1.5
Cascade
Cascade Automatic Dishwasher Detergent, Pure Rinse Formula Powder, 45 oz

Cascade Automatic Dishwasher Detergent, Pure Rinse Formula Powder, 45 oz

1.5

Terrible! This Cascade powder leaves spots on my dishes!

from Layton, UT

Comments about Cascade Automatic Dishwasher Detergent, Pure Rinse Formula Powder, 45 oz:

This Cascade dishwasher detergent (formula powder) leaves spots and a white film all over my dishes, especially my glasses.  I've used the Cascade liquid detergent and it worked fine, it would leave no spots or white film.  I decided to buy the powder because it costs quite a bit less, but I won't do that again.  These spots are horrible.  The white film is ridiculous.  I have a dishwasher and now I feel like I need to wash all my dishes by hand.  I have been re-cleaning all my glasses, because they are by FAR the most dirty.  I had purchased this product many years ago and it did seem like the dishes weren't as clean as the liquid detergent would do.  But now its much worse.  I read in the news that it may be because Cascade changed their chemicals somehow (I'd like to say the amount of phosphorus), but they need to change it back!  No one will want to buy this product if it doesn't work.  I don't recommend this product at all.

Detergent didn't dissolve or get rid of hard water stains

from San Antonio, TX

I used Cascade automatic dishwasher detergent, pure rinse formula powder for quite awhile. What can I say? I'm a sucker for lemon scent and a super affordable price. But I was frequently frustrated because every time I opened my dishwasher to inspect a freshly washed load, there were undissolved detergent flakes and hard water spots on my dishes. I know I am pretty thick, but I did not realize there were dishwasher detergents out there that actually removed and prevented hard water stains. When I finally made a switch to something else, all my hard water woes went away. Before, we had been throwing away our clear glasses about once a year because they were so milky white from mineral deposits. So maybe my new detergent is a little more expensive, but I'm saving money on buying new glasses. So if you are looking for a dishwasher detergent that keeps dishes bright and sparkly and removes hard water spots, keep looking.