Other Digital Cameras:

Canon - SX120 IS Digital Camera

Pros

Cons

• Portability:

Great camera for the price

I purchased the Canon SX 120 IS Digital Camera when my previous Canon camera's flash stopped working. I was interested in this camera because I wanted a digital camera that used AA batteries instead of special camera batteries. In the past I have had cameras with the special batteries that I could not even depend on to last all day with multiple batteries (not a Canon). The Canon SX 120 has worked great for me in most all aspects except the flash. If you plan to take a lot of indoor pictures requiring flash this is NOT the camera for you. The flash is super slow on the Canon SX 120. That is the main flaw I see in this camera though.

I have been happy with the quality of my pictures from this Canon camera. The camera is easy enough to use and has some common features on it.  The battery life seems good for me I take a lot of pictures and the 2 AA batteris last me several days typically. I do recommend using rechargeable batteries as I get much more shots from this versus alkaline.

Bottom line for me is if you are not too conderned about the flash this is a good basic camera to have.

Has "easy" setting, does not travel

I like taking photographs with this camera, but I wish it were lighter and flatter and the batteries lasted longer. With the different settings, including videotaping, I can feel like more of a photographer than I actually am.

Image Quality
The Canon PowerShot 120 IS has pretty good image quality, but it's obviously not a professional's camera.

The camera can take better pictures if you know how to control the settings, which I do not. It takes good enough pictures for casual photographers.

The Canon PowerShot 120 IS has an "Easy" setting that works really well. It takes care of lighting and focus. The "Auto" setting is also good for casual photographers like me who want to be able to focus the camera and have some choices but don't want to set everything for each photograph.

I've had this camera for a few years, and it's still good as new. It has not needed any repairs.

Battery Life
Whether it's the batteries themselves or the camera, occasionally I have had problems with batteries wearing out as soon as I put them in the camera. Usually this is not an issue, though.

Portability
The Canon PowerShot 120 IS is heavy compared to other cameras. It's also too bulky to go in a pocket and takes up room in a purse.

Has "easy" setting, does not travel

• Portability:

Great product, great deal!

Comments about Canon - SX120 IS Digital Camera:

This camera is great for anyone who wants to take quality photos without the hassle of dslr cameras. It is very easy to use, easy to carry, and just all around a great camera
I have taken quite a few pictures of my niece that look like a professional took them. Love it!!

Battery Life
If you want to take pictures longer I highly suggest using lithium batteries. They are more expensive but they are worth it.

• Portability:

A great affordable camera for a picture enthusiast.

Comments about Canon - SX120 IS Digital Camera:

I am quite pleased with this cameras performance in outdoor lighting conditions however it loses points when you shoot indoors and need to use a flash.

Image Quality
Again....outdoors, you can't beat it for the price

Loss of quality in low light situations. Low light also becomes a nuisance with the autofocus and the speed with which the flash recycles and gets you ready for your next shot

It's a point and shoot so it really doesn't get any easier than this

I've had this camera 2 years and there is no question when it comes to durability. It's bee knocked around a lot especially when I take it on a boat to go fishing.

Battery Life
Have to give it a 10 in this category. I have 2 sets of rechargeable AA batteries that I always carry with me along with a recharger. I have never had a set of batteries die on me but if and when that happens I will be ready with a replacement set to pop in.

Portability
Quite comfortable to carry. It's smaller, lighter and considerably less expensive than a DSLR.

Love this camera

Comments about Canon - SX120 IS Digital Camera:

For the price this was just the camera I needed! If you are a professional and looking for everything a camera ever does move on. If you are an everyday picture taking Mom this will work for you! My favorite feature is the continuous shooting! If you have kids you know they are always on the move! With continuous shot you just hold the button down and voila you can finally get a great action shot! There is the TV setting, AV setting, Manuel, Program(this is the one I use most!), Auto, Easy, Portrait, Landscape, Night, Kids & Pet, Indoor, and Sunset. This camera also takes videos! My flash take a little longer to reset, even with new batteries, than I would like but it is not a big deal as I don't use it that often. I have dropped it numerous times and it still works perfect! Easy to review your pictures, set anything, and connect to the computer. It makes sharing pictures easy! Zooming is also easy to use while taking you pictures. I use this often! Kids in the family get awards, play sports, and other activities where you may not be close and need to zoom. They come out clear! All in all there are better products out there if you are professional but for everyday life this is an awesome sturdy camera!

Image Quality
All my pictures come out clear and just as I took them!

Works just as well as the day I took it out of the box, even with being dropped some!

Everything is right there and labeled.

Been through a couple drops and still works great.

Battery Life
depends on the battery you use. I found that Energizer Lithium works the best and last the longest.

Portability
has a wrist strap and even without a case it is small enough to slip into my pocket!

