Other Credit Cards:

Capital One - Visa Card

Pros

Cons

• Available Rates:

Don't leave home without it.

I don't know what I would do without my Capitol One Visa credit card. It has kept me out of a few jams. I am not charged a annual fee for this one. The interest rate could be a little lower, (probably would if I would call) but it is still a life saver at times. When I call them with a problem they are always there to help me and resolve the problem. Are always courteous and nice. Have in the past removed late charges for one reason or another. I can get cash if I need it. It is a good card to have, and I DONT leave home without it.

Capital One's Customer service is no help!

When calling Capital One's 24hour hot-line i waited over a half hour to finally talk to someone that couldn't even help me. Instead of sending me to someone that could help me they finally hung up on me. Getting the card canceled was another long phone call with more hassle and rude people on the other line. I only give them one star because frankly you can not not put a star in. When making a cash withdraw you pay a lot more back to them then what you took out and it is not fully paid back till the card is repaid off completly. And don't get me started on the web site. Their site is constantly down for some kind of work they are trying to provide a better site but every time i finally get back on to their web site nothing looks better. I have accumulated a lot of late bill payments just from that. Which cost you over a lag and arm to pay that off. People please watch the fine prints on credit cards they are no joke and don't give your teen one even if it's for emergency only, you'll pay big time just for not using the card.

It was in my wallet...its not anymore.

Profile Image

from Florida

Comments about Capital One - Visa Card:

The Capital One commercials have been drilled into our brains for what seems like forever now. That's probably what drove me to choose to open an account with them..

I went ahead and opened an account and started using my Capital One visa card, albeit not too incredibly often. The card itself didn't have too many issues, the interest rates were okay. They weren't fantastic but they were okay.

The main reason I closed my account and paid off anything that was outstanding was because of the horrible horrible customer service that they have.

I have had several occurances that I had to call them and they are not very helpful at all. Or if you finally find someone that is helpful you can never get them back.

Customer Service
I was not pleased with the customer service reps ninety nine percent of the time, there were rate occurances where I got someone that was actually a little helpful.

Good credit card

from Phoenix,Az

Comments about Capital One - Visa Card:

I would have to say that I am satisfied with having a Capital One Visa Card. I haven't had any problems with it. I use it quite often and it can be quite useful. I do like to so some online shopping and also use my credit card at restaurants and stores. It is very easy to use it,almost too easy. I try not to use credit cards for things that I need and use them more for things that i want, but sometimes I do need to use them for other things. I have poor to fair credit and Capital One is helping me to improve my credit score and ratings, so that is a very good thing.

Customer Service
The customer service for Capital One is excellent! I haven't had to use it that much, but when I did, they were very helpful and friendly. I appreciate it so much when the customer service representatives are courteous too.

Available Rates
I think that their rates are probably average and because our credit is not the greatest they are giving us an opportunity to get a better rate in the future.

charge too much interest

from MA

Comments about Capital One - Visa Card:

I am a person who always pays my bills on time and has an excellent credit rating all my life . I was a Capital one credit card customer for many , many years . A few years ago , my interest rate almost doubled for no apparent reason - no late payments , no lapse in the account , nothing . Thinking this must be a mistake , I contacted Capital One .

Essentially what I was told was that because I paid my bills on time and never had a huge balance , they were raising my rates - to offset people who never paid them ! I was horrified and their attitude was just terrible . She told me it was perfectly legal that they could raise their rates at that time - perhaps the card was up for renewal , I do not recall . All I know was that I told her I did not want to do business with a company like them and they did not care . Actually , she told me it would be held against my credit score if I cancelled and tried to hold me hostage into accepting the higher . No thanks was my reply - I could and did do better elsewhere . Terrible customer service and no regard for loyal customers.

What a great card

from St. Louis, MO

Comments about Capital One - Visa Card:

I love this card! I was using Bankamericard's 1-2-3 card until their poor customer service sent me in search of another card. Capital One was offering 1.5% cash back. I love it when someone pays me to use their card. And they offered me 0% financing for 1 year so that made me happy too. And they let me put my own pics on my card. I put my dog's pic on one and my own pic on the other. Then came the true test. I misplaced my card, unfortunately not an uncommon thing with me. The same thing that happened with Bankamericard. Only the exact opposite happened with Capital One's customer service. When I called they were so nice! Telling me anyone can do that. And telling me that they'd get my new card out the next day via Fed Ex and have it right away. And I did! How awesome is that? Waited 10 days for my Bankamericard. :P Love Capital One.

Customer Service
Wonderful customer service. I've called a few times and they are always very nice and take care of my problem. No argument, no dragging their feet, no hesitation, just happily getting it done!

I've got 0% for 1 year.

