Other Credit Cards:

Capital One - No Hassle Cash Platinum Visa Card

Pros

Cons

What's in Your Wallet"

Recently I was promised a credit line with Capitol One for a medical loan for a necessity when I applied they told me the interest rates for that specific loan was 4.99% but for my surprise when they qualified me they charging a 16% contrary what they had promised. Because I already had start the treatment and didn't had any alternative than take it but I am making all the efforts to get another loan to pay if off. Please do not get cut on a situation like my self they will take advantage of it! Make sure that what you are carrying in your wallet is not Capitol One

Capital One is No Longer in My Wallet

Capital One is a well- known credit card issuer that was founded in 1995 and has grown exponentially since then. It specializes in extending credit card offers to people with poor or damaged credit, allowing consumers with low credit scores a way to obtain a credit card and rebuild their credit record.

**Credit Card Commentary:**

Capital One is a marketing- driven business and even though it spends most of its advertising dollars targeting individuals with below- average credit ratings, it still targets others, too, and that's why I have received so many offers from this company to sign up for the Visa card. My credit record is very good, so I don't fit the characteristics of the typical Capital One prospect. Still, I received numerous offers from this company and I finally agreed to accept a card that included a balance transfer offer. Interest rates on Capital One usually include a "teaser" rate at the beginning, which then shoots skyward after the initial introductory period has expired, which is commonplace for credit card companies nowadays. If you are not timely with your payments, and you miss your billing due date for two months in a row, the rate will also increase instantly. When I accepted my offer, I was given an introductory rate of 0% on all purchases for six months, and 4.9% on balance transfers for six months. At the end of this introductory period, the rate was scheduled to increase to 19.8%. And if two payments are missed in a row, the rate climbs to Capital One's "default rate", which is determined quarterly by adding 16.4% to the prime rate (ouch!). This rate can easily be anywhere from 21% to 25%. Since Capital One specializes in credit cards for risky individuals, the company has to have some way to cushion the additional risk that it incurs. Capital One accomplishes this through its fees. The minimum finance charge is 50 cents; the cash advance fee is equal to a percentage (3 or 4) of the borrowed amount; there is a late payment fee; and there is an over the credit limit fee. If Capital One has to return a bad check to you, they will charge a fee for that, too.  Besides the high fees, Capital One is annoying in many other ways. The aggressive marketing department at Capital One keeps pushing and pushing until they get you to accept an offer. I cannot count how many times I received an offer from this company in the mail to sign up for a credit card or the number of phone call solicitations to accept a new Visa card. I get stacks of mail from credit card companies on a regular basis, but none of them can top Capital One. I get more junk mail from this company than any other. Even today, several months after closing my account, I still get offers begging me to come back.

Capital One also needs to improve its customer service. The company has grown very quickly in the past several years and because of this, it has been unable to keep up and has had a difficult training its staff at a fast pace. These are common growing pains associated with companies that are expanding quickly. The weakness of the service, in fact, caused me to end my relationship with Capital One in only a few months.   **Bottom Line:**

Capital One is a company I will not likely use again. It only takes one bad experience to turn me off from a credit card company. I can tolerate the fact that they feel the need to charge over the limit fees, late fees, etc. But I can't tolerate the weak customer service, high interest rates, and other issues. With so many other credit card companies to work with, why should anyone accept this low level of service? Do yourself a favor and pick someplace else.

It was a good card

from Westchester, IL

Comments about Capital One - No Hassle Cash Platinum Visa Card:

After establishing a credit history with Capital One for over 3 years I was upgraded to a No Hassle Cash Platinum Visa Card. I had the same interest rates and annual fee, but I received 1% back on all purchases. There was also discounts for shopping at certain stores and I received an annual cash back bonus each year. I used this card for all of my purchases the first year and was able to get $150 back in points. This made having an annual fee not matter too much because I would just deduct it from my rewards. I really enjoyed this card for the 2 years I had it. One day I received a email stating that my rewards card was being upgraded. It was practically the same card, but I was losing my annual bonus and there was no more discounts. I tried to keep my current card, but they said it was no longer going to be carried by Capital One. I would definitely recommend this card or something similar from Capital One.

Proof in the card!

from chicago Illinois

Comments about Capital One - No Hassle Cash Platinum Visa Card:

So, I have never really been a huge fan of Capitol One, anything. Not the banks, the auto loans, credit cards, nothing. The interest rates on everything they have is just way to expensive for me. This card is the exception. There is nothing to this card. I have complete control over when my due date is, my rewards, my interest rate, everything. I love that I can shop, shop, shop and get rewarded for it., good rewards too.

