Other Digital Cameras:

Canon - Rebel T1i Digital Camera

Pros

Cons

Canon T1i is definitely a Great Camera

I’ve had a chance to review the Canon Rebel T1i DSLR camera. So far, I love it. It is really simple to use yet it has the power to manually control most settings just like the pros. It came with an EFS 18-55mm lens as well which works great for taking your everyday photos. Of course, you can buy a wide range of lenses that fit this camera to fit your needs. It also has a hot shoe mount for flash units of course. This camera even records HD video! I have noticed that there isn’t much control when shooting video. You can set the white balance and exposure but that’s pretty much it. But, the video is amazing from this camera. The colors come out very vibrant, nothing that my JVC HD camcorder can even come close to doing. Another thing you can’t do when shooting video is adjust the frame rate. Oh how I wish you could adjust the frame rate! It allows you to choose between recording in full HD(20fps) or at 720p(30fps). I recommend shooting in 720p because full HD can get a little sluggish and is best for more of a film look. The format it records to is Quicktime Movie (.mov) and not AVCHD which is great. Also auto focusing on this camera can tend to be a bit slow at some times and when your shooting video and auto focusing, you can here the sound of it focusing and with no external mic jack, there’s really no way around this unless you go manually. The LCD is great for the money. The quality is just so great. I once had the opportunity to take a photo of people using their digital camera and I thought the photo was out of focus and bad quality because I was so used to the T1i’s screen, that’s how good it is. Settings on this camera are fairly easy to adjust by using the little scroll wheel on top of the camera. I sometimes wish I had bought the T2i just because you get more overall control while shooting HD. It also has an external mic input and accepts bigger memory cards.  Overall, this is my very first SLR camera and so far I think it’s great and has just a few drawbacks. For the price, you can’t get any better.

wonderful camera

this camera is a wonderful for taking high speed photos of family members and action shots.  especially photos of children and kids that require split second shots.  It is very easy to miss an opprtunity for a good photo whith a a camera thst has a very slow shutter speed.  After yoyu take ashot whith a typical camera thereds could be a delay of up to five seconds at least and this may cause you to miss dozens of photos snap shots that could have been caught in any of the seconds inbetween each of the previous shots.  I have a friend that lives in chicago and has a one year old son and he absolutly raves on and on over this camera.  The exceptional quality of the picture and the way it captures light with the combine speed of the shutter is absolutly amazing.  This camera is an absolute must have especially for parents and could even be used to capture high speed photos of animals or even sports.

I love everything about this camera!

Comments about Canon - Rebel T1i Digital Camera:

The T1i is not too bulky, not too expensive, and has great camera quality and is easy to use!

Image Quality
The only issue I have had with my image quality is when taking photos with high aperture (such as photos of the sky), small particles sometimes get into the sensor and leave black marks on the photo called "boogers". However, it is extremely easy to fix this since the camera has a built in sensor cleaner that will get rid of the booger in just a couple of seconds.

The only issue I have with performance is the difficulty taking pictures quickly in the dark. It will flash to light up and focus but it will take a few tries before it actually takes the photo, even if you are not trying to focus on something (this only happens when flash is turned on, otherwise it will obviously just night process the photo).

Extremely easy to use, much more straight-forward than most Nikons.

I have banged up my camera quite a bit while climbing around to get to the perfect picture spot, but it has almost no scratches on it and still functions as it did when it was new!

Battery Life
Very good, lasts me a couple days of frequent shooting before needing to be charged.

Portability
Unfortunately, it is a little big like most dSLRs. However, compared to other camera's in it's category, I would say it is not any bulkier than it's competition.

LOVE!

from Greensboro, NC

Comments about Canon - Rebel T1i Digital Camera:

I bought this camera because I wanted to learn to use a DSLR camera to take better photos of my kids and family. It was fairly easy to learn and I quickly began taking better and better pictures. Friends and family started asking me to take pics of their families and I was able to start my own photography business. I thought that I would have needed a higher end camera for professional quality pictures, but all of my clients have been extremely happy with the images. I've even blown them up to poster size with incredible image quality. I love Canon products and this one is no different; great quality at a reasonable price.

The Best of the Best

from Lawsonville, NC

Comments about Canon - Rebel T1i Digital Camera:

The Canon Rebel T1i Digital Camera truly is a great camera. My wife and I have had the camera for several years and enjoy taking pictures with the camera. The resolution is superb. The options/accessories are great as while and easy to expand and find Canon products. My favorite camera I own thus far.

The T1i is Bulky, but of High Quality

from Seattle, WA

Comments about Canon - Rebel T1i Digital Camera:

The Canon Rebel T1i Digital Camera is a great DSLR camera for a great price. The camera itself takes really good pictures with comparable image quality. I tend not to recommend this camera to a lot of my friends because they are not photography buffs. This camera is often hard for the beginner to use, and beyond the auto function, the limitless options, customizations, and potential of this camera is often unused and untapped with a beginner. For the more advanced photographer, I would highly recommend it. I really like the ease of changing the aperture, shutter speed and ISO on the camera. However, even for on-the-go or vacation trips with the family, this camera is quite bulky and expensive, and so a lot of care and attention to it is required. I would recommend it anyways.