Very unforgiving terrible experience

Comments about Capital One - Visa Card:

In the beginning, I loved my Capital One Visa card, but after I lost my job, I wasn't able to take on the payments. I tried to explain my situation to Capital One, but they were not interested within my hardship. Even though the amount was less than one hundred dollars, the late fees started stacking up to the point where it doubled my amount due. I got another job and was finally able to pay off my bill. It took nearly three months to pay it off. The funniest thing about this situation is that I received a letter in the mail requesting that I sign up for credit again with Capital One. I laughed for a good thirty seconds before I tore up the letter. I wouldn't dare apply for another Capital One Visa Card. Even though they have updated their policy after so many complaints, it still doesn't make a difference and I will never be a customer again. Customer service was very rude and heartless. I understand that they are trying to get their money owed, but there is a way to go about it professionally.

Good card

from Greer, SC

Comments about Capital One - Visa Card:

I had this card in the past. There was nothing wrong with the card or the company just that after my husband and I got married we didn't need a ton of credit cards floating around the house. The interest rate was pretty high on this card, but my parents trained me well to pay the balance off every month so that wasn't really an issue for me. Since this card is a Visa card it is accepted virtually everywhere. That is awesome and one of the things I loved about this card. I could use it on anything and everywhere. The customer service department I dealt with for closing the account was very nice. They of course tried to get me to keep the account open, but politely closed it when I asked them to. Overall I would recommend this card to someone looking for a credit card. Pay your bill off every month and you'll be good to go. Accepted everywhere, polite customer service. Enjoyed my time with Capital One and besides...What's in your wallet?

• Available Rates:

This is what is in my wallet

Comments about Capital One - Visa Card:

I guess if I needed to give this company an overall rating on the ease of use and the overall quality of the company in general then I would give it a perfect 10. The rates are the top of the pile when it comes to comparing them with other credit card companies. Add to that I have never had an issue understanding my bill i have never had a complaint about customer service and they seem to genuinely care about me and what my needs are. When you take all of that into consideration this credit card company is a win all around.

Customer Service
Every time I have had an issue help seems to be a simple phone call away. The people that answer those phones are knowledgeable and caring and seem to want to help me. They listen to what my problems and concerns are and give me the advice I need to pay my bill or to benefit from their company.

Available Rates
The rates that I have been receiving are easily the best that I have ever had with any credit card company to date.

Good Basic Card

from Hartford, CT

Comments about Capital One - Visa Card:

I've had a Capital One card for several years. I've had mixed experiences with it.

It's very easy to use since it's a VISA card which means you can use it virtually everywhere.

I've never experienced any problems with customer service. I've called a few times for various issues and everyone has always been very friendly.

I lost my card once and it was cancelled immediately and replaced quickly and effortlessly. The whole process took about five minutes of time on the phone with customer service.

The only thing I don't like is the interest rate. They seem to have higher rates than other credit card companies, but it's not a huge issue as long as you don't carry a balance.

I've reserved car rentals and hotels with this card and have never had an issue. Everything has worked flawlessly. They do put a hold on your credit equal to the hotel room price like they always do and after my stay it was replaced with the actual cost within a day or two.

Everything has gone very smoothly with the card ever since I've had it and I would definitely recommend it, despite the interest rate.

• Available Rates:

Just canceled mine today!

from Liberty, KY

Comments about Capital One - Visa Card:

While I appreciate their due diligence letting me know about fraudulent activity on my card over the weekend, this is the second time this has happened to a family member with a Capital One card. Something is drastically wrong with something in their system if so many card numbers are getting stolen or used fraudulently. My card has always been in my personal possession and used only one time in the past six years. I have NO idea how someone got the number.

Customer Service
Very nice, very thorough BUT they didn't realize that I had two accounts with them. It was after a call from them that I got to thinking and called them back and ASKED them if there were any other accounts in my name since the account they had just checked on was in perfect condition. Once they found the second account, that's when the fraud issue came up. Problem was resolved within the time frame of a 40 minute phone call going through three different customer service agents in three distinct departments. But they handled it professionally and I was not charged nor do I owe any money.

Available Rates
Just average rates compared to some of my other credit cards. But I can live with that since when I got one of their cards, it had a special offer attached to it that basically gave me a free $50 credit for doing almost nothing. Win, win!

Capital One- Visa Card

from Saint Petersburg Fl

Comments about Capital One - Visa Card:

I've had many credit cards over the years but i can't go wrong with Visa and capital One. This is one of the very few banks I actually like. Years ago when I had credit issues due to personal issues, it was Capital One that listened and understood and gave me a card when no other bank would. So yes, I think of them in a special way. Where on the planet can't you use Visa? You can use it anywhere and the truth is, I'm going to dump a few of my other cards because Capital One treats me better than Chase or Citi.

Customer Service
I think Capital One's customer service is second to none. I always get treated as a valued customer and it really is refreshing to hear someone that actually seems to like their job for a change.

Available Rates
This isn't 1989 anymore. The rates have gone up with all of the banks and there are a lot more fees which years ago, there weren't. I don't want to do business with a bank when they charge me to use my money. Capital One is the best choice for me and I would recommend them in a heartbeat.