3.3
DVD
Carmen Electra's Aerobic Striptease

Carmen Electra's Aerobic Striptease

3.3

carmen teaches me to strip-hello!

i am a huge fan of carmen electra anyway- then i heard about her new series of fitness videos in which she teaches you to strip in the safety and comfort of your own house, and i had to give it a try! i purchased some videos and recieved the rest as gifts, but i have seen them at the library, which may raise some eyebrows, but once you have seen them it is easy to understand why. these videos may sound scandalous- but they are not. they are done in a very fun and lighthearted way that makes it a blast to give something new a try without feeling totally intimidated or embarressed and in actuality, these offer a thourough and simplistic workout and you hardly notice that at all. carmen does a fantastic job of staying on pace, providing a solid workout, and making you laugh and get a little carefree about it, and i have had alot of fun giggling and trying to pretend i could actually ever do this in front of my husband! lol!  all in all if you want something fun and new to do to keep you on the fitness wagon, this is definitely one to try!

I stripped myself of this striptease DVD by selling it. Boring!

**Quick View:** This is more of an instructional video than a true workout one. It's decent if you have time to muddle through nearly an hour of repeating the same things over and over. I now strip with Jeff Costa. He's faster paced and more fun.

**Full View:** I bought – and sold - the entire set of Carmen Electra's Aerobic Striptease Videos - all five of them. I wasn't impressed.

**The Workout****Carmen Electra's Aerobic Striptease** is set in a dance studio with Carmen and a few other very in shape women doing the routines. It has the look and feel of a real dance lesson, as opposed to an aerobic workout. A warm up starts the over 53 minute workout and then it is on to learning the dance routine. There is cool feature on this DVD where you can pick from three different soundtracks when doing the actual routines. Carmen starts out slow, showing you very basic steps and making you repeat them over and over, adding another step to the ones learned, practicing them in combination and then adding yet more steps on, until you have a dance routine.

It's not easy. If you aren't a dancer or don't pick up dance steps easily, you could get easily frustrated with this workout. I am SO not a dancer but I do like dancy workouts. However, I found myself bored doing the same set of steps over and over until I finally could put a routine together. There are some flirty little moves that make the DVD fun, however. You lick your finger, slap your butt, and throw off your jacket (or hoodie or whatever you may have on) during the routines. You are reminded to look sultry. You run your fingers through your hair. You blow a kiss. It's cute but it isn't the aerobic workout I like. I like to dig in and get the thing done. I am the type of person who bores easily and is always crunched for time, so I found myself watching the clock rather than finding my inner stripper while doing this DVD.

**My Viewpoint** You don't get 30 minutes of fat burning, heart pumping aerobic benefit with this DVD. You do get segments where your heart rate goes up and you are in fat burning territory but you are brought down quickly by learning more steps and practicing those over and over again until you are ready to put everything together in another routine. I imagine, in the 53 minutes you are actually doing this workout, that you will get your heart rate up enough to burn fat 20 or so minutes. I don't have almost an hour to get just 20 minutes of work in and this just didn't capture my interest as I thought it would. ***2 stars***. No recommendation. Sorry, Carmen.

Great Introductory Video

from Hartford, CT

Comments about Carmen Electra's Aerobic Striptease:

I really like Carmen Electra and when I saw she had released a series of workout videos a few years ago I decided to give them a try.

While I wouldn't really consider this to be a workout video since you really don't break a sweat, this is certainly a fun video to follow along with to learn some new skills and get your body moving with light exercise.

The vast majority of this video is instructional so you can see how each and every step is done and then she puts them together into a single sequence. Since you spend so much time rehearsing when it comes to the sequence time it's quite nice to show off your new skills.

Carmen does a great job of showing each move and exactly how to incorporate it with the others. Her upbeat, positive attitude make it a fun experience.

This is a very beginner DVD so once you have done it a few times you've really outgrown it and need to move on to something else. It is a wonderful introductory video though.

If you're a newcomer to this sort of thing this is the perfect DVD for you.

No challenge! Boring! Wouldn't recommend it!

from Forest Lake, MN

Comments about Carmen Electra's Aerobic Striptease:

I was REALLY excited to get this dvd in the mail from Netflix! I thought for sure it would be something I would love! Afterall, who doesn't want to learn how to be sexier AND get a great workout in the process. I was sadly disappointed.

There were many reasons I didn't like this video and was glad that I didn't purchase it.

1. Carmen talks TOO MUCH!! I I know she has to explain the moves, but the intro is really too long winded.

2. Not challenging: I'm not coordinated in the least and I still got bored with these routines. By the end of the first time viewing, I felt like I was an expert. That's a good thing in a sense. But, the big problem is that I didn't feel like I was getting any kind of workout! You only really do the whole routine once or twice and it's about 20 seconds long each time!

3. No sweat value! If you are strictly using this as an instruction video to learn to stip, it might be good. But, if you were using it to try and get a workout, you'll be disappointed.

Overall, it was boring, not challenging and provided no workout value. I would not recommend this product!

