View more digital cameras

Canon - SD1100 IS Digital Camera

Pros

Cons

This camera Rocks!

I have to say this camera takes better photos then my rebel! I like it because it is sio much smaller then its rebel cousin. It fits right in my bag! Nice when i have to carry the diaperbag arround to have a point and shoot handy! It is one great camera for a great price! If you get this camera it wont be sorry! my daughter also uses it so i would say it is a great camera for a beginner or a pro... the lcd screen is very big and bright it is easy to see even on a nice and sunny day.. it is great indoor and out.. go get this camera.. it ROCKS!

LOVE THE CANON POWERSHOTS - BUT THE SC1100IS IS JUST OK

As the mother of a teenage daughter I have been through my share of digital cameras.  These kids are taking hundreds of pictures to upload to Myspace and Facebook.  I purchased the Canon PowerShot SD1100IS 8MP Digital Camera with 3x Optical Image Stabilized Zoom for my then 16 year old daughter who took about 200 pictures with it within 2 days.  She absolutely loved the ease of use and the great picture quality of this camera.

However, about two months after giving it to her the LED screen on the back stopped working.  Now the only way to use this camera is to look through the window view -  who looks through the window view anymore?  It is not three (3) years old and still is functioning well without the LED screen so I gave this 3 stars however I will not be purchasing another.

Its features are:

8.0-megapixel CCD captures enough detail for photo-quality 16x 22-inch prints

1. 3x optical image-stabilized zoom
2. 2.5-inch PureColor LCD II monitor
3. Face Detection; Motion Detection Technology automatically reduces blur
4. Captures images to SD memory cards
I would recommmend getting a 10 megapixel at this point instead.

Very nice camera, but far from the best, but also much easier to

from Birmingham, AL

Comments about Canon - SD1100 IS Digital Camera:

Very nice camera, but far from the best, but also much easier to operate, too.

Image Quality
Takes excellent photos considering the type of camera it is

Good, but obviously far from top notch quality

Pretty easy to use, even for a camera novice

I've had mine for years and it's still in great shape

Battery Life
Seems to last a really long time compared to other cameras I've owned

Portability
Nize compact size

• Portability:

Canon's have never disappointed me.

from Saratoga, CA

Comments about Canon - SD1100 IS Digital Camera:

My last four point and shoots have been Canon and when I moved to digital SLR I stuck with it.  Canon's have never failed me and even when I had issues with one, the process to get it fixed under warranty was really easy and relatively quick.  I think I was without the camera for about 2 weeks.  In particular, what I love most about the Canon Sd1100 was that it was fast.  My previous Canon SD750 would sometimes take awhile to load and get ready to take a photo.  Or it was slow in processing the picture and coming up on the screen.  That or I'm somewhat impatient. :)  As Canon continues to make cameras they only get better and better.  While the screen on the SD750 was bigger, the SD1100 was a decent size, rumor has it that they did away with such large screens because the material they used wasn't very strong.  Since then the new screens are almost as large as the SD750 and stronger.  The SD1100 is still small enough to carry in my pocket and I always carry mine around in my purse.  You just can't go wrong with a Canon if you're looking for something small, compact, easy to use and takes great pictures!

The Canon SD1100 is a great all around camera

from Nashua, NH

Comments about Canon - SD1100 IS Digital Camera:

The Canon SD1100 is a great all-around camera.  I love the size.  It's small enough to easily tuck into my purse, my jacket pocket or a backpack.  I find that I carry this camera whenever I think I might take a picture.  The quality for a non-dslr is great.  I used pictures from this camera for my Christmas cards and got a lot of compliments.  It doesn't replace the quality of a dslr but the convenience means that I'm using this camera a lot more than a dslr.  Another amazing thing about this camera is the video.  It's so convenient to have the capability of taking video with this small camera because I rarely bother to carry a separate video camera.  But if something comes up like an impromptu solo by your child in the park, it's worth it's weight in gold to be able to film it.  I don't like to spend time with menu items and changing settings on cameras so I like that this camera is so easy to use.  It also seems very sturdy to me.  I've dropped it a few times and never had a problem with it.

• Portability:

Great camera even if you dont' know much about photography

from Lexington, KY

Comments about Canon - SD1100 IS Digital Camera:

I recommend this camera the Canon Power Shot SD1100 IS, it is ready to go you just turn it on and snap some pics and they turn out great.  If you want you can mess with things and do some cool shots but it is a great size and nice camera.  You are able to do a cool thing which allows you to capture only a certain color in a shot so you can just capture the red flowers in a bed or something along those lines which makes for a neet shot.  I think the best thing is just the ease of use and the convience of the size, I wanted something I would carry around and actually use.

My Canon-SD1100IS Digital Camera is easy to operate!

from Staten Island, NY

Comments about Canon - SD1100 IS Digital Camera:

My Canon Power Shot - SD1100IS Digital Camera was given to me by my children as part of my Christmas gift this past year.  This camera is fairly easy to use, and as I am not a pro at operating any sort of camera/video equipment, which my children know, is why they chose this camera.

The instruction booklet that is included with this camera is easy to understand and with all of the pictures showing the parts of the camera and how they work, it is quite easy to follow and get whatever results you are trying to achieve when taking your pictures.

I especially like the 2.5 inch LCD monitor, as this makes for easy viewing to see 100% of the picture you are taking and/or for viewing after you take it.  Another feature that I would like to mention regarding continuous shooting is that it's approximately only 1.3 shots/second.

Also, with a fully charged battery, you can take a great deal of pictures, even with the LCD Monitor on, and it doesn't even show that the battery is weakening.

These are only a few of the great features of this Canon Power Shot - SD1100IS camera that makes it a "must-have" for people that aren't pros at operating cameras!

Perfect for family and Fun

from Peculiar, MO

Comments about Canon - SD1100 IS Digital Camera:

I started out with a sony digital camera with a huge Lens and lots of different settings.  It was good for taking simple pictures but couldn't capture the movement of every day life. After about 4 years of trying to get good pictures of my kids with it only to be disappointed  with the blurry picture I got due to the fact that little kids just can't sit still and they shouldn't have to.  I gave up and started my search for a new little camera that I could keep with me at all times.  I did a lot of research for a camera that would take pictures of a moving person a camera that would focus on the faces of my target and I found one.  My canon Powershot SD1100is 8mp Digital camera is a perfect little camera for me and my family. It takes great pictures of my moving children, and I can also use it to take very detailed pictures of flowers. The macro setting is perfect for close up and intricate pictures.

I like this camera and I never leave home without it.

The Canon Power Shot SD1100 IS is packed with features.

from North Andover, MA

Comments about Canon - SD1100 IS Digital Camera:

The Canon Power Shot SD1100 IS is a convenient compact digital camera with a lot of useful options to offer the photographer who wants to capture a picture quickly, and still have a high quality resolution image.  Images are stored on a SD disc, which easily transfers to a computer, printer or in-store printing machine.  The image can be edited on the camera or computer for even better results.

The flash can be set to function automatically or as a creative tool.  Other options include a screw base for attaching a tripod, A/V output source for transfering imagines and an easy to use menu of options which display on its 3 inch viewing screen.

For someone who likes to capture moving subjects, this camera also functions as a movie camera with sound!

Canon is a brand known for quality, and this little digital is one of their best!

My Canon PowerShot Digital Camera is Wonderful

from Austin, TX

Comments about Canon - SD1100 IS Digital Camera:

I decided to buy a digital camera several  months ago.  I had no idea how complicated it was going to be.  I knew nothing about digital cameras.  I began to research digital cameras.  It took me months before I decided on the Canon PowerShot SD1100 IS.  But I am so glad that I did decide to buy this camera.

I love it.  It takes beautiful pics.

I found it complicated to use but it was my first digital camera.  Other people who are more familiar with digital cameras tell me that it is very easy to use.

It is a bit on the pricey side when compared to other digital cameras but Canon is considered top of the line.  It was recommended to me over and over by many people including my trainers at the Apple Store.  Canon has an excellent reputation.

I was not happy with the customer service that I received from the store where I bought it but Canon offers their own customer service and I have been satisfied with their customer service. Also, I have received excellent training from The Apple Store.  Because I have a MacBook and I have purchased the One on One training, I was able to get training on my Canon from The Apple Store.  And that is how I really learned how to use my Canon Digital Camera.

I love my Canon Digital Camera.  I am very glad that I chose it.  But I wish that I had bought it at another retail outlet.

And as said, I did find it very complicated to learn how to use.  If this is your first digital camera, be certain that you will get the proper support and training on it.

Great camera for all occasions!

from Hutto, TX

Comments about Canon - SD1100 IS Digital Camera:

I love the Cannon PowerShot SD1100 IS Digital Camera!! All of its various settings allow you to always get the perfect shot of whatever you are shooting. The size and shape of the camera is great for a mom with her hands full and fits perfectly in the side of the diaper bag or your pocket. It is also durable- twice I have had it knocked out of my hands at sporting events and it does not have a scratch on it.

I was very impressed with the video camera option - the PowerShot allows you to take small, medium or large movies so as to control the amount of space taken up on your memory card and how detailed you want the movies. The sound is another great feature on the camera - it returns clear, crisp sound both when replaying the movies as well as when viewing the movies once uploaded to your computer.

The only thing I would change about this camera is the software that it comes with; it seems to be somewhat redundant and confusing. I find myself manually uploading the content rather than deal with the accompanying software.

Canon SD100 Digital Camera

from Leonardtown, MD

Comments about Canon - SD1100 IS Digital Camera:

I love my canon digital camera. It is a great/compact size so I can easily put it in my pocket and take it with me wherever I go. It is easy to use so I didn't have to spend a lot of time reading through the instructiuons to figure out how to use it. it really takes pictures that are great quality, as well as videos of great quality. It is has a lot of different photo options and image settings so there are all kinds of different things you can do to your photos. This is a great camera if you are a digital camera beginner like I was, and this took me no time at all to figure out how to use and become a pro with. Canon has always been a quality name in cameras and photography and this is just another example of how great canon products can be.