Other Lip Cares:
Carmex Ultra Smooth Pomegranate Lip Balm SPF 15

Carmex Ultra Smooth Pomegranate Lip Balm SPF 15

Mixed feelings on Carmex Pomegranate lip balm.

from Orange, VA

Comments about Carmex Ultra Smooth Pomegranate Lip Balm SPF 15:

OK, I admit I am a lip balm & lip gloss junkie. I have to try new ones. I purchased this one with high hopes since I have several other Carmex balms which I like very much, most notably the Lime Twist balm. Unfortunately, this will be a mixed review.

First, the good. It is very smooth, glides on almost weightlessly, and leaves a slight tingling sensation along with barely noticeable sheen. It has really good staying power, too. I love how it feels on, soothing, moist, light, not at all waxy or greasy. And, of course, the SPF 15 protection is great for outdoor use.

Now the bad. I find I have to concentrate on there being a flavor to even notice there is one as mentioned on the package, definitely not enough to detect 'sweet-tart'. Perhaps if the flavor were more pronounced it would balance the scent which I find really unpleasant. Maybe it's the camphor or lanolin content, but it's so strong & I can still smell it several minutes after application. I'm not even sure how to describe it but I know I will not be carrying this around in my pocket for fear that other people will smell it on me. I'll keep it in my nightstand to use at night because I really do feel it's an excellent moisturizer.

I guess this one is just subject to individual interpretations for both scent & flavor. I have to say that I read numerous other reviews that seem to be exact opposite on some points. Some say the flavor is noticeable & quite pleasant. Others say the scent is pleasant. Sometimes product batches will be different & maybe I just got one that leaned toward this scent because of the individual ingredient batches.

On the other hand, every review I read agrees the moisturizing properties are excellent. So if scent & flavor are not as important to you as the real purpose of a lip balm, I'd say buy it for the soothing, moisturizing properties.