We bought this eleven years ago this to help freshen our carpets due to having two cats in the house. I wanted something to freshen them, or, if possible, neutralize the odors. I found this at the market and used it as directed in the living room. I made sure to vacuum it three times to get it all up after sprinkling it lightly around the room. I thought after I was done, wow, it really does help with odors. It had a slight fresh scent, sort of like when you pass the detergent aisle in the market, you will get a slight whiff of fragrance. But I wholeheartedly regret buying it and using it. I cannot prove that this is what killed my Shelby but my gut says it was the cause. Plus I found an article at my allergist's office that said to stay away from these types of carpet cleaners/powders as they irritate allergies further and cause respiratory problems or even infections. Apparently, no matter how well you vacuum it up, there are still some remnants left in the carpet and because cats are so low to the ground, they end up inhaling it. Shelby must have inhaled it too much and developed a respiratory infection from it. We took her to her regular vet and 2 ER vets and they all put her on breathing machines, etc. They could not do anything for her. She passed away 2 weeks later. We were totally devastated. I will never, ever, use another carpet powder again. My cats are like my kids and I will not use anything that could possibly harm them.
Sherman Oaks, CA