4.8

Cons

Fantastic and quick

from Deposit, NY

Comments about Capstar Flea Treatment for Dogs and Cats:

One of the best products on the market to kill fleas immediately! We had a terrible surge of fleas in our Village in 2007 and even using Frontline didn't seem to help The vet suggested that I also use a capstar pill This really helped kick the fleas out the door! Seeing my poor dogs constantly scratching until they were raw was heartbreaking I was so glad that the Capstar helped get rid of those terrible fleas. Neither of my dogs, one is 60 lbs the other 13lbs, had a reaction to either the Frontline or the capstar. Cost is always a factor and I must admit there are times that I have to skip a month but that is only during the winter when my dogs are not outside as much for me to worry about fleas. I would never skip in the warmer months when both of my dogs are outside with a much higher risk of flea infestation. I also like the Capstar because I can bath the dogs immediately compared to the topical applications

Comments about Capstar Flea Treatment for Dogs and Cats:

I wanted to try something besides shampoos and frontline on my dog and decided to go with Capstar. This was the best solution for my small dog, she is a dachshund and weighs about fifteen pounds. She has very bad skin allergies and I never liked having to use the shampoos for fleas and ticks on her. They seemed to irritate her skin even more, leaving it dry and itchy. The Frontline didn't seem to work as well as it had before. I love the Capstar, she likes the taste so there is no problem getting her to take it. It works great and seems to do what it is supposed to. I also love that it is not as expensive as most of these products are. I highly recommend this to anyone wanting a flea and tick treatment that you can give orally. I love how it works and will continue to use it.

Quality of Ingredients
The quality of the ingredients in Capstar seem to be high quality and works great on dogs and cats.

Side Effects
I had no problem with side effects when giving Capstar to my Dachshund, she loves the taste and it seemed to agree with her.

• Quality of Ingredients:

Excellent performance for emergencies

Comments about Capstar Flea Treatment for Dogs and Cats:

This product does exactly what it says it will, and fast. Within minutes of administering the pill the fleas begin to die and fall off. I have used it countless times when people have brought me sick pets to care for. In one instance a kitten was very near death due to a heavy flea infestation. I administered one half of a Capstar pill and within half an hour the kitten was flea free. (There are age restrictions on this medication, this kitten did not have a lot of choices and I needed to get the fleas off much quicker than I could have by bathing of flea combing.) With some iron supplements, b-12, and some tlc the kitten did live thanks to the quick work of the Capstar. I also frequently give Capstar to the stray cats that come to my porch to eat. During the summer they become near hairless and completely miserable if not treated, but I can't afford to keep them all on a monthly treatment. This is a nice affordable alternative. It isn't gong to replace treating the flea problem and isn't a lasting solution, but it definitely has its uses and works well along with a monthly flea preventative and proactively reducing the flea population in your area.

Quality of Ingredients
Works well and works quickly. I am not a scientist so I have no idea what is really in it, but I do know that it does its job.

Side Effects
I have never had an animal experience any side effects.

• Quality of Ingredients:
  • Side Effects:

This greatly helped eliminate my cats flea problem.

Comments about Capstar Flea Treatment for Dogs and Cats:

This was a quick, easy to administer, and effective flea medicine. It quickly killed all of the living fleas and helped make my cats flea problem much more manageable. However it must be used often or in combination with other flea remedies to be fully effective over a long period of time.

Quality of Ingredients
They kill the fleas within a couple of hours, however it is a one day prevention only. I would love to see the effects last longer, or a delayed release version of this pill. This also only kill fleas that have already hatched, so it's best used in combination with a good flea bath and spot on treatment.

Side Effects
Apparently fleas bite really hard just before dying. I can tell that my cat is irritated and uncomfortable for several hours afte taking the medication, however it's short-lived compared to the uncomfortable feeling of living with fleas. Also, finding dead fleas lying around can be very undesirable.

• Quality of Ingredients:

Excellent Treatment for Immediate Results

from Terre Haute, IN

Comments about Capstar Flea Treatment for Dogs and Cats:

This product works exactly as it describes. Within half an hour the fleas are falling off my pets. They're dead when they fall off too. So when the topical treatments have lost effectiveness, I've bridged the gap with Capstar. Very impressive.

Quality of Ingredients
As effective as it says it is.

Side Effects
Have never seen negative side effects in any of my pets.

• Quality of Ingredients: