Other Digital Cameras:
Canon
Canon - PowerShot SD400 Digital Camera

Canon - PowerShot SD400 Digital Camera

• Portability:

Great for those "I wish I had a camera moments".

I admit it, I tend to be one of "those" people.  You know the ones who constantly have a camera at what to you may seem like the most dreadful moments.  Yet, two weeks later after the picture has circulated, you can laugh out loud about that moment!  My friends always thank me later.  :)

This camera is my key to success.  It's compact, light, easy to use and fits right in my purse or pocket.  By comparison, it's about the same size as a deck of cards, maybe smaller.  With options for nighttime, manual, indoor, outdoor, even kids (who knew there was a setting for taking pictures of kids!) every picture comes out beautiful.  It also has the capabilities of taking underwater photos when you purchase the underwater housing.  It's one downfall, there is no fireworks setting like found on many of the other Canon PowerShot models.

With all of the positives with this camera, my favorite is the capability to "mess" with the colors.  For example -   you can focus on a single color in the picture you are taking, "tell" the camera the color, and everything else in the picture will be in black and white!  It's amazing!  I've attached an example of some flowers I took in this review.  Once I found this out, I was a picture taking fiend!

Not the best camera at all!

I used bought this camera for my neice as a starter camera for her photography class. Since then I have used it more than her. i think it is a good camera for capturing images but not for great photography. She thinks its a little too simple. Some more features would help the user customize the experience. Well unfortunately after having the camera for 2 months, it stopped working. It stopped taking pictures, making sounds and turning on. We contacted canon and have yet to have this issue resolved. My best recommendation, stay away from this camera. In general I think I have a bad reputation with the brand canon.

fantastic camera i would buy it again and again i like canon

from oman

About Me Casual Photographer

Pros

• Easy To Use
  • Fast/accurate auto-focus
  • Good Image Quality
  • Good Image Stabilization
  • Good in Low Light
  • Great Zoom
  • Large Clear LCD

• Video
    • Weddings/Events
    • Wildlife photos

Comments about Canon - PowerShot SD400 Digital Camera:

lets talk about the advantages of this fantastic magic tiny accurate camera , first of all im a very strong fan of nearlly all canon products , not only this camera , i have four printers in my home and my work , all the four printers are canon , i trust canon sooo. much they havve a very good name , its one of the top brandes in electronics , last product i purchased from canon wass LIDE 120 canon scanner just one word amazing ... like all canon products , lets go back to this fantastic camera Canon - PowerShot SD400 Digital Camera very easy to use , very simple , my small kids use it bitter than me , you can buy it as a gift to a three years old child , even if your child hands are chacking this camera is very fast and accurate , it has the auto-focus feature so even if your hands are chacking it will give a very nice , accurate photo , it has a very good image quality and a very good image stabilization , even in low light its very good that was the primary cause i buyied this camera , because my old camera was very bad in low light the quality of images was very poor at night , that was the first primary question i asked the seller about while buying this camera " what about the images quality at low light " the seller answered very good and i directly paid for this camera , it also has a very good zoom and you can shoot photos of a very good quality from far place , the LCD is very large and clear , i buyed the silver body colour i dont know how maney other colours are available , but the silver colour is unique and i like it very much , its very small and compact camera , wth all this features , that what makes it very unique , you can use this camera for all purposes ... family photos , indoor / low light , sport / action , travel , videos , weddinngs / events and for wildlife photos , sure i would recommand this amazing cammera to all people.

• Was this a gift?:

small camera but big effect

from RIYADH/SAUDI ARABIA

About Me Pro Photographer

Pros

• Easy To Use
    • Good Image Quality
    • Good in Low Light
    • Great Zoom
    • Nice Body Color
    • Short Lag Time

Cons

• Poor Image Quality
    • Short Battery Life

• Family Photos
    • Video
    • Weddings/Events
    • Wildlife photos

Comments about Canon - PowerShot SD400 Digital Camera:

The PowerShot SX620 HS is a compact travel zoom with a 20.2MP BSI CMOS sensor and 25X, 25-625mm equivalent lens. It has Canon's 'Intelligent Image Stabilizer' which picks the right 'mode' depending on the situation, an Auto Zoom feature for adjusting the focal length as subject depth changes, and numerous special effects. It also features a 3" LCD and Wi-Fi with NFC
    its good for all of things

• Was this a gift?:
    • I am an employee or otherwise affiliated with the brand

I love this camera!

from Lagrange, OH

Comments about Canon - PowerShot SD400 Digital Camera:

Of the three digital cameras I have owned in the past 7 years, the Canon PowerShot SD400 Digital Camera is my absolute favorite. Sadly, I recently dropped and broke it beyond repair, but I loved how it performed. It was small and sturdy, easy to slip into a purse or pocket. It was very user friendly, and after just a little time looking over the user's manual, I was able to operate the camera well. It takes clear, sharp photos, and it offers several different scene options, as well as options for zoom, flash, etc. The memory on the camera was decent and it took fair videos as well. Playback and transfer to a computer was easy. The playback screen on the back of the camera was a nice, large size. The zoom is excellent. I especially loved how quickly the camera took photos after aiming it... a must for wiggling children! I love this camera and give it the highest rating. Buy it and you will not be disappointed!

