View more inkjet printers

Canon iP2600 Photo InkJet Printer

Canon iP2600 Photo InkJet Printer

3.9

Very nice print quality.

We just got this Canon Pixma i2600 printer. I like that you can set it up for quiet mode so it is not loud to print. I do a bunch of my printing when everyone else in the house is asleep since this is my time to myself. I do not remember printing as many pages as the cartriges say you can. The ink ran out in a month or less I think. I was printing quite often. You can get ink refill kits for this printer so that you can save money on the ink.  I like most of the options it gives you to set up and change the settings of the printer. I also like that it is a smaller printer than many I see out now. I know this is not a ALL in ONE, but unless you are scanning or faxing ALL the time I dont know why you need to pay extra for things you do not need. You also can set the frying time for prints. This means that it will pause for a second or two before it prints the next. This helps to not smear pages. I have not yet tried to print pictures on it, but from other reviews I have seen it is a really decent picture printer as well.  The ink costs about the same as other printer models, but as I said before the cartridges are refillable so if you do this yourself you can save money and not use as many cartridges that end up in the dump.

A waste of money

I recently traded in my Dell brand computer to buy a newer and more efficient computer. I found the Canon Ip2600 for a very reasonably price, plus it included picture printing paper and the black and colored ink catridges. My sole purpose of buying a new computer was that i wanted the ability to be able to print my own digital pictures. It was very easy to install and set up. My first problem was that it did not include the cable that goes from the computer to the printer. Thankfully i had one from my previous computer because this particular cable would have cost almost as much as the computer did. Once it was set up we began using it right away. Any of the promises it had on the box did not live up to it. Immediately we tried printing our own pictures and found that they were considerably blurry. At first we thought that maybe it was just the pictures so we than tried to print some documents online and found that the problem existed there too. It was smudge and just altogether blurry. We tried printing several items and found that it was just the printer. Not only did it not offer clear printing, the ink catridges that came with it ran out after very limited use. When we went to inquire about purchasing new ones we were once again disappointed to find that it was actually cheaper to just buy a new computer than the ink catridges. On top of all this we had thrown out the box and the store would not accept it as a return. This product was a waste of money. Dont be fooled. The price may look appeasing but i promise that all you will find is disappointment and that it requires more money than spent on the actual product.

Canon Pixma iP2600 -- A Great Printer for the Price

from San Diego, CA

Comments about Canon iP2600 Photo InkJet Printer:

I bought my Canon Pixma iP2600 Inkjet printer to replace a Lexmark that never worked right. I was so disappointed with my other printer that anything would be good. Needless to say, the only thing I was looking for was an inexpensive printer that worked when I needed it. This printer surpassed my expectations and then some. The fact that the Canon went easy on my ink supply was an added bonus.
Aside from the ease of setting up the printer and the fact that it is easier on ink than my old Lexmark, it is also much smaller. I have a lot of space concerns in my small house so I definitely needed something that wasn't bulky. It is a nice little printer for the price. A big con for me, though, is that it is not an all-in-one. It prints photos and documents but doesn't fax, copy, or scan but, until I find an all-in-one printer that is decently priced and works great, I will have to do without.

PERFECT FOR NOT ONLY PHOTOS BUT DOCUMENTS TOO

from Somerdale, NJ

Comments about Canon iP2600 Photo InkJet Printer:

I bought this to replace my lexmark that conked out on me nearly 2 years ago & this Cannon photo printer is still going strong. Very inexpensive, but works like it cost a ton! The quality of photos, documents, print-outs, etc..., is professional looking. It only has 2 button, Power and Resume, which make it so uncomplicated to use and easy to fix any jam ups. It has so many different options for usage via the software that comes with it, so that could be a bit overwhelming, but once you learn what each characteristic does, it's a piece of cake. I have learned how to use the least amount of ink per print and how to reuse even after it states the ink cartridge is empty. There seem to be all kinds of nifty tricks with this one that my Lexmark did not have. Anyway, love the printer, it's sleek, black and very compact. It fits perfectly under my desk and I forgot to mention you can even control what time the printer can be noisy, so to speak, which I've used a few times, but realy don't have a need for it. Anyway, definitely recommend this one.

A good bargain

from Lexington, KY

Comments about Canon iP2600 Photo InkJet Printer:

I purchased my canon printer at walmart and got it for 30 bucks!! It was an emergency and i needed a printer asap and was low on cash. However it works great and the replacement ink is very reasonabvle. I have also used it to print out photos and its ok for that too. The color is black which makes it attractive as far as electronic go. Everything I needed to print was in the box!! It doe slack on software but thats ok , it was worth the money as i needed to type up some court papers and really didint want ot spend alot of time shopping. I had a cannon printer years ago and was very satisfied with it, I can say that I htink cannon i sprobably cheaper than any others when it comes to replacemnt ink--great deal!!!!

