Other Joint & Muscle Pain Medicines:
Capsasin
Capsasin Arthritis Cream

Capsasin Arthritis Cream

Works fast, but don't touch

from Tampa, FL

Comments about Capsasin Arthritis Cream:

Capzasin works by using the anti-inflammatory power of capsaicin, which is derived from hot peppers. It's packaged with a hands-free applicator, which is a must because did I mention the active ingredient is derived from hot peppers? You really don't want to get this ointment on your hands if you can avoid it. Capsaicin works quickly and effectively at reducing muscle pain, but woe betide you if you should touch the ointment and then touch a mucus membrane. Ouch does even begin to cover it. It also tends to redden the site of application when you take a shower later (bath not recommended if you have this on your body). And it smells like tabasco. There are times when it's better than other options though. I always keep a tube around.

Capsasin cream

Comments about Capsasin Arthritis Cream:

Be careful, use with caution! With that said this capsasin cream really works for arthritis pain and deep muscle aches. I say use with caution because this stuff has the worst burning sensation ever which is intensified even more if you glop it on. I use just a tiny amount and massage it in and even though it feels like it is burning my skin off my pain is magically gone. It starts as somewhat cooling or icy and then the heat starts up. It is this combo I believe that really helps with the pain. I have arthritis issues in my neck and upper back and this stuff seems to help on the bad days. I do not recommend showering too close to applying, the water seems to make it hotter. I also suggest using throw away gloves when you apply this, if you don't have any make sure you wash your hands a ton of times to get it all off, and still avoid touching your eyes. The smell is not the best but it works so I deal with it.

Had high hopes for the pepper ingredient!

from Trenton, NJ

Comments about Capsasin Arthritis Cream:

This product claims to have a "pepper" derivative in it that is supposed to alleviate pain better than the typical pain relieving ointment. We always try to check out the different products that make claims like this to see if they are true to their claims. We used this product and I have to say, it really didn't seem any different. It does work, but not better or worse than anything else. It is a brand name, which means it will cost more. We have not found a brand name product that we would choose over any other at this point in time, so this one is just another product that falls into the category of "possible options". We don't love it and we don't hate it. It is not a first choice for us, but in a pinch we would use it. It does come in a tube, which we like, because application is easier that way. The creme is fairly thick and it does take some rubbing to work it into the skin. Overall, it's an "ok" and probably a good fit for some, but nothing to write home about for us.

Works well for numbing the pain

Comments about Capsasin Arthritis Cream:

I've suffered from back and joint pain for years due to inflammation, likely from arthritis. Sometimes over the counter non-steroidal anti-inflammatories or Tylenol aren't enough to get rid of the pain. Sometimes you need a topical agent to put directly on the pain to get rid of it. Capsasin Arthritis cream works quite well for relieving pain due to inflammation. Capsasin Arthritis cream spreads easily, a little bit goes a long way. It doesn't feel like anything when you put it on, but within minutes it feels tingly. I can't say for certain that the cream takes away the pain, but it certainly dulls the pain by way of numbing. The feeling is sort of like heat and tingly. The area is overcome with a new sensation, and usually I cannot feel the original pain. The cream lasts several hours. Hot water, such as with a shower, does intensify the feeling left by the cream. If you have sensitive skin, I would not recommend using this as it can be difficult to completely wash off and the hot, tingly feeling can last a while.

Helps my feet to feel better!

from Eastlake, OH

Comments about Capsasin Arthritis Cream:

Over twenty years of working on my feet have caused my lower legs and feet to constantly ache. No matter what type of shoes I buy or inserts I purchase, I feel the weight of the world on my feet by the end of the day. My stomach easily upsets when I take too many ibuprofen tablets and I was looking for an analgesic cream to help relieve my pain. I had a coupon for Capsasin and decided to give it a try. Instantly I felt a warmth in the area where I had applied it. My big toe is a particular sore spot for me. I put it on the top of my toe and it kept my toe feeling loose and relaxed. My left heel is prone to soreness after I wear certain shoes. I applied a generous amount to my heels and was able to wear my heels throughout the door without any pain. Typically I feel the relief lasts about four hours. I feel comfortable reapplying the cream about two times a day. The odor is strong but not nearly as noticeable as other analgesic creams.

My pain decreased with Capsasin Arthritis cream

from Puyallup, WA

Comments about Capsasin Arthritis Cream:

Ive had arthritis pain for 2 years and just tried Capsasin Arthritis Cream and have had a pretty good decrease in my pain. Its easy to use sparingly with the special sponge like applicator attached to the tube so it really lasts a long time. The only warning I have is that you shouldnt touch your mouth or eyes for several hours after having the cream on your hand. It can really burn.