Carmen Electra's strip for fitness gets it done, a pretty good w

from Kenosha, WI

Comments about Carmen Electra's Aerobic Striptease:

carmen's work outs are pretty good. a generous amount of cardio designed for those who need low impact. Not to mention what it does for your partner. I enjoy watching my wife work out, and the way it makes her look

Highs and lows...

from Yorktown Heights, NY

Comments about Carmen Electra's Aerobic Striptease:

I own the whole series and have for a while. I purchased the first DVD when looking for something new and was quite surprised at how much I liked it. The only problem was that once I got the routine down, it wasnt much of a workout and not very entertaining. It became boring and mundane.

I then picked up the second DVD in the series and it has become one of my favorite workouts. It is not a striptease, but an acutal workout with Carmens trainer.It is broken into a few parts, so I can either do the whole thing, or just the overall workout in the begining if Im in a rush. Plus you dont need anything to do the workout.

The rest of the DVDs are just dance routines that get old quickly and then arent much of a workout. They are just okay and really I didnt learn anything worthwhile. Carmen is cute and fun, but the dance DVDs are a miss.

If I had to make a recommendation I would say just pick up the second DVD to get a good workout that you will enjoy again and again.

carmen teaches me to strip-hello!

from Longmont, CO

Cheesy, though surprisingly fun

from Rome, GA

Comments about Carmen Electra's Aerobic Striptease:

I was like many other people who, I'm sure, see the title and think it will be cheesy.  Well, you're right.  It is. But....I gave it a shot and I was quite surprised that I really liked it and felt like I got a good workout.  I saw it "on demand" on our cable station and then rented the DVD so I could experience the whole workout. True, it took a few times to "get" the routine down since I am somewhat clumsy and uncoordinated, but the DVD is a little repetitive so you can learn.  I have recommended the workout to co-workers and would continue to do so.

Striptease your way to Sexy

from Round Lake, IL

Comments about Carmen Electra's Aerobic Striptease:

Well I bought the whole series of these striptease aerobics and I think this is a really good work out to do once in a while when you want to mix up your workout regimen and feel sexy. As I do them I do feel very sensual and sexy and when I am done I want to perform what I just learned for my special someone. It repeats the dance many times so you can get it for sure and memorize it and perform it effortlessly for your partner. For my personal taste it is not challenging enough to really make my body into a strippers body. It does work some muscles I did not know I had but not any major ones. It does not push me to that point where I'm pumped. But it does help me feel more confident when I look in the mirror because it does tone different parts of the body that are stubborn and it helped me to get rid of the cellulite. After I had my daughter I would only do these excersises with no diet and a couple of months later nobody believed that I had just had a baby.

Aerobic Striptease is Fun & Easy

from Denton, TX

Comments about Carmen Electra's Aerobic Striptease:

I love working out and do most of my work-outs from home so my husband bought be this DVD to keep me from getting bored with my exercising (and probably for his benefit too!).  Carmen Electra's Aerobic Striptease 1 is really easy to learn because she breaks the dancing into small parts and you learn just a little at a time.  At the end you put each small section together and repeat it several times.  This is great to help you learn but it doesn't really provide a very strenuous work-out.  It is hard to keep your heart rate up.  I really liked how you could choose your own music to dance to in the DVD--that was nice to be able to customize your striptease.  It also allows you to either do just a certain section of the striptease or the entire work-out.  Carmen Electra's Aerobic Striptease 1 is best for someone who just wants to add something fun to their exercise routine, someone who wants to add fun to the bedroom or someone who is just starting to work-out.

Carmen Electra's Aerobic Striptease 1 did nothing for me

from Hawthorne, NJ

Comments about Carmen Electra's Aerobic Striptease:

I was really excited when I bought the Carmen Electra Striptease video.  I thought I would have fun and get fit but that didn't really happen.  I did the video and felt like a fool and my body didn't change at all.  I tried it for 3 months and I had absolutely no results.  I don't really see how putting my finger in my mouth and wiggling my butt at the same time can be a good work out.  I felt a little sore the first day but the more times I did it the less it worked and it wasn't fun.  The first time I admit, was kind of fun.  I can't really do the same thing every day without getting bored of it.  I can only stick my finger in my mouth so many times before I start to feel foolish. I tried doing the work out with friends and they said the same thing.  I would not recommend this video to anyone I know.  You don't do much actual working out you pretty much stand there trying to do some sexy moves.

Fun routine for your husband to watch, but not a good workout

from Watertown, SD

Comments about Carmen Electra's Aerobic Striptease:

Overall, I would give this a rating of a 7/10. My downfall was that I went into the aspect of thinking this was going to be a great workout. I think I first tried this video when it was the "in" thing to do. With all the great reviews and such my expectations were too high. If you go into the workout knowing that it is not going to get you into a sweat and that you aren't going to feel that your muscles got a great workout then I think this would be the video for you to try. It is fun and your husband will be thrilled without your new workout, but just don't expect to get the best workout of your life. I first got "Carmen Electra's Aerobic Striptease 1" so that I could find a good routine that would be fun and get a good workout at the same time. Carmen Electra did a great job walking through the steps and it was very easy to pick up the moves, but I did not feel that I got a good workout at least not the one I was hoping for with respect to an "exercise video". However, I did find it fun and it is a good video to do on a day that I don't feel like working out but need something to do. This is the only DVD that I have of her's and I do not know what the other ones are like. With that being said, however, I would not buy another DVD of hers in respect to the striptease series. If she were to place a DVD on the market that was a cardio and/or muscle firming exercise routine, I would be willing to give that a try.