• Portability:

This is a greater starter DLSR camera.

from Luttrell, TN

Comments about Canon - Rebel T1i Digital Camera:

I love my Canon T1i. I went from a Canon point & shoot camera to this dlsr. It's not too heavy or bulky like some DLSR's can be and it fits my hand nicely. Once I understood all the different settings, it was fairly easy to use the right setting for the photo that I wanted to capture. It's 10 megapixels so it is professional quality and the photo's look really great. The lenses are very easy to change and mine came with 2 batteries so I always have a battery charged and ready to go.
This is a great starter DLSR at a very reasonable price. I recommend this camera to all my family and friends that talk about buying a camera.
The only thing I would change if I could would be the camera strap that came with it; it seems to be too short for me even with it adjusted all the way out.

Image Quality
Great quality photos that look like professional pictures. I have a lot of my photos printed and hung in my house and most people think they were purchased professional pictures.

As long as I have the batteries charged, the camera can keep up with what I want to do. Love the continuous shooting setting too.

Extremely easy to use once you understand all the different settings and functions.

Battery Life
A fully charged battery will last me 4 hours of continuous shooting and all day of random shots.

This is a great camera!

from Edmonds, WA

Comments about Canon - Rebel T1i Digital Camera:

My husband and I bought this camera before a trip to Hawaii. We had been considering a camera like this for awhile but wasn't sure what the best camera for the price was. My husband did some research and decided on the T1i. We have been very happy with it so far. It takes great photos and the auto setting works wonders since I am not an experienced photographer at all. This camera takes awesome macro photos as well. My only complaint is that the camera is a little heavy.

Great first slr

from Oxnard, CA

Comments about Canon - Rebel T1i Digital Camera:

This is my first slr camera and man I love it soooo much! It takes the clearest pictures ive ever seen even without image stable lens. I also like the fact that I can blow my pictures up to poster size without them getting all distorted!

The best entry level DSLR

from Menasha, WI

Comments about Canon - Rebel T1i Digital Camera:

I categorize myself as a serious hobbyist of photography. I enjoy composing and taking good photos, but I also like the ability to shoot videos of a scene when I feel I'm uncapable to capture the moment. For this reason I went through many high end point-and-shoot cameras. Canon's release of the Rebel T1i that featured video options at an affordable price was my que to upgrade into the entry level DSLR world.

The T1i with the 18-55mm lens was very capable and extremely easy to use. The dial on top makes it easy to select photo modes and the 'MENU' button makes access into the extra options a breeze. AUTO mode is very smart and makes it likely that you'll never miss a shot if you have sufficient lighting. It is not horrible in low light (especially in comparison to p&s cameras) but it does show a bit of noise.

The video mode is wonderful with one exception: auto focus. I found auto focusing to be too slow for my taste. However manual focusing is very easy to pick up with steady hands. You'll be able to create that sharp and soft focus that higher end video cameras produce.

I would recommend this camera to any person looking to get into DSLR cameras who still want to have that video option that p&s cameras have. The capabilities of the T1i are truley revealed as you upgrade in lenses.

Canon T1i: A decent SLR

from Jacksonville, FL

Canon T1i: A decent SLR.

To start with I must say that this is my first SLR camera. I have generally owned point and shoot pocket type cameras so this was a huge upgrade for me.

I have been experimenting with this camera for a while now. I love the picture quality it can produce and the amount of settings that can be tweaked on it to get the perfect picture. It has several preset modes to take your pictures or you can set it to the manual modes which lets you override all the minute settings that can help you get the best shot.

In addition to the picture modes, the Canon T1i also has a high definition video recording mode which records movies in 1080 full high definition.

The camera came with a 18-55 mm IS lens. The IS is for image stabilization which compensates for hand shake while taking photos which require you to hold the camera steady as the shutter kept open for longer time intervals. I found this feature very useful. In addition to that lens, I also bought the 55-250mm IS zoom lens and an EF 50mm 1.8 fixed lens to do portrait type shots.

I have been using this camera for about 3 months now and so far I love it!

it is a good DSLR with reaonable price

from Plano, TX

Comments about Canon - Rebel T1i Digital Camera:

I have a Fuji pocket camara and also a Nikon. THey are both very compact and handy. However I just become a mom and I was told that I need to take lots of pictures for my baby to keep good memory becasue they grow fast. I am not a professional photographer, but I would like to have nice pictures taken so that I can share with my daughter when she grow up. I did some research and laid my eyes on two models, one is Canon - Rebel T1i Digital Camera, and the other is nikeon D50. They are both DSLR for beginners and they are both not very heavy, which is one key factor I am looking for. I hate to pack around with a bulky heavy camera especially when the baby is still young and I need to carry diaper bag, bottles etc. I decided to go with Cannon because of its video shooting function. It is said it is High defnition and it is 200 frame/second, which is good. It served our purpose and it takes good pictures, especially for portrait. we like it very much.