Canon IP2600: Not Great, Not Bad...

from Aiken, SC

Comments about Canon iP2600 Photo InkJet Printer:

An advantage to the Canon IP2600 is it's affordable price. It performs quite well and is a decent size if your looking for something to conserve desk space. The only drawbacks I can think of are: the fact that it is extremely sensitive to refilled cartridges or cartridges other than the Canon brand and it doesn't have a scanner. If your looking for a lower cost on ink then this is probably not the printer for you as you will be forced to use only Canon cartridges. Of course this rule applies to most printers on the market; they usually only accept ink for the brand which makes the printer itself. When buying a printer I feel that the most important factor is how much you will have to spend on ink. Therefore, I would look elsewhere. If your not concerned about that and just want a sufficient printer at a low cost then the Canon IP2600 is for you!

The Canon Pixma ip2600 is the best bang for my buck!

from Medicine Bow, WY

Comments about Canon iP2600 Photo InkJet Printer:

The Canon ip2600 printer is a good buy.  It may not be the best or fanciest printer out there but for my personal printing needs and the size of my personal budget, this printer really impressed me. There are many cheap printers out there that practically break within the first 50 pages that are printed.  I needed a printer that could handle my output but also didn't have the unnecessary and irritating bells and whistles that fancier printers seem to think we need. It is not the best option for printing photos perhaps but my family has quite a few printing needs and photos aren't at the top of our list. We do a lot of printing for school papers, Boy Scout flyers, and other miscellaneous flyers that we distribute in our community. An additional and important bonus that I took into consideration when purchasing this printer was the cost of replacement ink. This is an important feature to consider when purchasing a printer because often the price of the replacement ink is more expensive than the printer itself.  Canon is a good name brand and this printer is the best one I could find at such a reasonable price.

The cannon 2600 printer is very affordable

from Covington, GA

Comments about Canon iP2600 Photo InkJet Printer:

The cannon 2600 printer that I purchased works good for printing documents and coupons, but it does not print photos with a very good quality and uses too much ink to print photos. Its best to go get pics. developed at a photo center. It is a good printer if you just want to do basic printing. The ink is very expensive .

You get what you pay for with the Pixma iP2600

from Lexington, NC

Comments about Canon iP2600 Photo InkJet Printer:

I was excited to get a printer. When I seen the price of this printerI thought I was in coupon heaven!

The printer worked great for awhile. The ink lasted quite awhile but eventually it was time to change the cartridges. With school coming up it was important the kids in the house could print their reports and projects.Not a problem I picked up some ink on amazon and couldn't wait to get back to printing.

I changed the ink without a problem, then the printer went haywire. No matter what I do it shows low ink all the time. If the ink message goes away then the paper will not roll at all or jam if does feed through the printer.

Nothing in the manual helps at all. I've tried everything it lists without any signs of it helping. I've gone to the printer controls, allign the heads, cleaned the nozzles, everything listed there and still won't run right. I'm not sure what exactly happened, but I'm really disappointed that I've had this printer less than a year and now it's is practically dead.

If you aren't going to do a lot of printing this printer might work for you, but if you are an everyday, coupon crazy person the printer might suddenly die on you. Please consider your options carefully,sometimes it's better to just spend a little extra on something you know will last.

simply the best on the market

from Visalia, CA

Comments about Canon iP2600 Photo InkJet Printer:

canon has done it again with this printing system as it has the best color sharpness of any of the printers out there infact it would out perform most of the more newer models that other major brands are trying to sell to the uninformed customers out there so if your wanting the best and dont settle for any of the rest by only canon brand printers especially the canon pixma line

The Canon Pixma is a great printer at a great price.

from Denver, CO

Comments about Canon iP2600 Photo InkJet Printer:

We have owned our Canon Pixma for about a year and a half.  We have never had any problems with it.  We don't do a lot of printing, trying to limit what we print because of the high cost of ink cartridges.  Nonetheless, I have printed recipes, coupons, and greeting cards on it and have always been very happy with the quality.  Colors are crisp and clear, and the greeting cards I've printed looked as nice as ones in the store.  Print is also very crisp and clear, and there have never been any problems with legibility.  I've never had the paper jam.  It is easy to load and easy to operate; you turn it on with the push of a button.

I forget how much we paid for it, but I know it was cheap.  We shopped around, and since we were, of course, in the middle of the recession then and my husband was unemployed, we did not have a lot of money to spend, but our old printer had quit working, and we had to have a printer.  We have been very happy with it!

canon 's done it again

from Bronx, NY

Comments about Canon iP2600 Photo InkJet Printer:

I had been searching for a printer for a while and before I started I never considered anything more than somethign to print my computer documents.  When I went shopping I was surpriseed to see how many things a printer can do for you.  The newest printers have scanning, color copying, faxing photo type copying and regular print capabilities.  This canon has all thee features as well it comes with an instruction book which is easy to set up and also a CD-Rom which is not so easy to understand.  This also comes with color and black ink for copying.  Anyway one thing that is amajor boo boo on the company's part is that they did not include any USB cable so you have to do research againt get the right fitting USB if you bought your printer online.  As far as price it is pretty reasonable deal and I wouldn't say spend the extra hundred for quality because the quality of this Canon printer is pretty high .Canon's done it again.