Customer Service
I am sorry, I do not like dealing with Capitol One's customer service people because half the time I can barely understand half of what is being said, until after I have agreed to something. The rest of the time, they are strongly promoting something I should get, that I probably don't need. On other occasions, I have to deal with at least 3 customer service people before my issue is actually solved.

Available Rates
The rates on this card is great, 0 percent interest. I love that, because it is actually unheard of from them, as their interest rates are usually through the roof!

Not for me

from Wesley Chapel, FL

Comments about Capital One - No Hassle Cash Platinum Visa Card:

Capital One was my first credit card that I ever had out of college. I applied because my mother told me I needed to start establishing credit and Capital One was the popular choice at that time. I got this card with a lower credit limit, but a huge interest rate. I know I didn't have any credit, but the interest rate was ridiculous. I felt like Capital One does this to their customers just to make more money and rip off the customer.
I started receiving calls from Capital One asking me to enroll in the insurance protection. They would not stop calling, even when I told them I was not interested.
I closed this credit card shortly after realizing what Capital One was all about, and I would not recommend getting this card.

Customer Service
The customer service is horrible and it takes forever to even get a representative on the phone. They are not helpful and just try to charge you more money.

Available Rates
The rates are way too high.

• Available Rates:

Own a Capital One No Hassle Cash Visa Card.

from Muskegon, MI

Comments about Capital One - No Hassle Cash Platinum Visa Card:

I can happily say that I am an owner of a Capital One -Hassle Cash Platinum Visa Card. Since I became a Capital One Card owner, I have been pleased with the service that have been provided to me. It gives six month reviews to allow you to obtain a credit limit increase if you are current with your payments. It rewards you with points for purchases from groceries, gas or just general merchandise. I have had the opportunity to upgrade my card to a different design. Also, if there are any attempt of fraud on my account I am notified, immediately. This happened recently and I was notified right away and given the opportunity to receive a different card and change my password. Because of this incident and the other benefits this card offers, I know that this is a great credit card to have. If anyone I know is interesting in obtaining feedback about a good credit card, Capital One -No Hassle Cash Platinum Visa Card would be my recommendation. It's good to have in your wallet.

Customer Service
Whenever I have contacted Customer Service, I received an excellent response.

Available Rates
The rates are basically the same as most credit cards.

• Available Rates:

Capital One Visa Card is my favorite credit card.

from Pennsylvania

Comments about Capital One - No Hassle Cash Platinum Visa Card:

I have been a Capital One Credit Card holder for 15 years. This credit card is awesome. I earn 1.5% on everything I purchase. There is not cap or limit to what I can earn. I use this card pretty much for everything I buy. I still budget and do not go over what I know I can afford to pay off every month. When you put everything like groceries, gas, clothing, bills, etc. on the credit cards, points add up fast! I earn five to eight hundred dollars every year from Capital One. I love that you can get cash as your reward. I highly recommend this credit card.

Customer Service
Being a customer of Capital One for so many years has allowed me to deal with customer service many times. They have always been willing to go above and beyond what I would normally expect from a credit card company. Capital One has some of the best customer service representatives in the credit card business.

Available Rates
As with any credit card company, your personal credit history is going to influence the credit rate offers you receive. If you use credit responsibly, most credit card companies are willing to work with you on rates to keep you as a customer.

Great Peice of Plastic

from Pittsburgh, PA

Comments about Capital One - No Hassle Cash Platinum Visa Card:

This was a great credit card to get alowing even those hwo dont have the best credit be able to obtain one for emergency use. Rates are fare and the fees beat most other companies who will really rip you off. They also offer a nice incentive program on some of the other card programs.

What's in Your Wallet"

from Chelsea, MA

No Hassle We Will Get Your Money Out of Your Wallet

from Chelsea, MA

Comments about Capital One - No Hassle Cash Platinum Visa Card:

Capitol One is the biggest rip-off creditor, they will rip you off and making TV announcing "What you got in your Wallet" do not get cut with one of their cards they are the highest interest rates credit cards in the country. What out for their deceiving techniques to get your money

A little Shady for me

from Cheyenne, WY

Comments about Capital One - No Hassle Cash Platinum Visa Card:

The fees that come along with this card are absolutely rediculous!  Also, when the fees put you over your limit, you pay your bill thinking you will be fine, only to find you get charged a month later for an over the limit fee.  A little sneaky if you ask me.

hard to get

from Oklahoma City, OK

Comments about Capital One - No Hassle Cash Platinum Visa Card:

I think it should be just a little easer to get a visa credit card. If you don't have perfect credit you can forget it. With everything going on these days it is hard to keep perfect credit. They should really give us a break. Just because our credit is not the best doesn't mean we don't deserve a second chance without having to dish out money to get it. I think something should be done about this. The only way we can rebuild our credit is if we can get someone to give us credit. It's a lose lose situation.