Canon Power Shot: Small, compact digital camera

from Anaheim, CA

Comments about Canon - PowerShot SD400 Digital Camera:

This camera is very portable. It is small, slim, and easy to use. The on/off button s located conveniently at the top of the camera, and the zoom is also convenient. It is easy to view photos and delete if desired. The battery compartment is very accessible. HOWEVER, it does not take the shot immediately -- there is a lag between pushing the button and when the photo is taken. As a result, I don't recommend it for taking baby photos. I have missed SO many waiting for the shot!!

Image Quality
    Photos are beautiful, and you can zoom in and out.

I am unhappy with the lag time between when I push the button to take the photo and when the shot is actually taken. Because of that, I miss many photos of my grandbabies because they have moved before the shot is taken.

Battery Life
    I should have mentioned that above. The battery life is good, and it is very easy to charge. Also, a full charge does not take long.

Cannon Power Shot amera

from Crooksville, OH

Comments about Canon - PowerShot SD400 Digital Camera:

I have and use this camera however, the features do not always be usable. Also. The video always comes on when I turn the camera on automatically. I guess it is just difficult to use. The pictures are wonderful.

Pictures are beautiful

I would like to be able to a and not worry about anything elseim and shoot

awesome camera

Comments about Canon - PowerShot SD400 Digital Camera:

this camera is so amazing and so easy to use! I have bought one for m and one for my daughter and we both love them. they are even compact enough to place in our purse or even pocket and take everywhere and the pictures turn out so great like a professional took the pics! gotta love that!

Image Quality
    takes amazing photos like a professional for a lot less cost!

no slow waiting on this camera it is fast an works wonderfully!!

Love how easy this camera is to use! my 20 month old grand daughter took pics with it by accident and they turned out so good! she is a natural!!

I have carried this camera in my back pocket and even sat on it and it is like it is indistructable!

Battery Life
    always have the power you need for those photos! one charge seems to last forever!

Portability
    I have carried mine in my pocket, purse and it just fits just about anywhere!!

• Portability:

Lightweight perfect for starter photographers

from Merced, CA

Comments about Canon - PowerShot SD400 Digital Camera:

I really like this camera. It is small and easy to use. It is perfect for beginner photographers to get used to having a camera on hand, that they can easily grab and go with. It is awesome for young kids who want to learn photography. It has good images, it is quick, and very easy to use. The video is good for regular family videos or adventures. It is an overall good camera for the beginners :)

Image Quality
    This camera has good image quality if taken correctly. I think the more you get into photography the more you can see the image quality change. For Beginners this is a great quality for image however, I think the more advance or professional photographers may not be as easily impressed.

The performance of the camera is quick and fast for taking pictures, it does not require much of fiddling with. All around the Performance is really good.

It is a simple camera for quick and fast easy use. It has basic features as well as a few intermediate. So, each of the pictures you take as long as you know what you are wanting to do is quick and fast. I think the longest thing for it is the Zooming in and out which is not that bad and night pictures but most cameras take time to get to the next picture.

I think it is pretty good. It has enough to hold it in place if dropped in certain areas. However, like most cameras a drop or hit could make it break. The zoom in and out is normally the area it breaks however, it is not likely to break if taken proper care. The hold of it without dropping it is very good. It is light weight, easy to stick in pocket, purse or camera case.

Battery Life
    I am not big on batteries life ha. It seems most cameras in the lower range can not hold a camera battery life. You will need to buy extra batteries, I would suggest the highest quality, rechargeable camera batteries you can find. Anywhere you go take extra batteries, as sometimes it will go low if used to often. There is only so many pictures each battery life will handle. So with this camera I say grab extra batteries. I would say have two sets with you if not more.

Portability
    Very lightweight, easy to put anywhere since it is small. you could slip it in your pocket (be careful though most people break it by doing so and forget it is in the pocket), in the purse, it is small to be anywhere :)

Beautiful pictures

Comments about Canon - PowerShot SD400 Digital Camera:

I take pictures of my kids doing their sporting activities and I needed a camara to take distant, moving great pictures and this is the camara to do that!

Image Quality
    Distant pictures comes in very clear.

Very clear pictures! Which is hard to do for far away/ action pictures.

Just look and snap!

Drop it and keeps taking quality pictures! It is a very durable camara.

Battery Life
    We can always use longer battery life! But I can use it all day and by the end of the day the battery may be starting to die. But just charge it up again that night and it is ready for use the next morning. This is what I do while using it on vacations.

Portability
    Very easy to store in small places! Like your pocket or purse.

• Portability:

Canon's best camera yet!!!

Comments about Canon - PowerShot SD400 Digital Camera:

Overall I love this digital camera. My photos are very clear and focused. The colors are strong and vivid. I owned an earlier version of this camera and was very excited to get this updated one. It did not disappoint. I have used it for every conceivable event and am well pleased with the results.

Good little camera

from Arlington Heights, IL

Comments about Canon - PowerShot SD400 Digital Camera:

My husband got me this camera for a gift last year. I wanted a nice little camera that I could throw in my purse or my pocket. I was looking for an in-between camera from my phone and my nice "big canon". This one has been great to use for those moments when you want a nice picture but don't want to pull out the "big guns". It is really easy to use and for the most part all the settings are pretty self explanatory. The picture quality is nice and I like to have my pictures saved someplace other than on my phone. I would recommend getting a case for this little camera. I procrastinated on getting one and now the cover for the lens is damaged. The camera still works but I often have to manually finish opening the shutter.