• Portability:

Great affordable camera, perfect for grab and go.

from New Haven, IN

Comments about Canon - SX120 IS Digital Camera:

This is a pretty good little camera. It fits easily into the pocket of my messenger bag and does not weigh much at all. I am generally happy with the quality of the pictures and the variety of settings allos me to take picture indoors and out, or close up as well as from a distance.

Image Quality
I think it is good for what I do, vacation pictures, random shots of crazy stuff i see, and pictures of my work for my portfolio. I am not a professional photographer, but I get good pictures from this camera, consistantly.

I am happy with the camera.

The only complaint I would have about this camera is the zoom can be a bit akward to move at times. My camera seems to have a bit of hesitation before the zoom will move out. Also, I wish the 'shutter speed' was a bit faster for when I want to take multiple shots, but not video.

I also love the way the battery compartment gives me something to grip onto with these cameras. I can easily take a shot with one hand, and I don't have to woory that it is going to slip out of my hand.

As long as I don't drop this camera, I think the durability is pretty good. I have carried this camera in my bag daily and it takes a fair amount of abuse as I get jostled on the train or drop the bag on my desk.

Battery Life
I use the disposable batteries, I just always carry an extra set.

Portability
This camera goes everywher i go, no problems

• Portability:

Canon is a great product for great pictures.

from Oxford, OH

Comments about Canon - SX120 IS Digital Camera:

I love my camera! It is easy to take great pictures, see them after taken, easily transfer to my computer, great zoom - can't say one bad word about this. I take this camera with us while camping & trail riding and love the quality of pictures.

Image Quality
I have never been disappointed with the quality of the pictures taken with my camera.

I have never had an problems with this camera at all. This is my second Canon digital camera.

This camera is very easy to use with great instructions if you want to take special pictures. I just have mine set on auto and they come out great every time.

I have dropped my camera a couple of times on the grass and once while trail riding. It was in a protective carrier at the time and there was no damage at all.

Battery Life
The regular and rechargeable batteries last a long time with this camera.

Portability
The camera is easily carried in my purse or in a special case while trail riding or walking.

Canon - SX120 digital camera

from Miami, FL

Comments about Canon - SX120 IS Digital Camera:

This is a great camera, I have had this camera now for a little over two years and I am very happy with the pictures I get everytime. At first it was very difficult to take pictures but once I read the manuel and got help from someone who owned the same camera, it was a breeze. The picture quality it great and if you use the manual setting there is so much you can do and accomplish with this little camera. I have not had any problems or complaints with this camera and I like the brand very much.

Great camera!!!

from Nolanville, TX

Comments about Canon - SX120 IS Digital Camera:

We just purchased this camera before going on a mini vacation for spring break!! I used to have a Kodak, but the last 2 that I have owned stopped working shortly after buying them. I LOVE this camera, I have already recommended it to a friend who is in the market for a new camera. It takes great pictures. I havent used the video feature yet, so I cant comment on that. Overall so far I LOVE this camera!!!

Cannon SX120 IS Camera is great

from Havre De Grace, MD

Comments about Canon - SX120 IS Digital Camera:

I bought this camera in a rush after my old camera died right before some major children events. I love this camera. The options on it are very numerous. There is the Auto feature which is the one I use the most to take my pictures. I love that it has a feature to take pictures of children in motion and the zoom is very easy to use.

My son plays baseball and I was in the stands taking his picture while he was in left field and the picture turned out great.

The movie option takes great videos, which is helpful to me since I do not have a separate video camera. It's very easy to delete/review pictures.

The only thing lacking is there is no view finder, that took a little while to get used to for me. Getting the battery compartment open is also tricky and can be frustrating. The good thing about it is the batteries won't come falling out on you.

I do not use all the features on this camera, but the guidebook is very helpful in learning how to use it. I played with it while my children were rehearsing for their recital and got the hang of it pretty quickly.

I use special photo rechargable batteries and do not notice a short battery life. This was recommended by the sales person when I bought the camera.

Canon goes above and beyond!

from Greenville, PA

Comments about Canon - SX120 IS Digital Camera:

Let me just start out by saying that I worked for 5 years in a camera/developing store and let me just say that canon goes above and beyond the call of duty time and time again. I absolutely love this camera. Great features, excellent price. This camera will work great as a simple point and shoot but also works wonderfully for the ameature photographer, Ive used it for both. Ive owned many brands and after owning and working with this particular camera Ive decided to never buy any other brand but Canon. Its also in my opinion that if a company focus' on one main thing its a better quality. Brands like samsung (trust me- yuck) mass market many different electronics without devoting their heart and soul to one main category. Canon, although they make printers etc, is a photo and photography based company. Their dedication to this field is great- and you get a warranty at the time of purchase! I cannot say enough about how excellent this camera is, Im actually going to buy a Canon DSLR in the next few weeks to use along side this one. Great work Canon!