cascade dishwashing detergent, and the last box I purchased was Cascade with Dawn. I can't say I'm as crazy about the performance as I've been used to.

It comes in a 75 ounce box with a metal pour spout that is easy to use. It claims to have the "Grease fighting power of Dawn", is phosphate free and has a fresh scent. The scent reminds me of all other Cascade products I've used in the past.

Although our flatware, dinner plates and pots and pans have been coming out of the dishwasher clean, our plasticware items are not. They have, in fact, been coming out of the dishwasher with white spots on the plastic storage pieces, and these are difficult to remove. It is ruining my storage pieces and making them look very ugly.

One plus is that the scent works nicely in my dishwasher. Another brand smelled horrible and I could smell it coming from the vents in my washer, but Cascade is actually pretty nice.

I am overall disappointed in this version of Cascade and would not purchase it again, although I will still buy other versions of the product.