Other Digital Cameras:

Pros

Cons

Great Camera

Comments about Canon PowerShot SD1100 IS / IXUS 80 IS Digital Camera:

I've had this Canon Powershoot for a few years, and I've got to say its really handy and does its job. You can take quality digital pictures, and even record some video clips.

Image Quality
The pictures come out quite clear, considering its a basic point and shoot type camera. You can delete the ones you don't like, but the quality is decent. I've been able to download pics and enlarge the photos to full page without blurriness. It depends on your shot, but it does a great job.

I've had it for awhile and it still performs excellent, with no technical issues. Sometimes it takes awhile for the flash to click, its not immediate, but maybe a second or two delay. you can record video and sound, which I really like as well. Comes in handy for those baby "first" moments.

This camera seems easy enough, you point and shoot basically. You can set it in picture, video or The reason I'm giving it an eight is because there are way too many options on the menu screen and I always end up pushing some button by accident and getting my functions all messed up. I figured the menu and options should be easier
for someone to follow.

My camera has been accidentally dropped several times by my daughter, and it still works great. Surprisingly nothing has cracked or been damaged, and we've had it for a good few years.

Battery Life
I'll charge this battery before a holiday picture gathering/party and the camera will stay charged for a few months before my next picture occasion. Granted, I don't use the camera for 8 hours in a row or anything, but it seems to keep its battery charge for months. I have a charged back-up battery but have yet to use it in the past three years.

Portability
Its the perfect size to bring with you. I have mine in a camera case just tossed in my purse. The camera itself is about the size of a deck of cards, so you can almost fit it in your pocket as well.

• Portability:

Reliable camera, good lens, poor stabilization.

Comments about Canon PowerShot SD1100 IS / IXUS 80 IS Digital Camera:

I've had this camera for at least six years and I'm always a little shocked that it's never let me down (and I'm not exactly gentle on my devices). The 3x optical zoom is nice, and the digital zoom surpassed my expectations. Resolution is excellent for a camera of its generation. My biggest issue is with the stabilization--it's constantly flashing a little indicator at me that I'm moving too much even when I feel like I'm totally still and I normally need to attempt a photo 2-3 times to get one without some blurring. It didn't seem so bad when I got it, but compared to the current iPhone camera technology where you can be moving all over the place and still get a perfect crisp photo, it's pitiful. I'm a little more than a casual photographer but certainly not a professional or expert (e.g. I'm taking photos for the art, or for archival, rather than just snapping photos of trips etc). All in all, it's served me well for several years and I've always been quite happy with it.

Image Quality
When you get a clear photo, it looks great. But most of the photos I get have motion blur.

Pretty good controls for exposure, white balance, etc. The macro mode is great. Only real performance issue is how poorly it deals with being even slightly unstable.

This thing's gone through hell in my pockets and backpacks for six years and it still works like a champ. Sure the casing is horribly banged up, but it functions like new.

Portability
I thought it was super easy to carry when I bought it, although by today's standards it might not be great.

• Portability:

Good little point & shoot camera

Comments about Canon PowerShot SD1100 IS / IXUS 80 IS Digital Camera:

In general, a very good point&shoot camera for the price (pretty inexpensive). Pros - takes nice, crisp pictures in natural light and when using auto-flash; the settings for "indoor" or macro modes usually work well; video has very good audio and video even in lower light conditions (grainy but viewable). Cons - pics taken without flash tend to end up blurry even when the subject is relatively still in good lighting, but the flash washes out the image in some lighting conditions.

• Portability:

Good camera for the money but lacks expert features

from Birmingham, AL

Comments about Canon PowerShot SD1100 IS / IXUS 80 IS Digital Camera:

This is a pretty good camera with some decent features for the beginner and intermediate photographers and home users.

Image Quality
Image quality is pretty good considering the size & price of this model.

Performs ok, but not great

Menus could be a little simpler

I've had this camera for several years now and it has held up very well. No problems

Battery Life
Battery life is excellent on this model

Portability
Small enough for a pocket or hand.

My Canon Powershot rocks

from Raleigh, NC

Comments about Canon PowerShot SD1100 IS / IXUS 80 IS Digital Camera:

I got this camera after my previous one, a Kodak Easyshare, was starting to show its age. At first I wanted to get another Kodak camera, but after reading so many great reviews about this model, I decided to give it a go. Besides, it's the brand my parents and many of my friends use so I knew I made a good choice. I got this particular model because I wanted something that was not only easy to use and small enough to fit in my pocket, but also take great quality pictures with ease (aka the point-and-shoot method). It met all my expectations, especially the quality of the pictures after I uploaded them...they were excellent! I also enjoyed the video feature in which you can capture with ease and also plays back with sound, unlike my old camera! The many shooting modes offered (such as beach, fireworks, etc.) were great too, even though I didn't use them all that much. Though my night shots have greatly improved. This camera rocks. :)

I LOVE the Canon PowerShot

from Easton, PA

Comments about Canon PowerShot SD1100 IS / IXUS 80 IS Digital Camera:

This is my first digital camera.  I decided to upgrade when I found out I was having a baby and I knew I'd be taking a LOT of pictures of a squirming little thing that won't hold still.  I absolutely LOVE this camera.  It is pretty easy to figure out.  I haven't read much of the manual, but have figured out how to do practically everything I need to know how to do just by fiddling with it a little bit.  My favorite function is the red eye reduction -  This has saved a LOT of awesome pictures.  The software that comes with it is also very easy to use, and again - no manual necessary, though I do plan on sitting down and reading both manuals soon to make sure I'm getting the most out of this camera.  I've had it for two years now and do not have a single complaint.  In addition to taking clear pictures of pets and kids (who are always moving), it can stand to be thrown about a bit by toddlers!

Canon SD1100 IS provides quality pics at an affordable price

from Lees Summit, MO

Comments about Canon PowerShot SD1100 IS / IXUS 80 IS Digital Camera:

When we were preparing for our first child, we bought a really expensive and BIG camera so that we could capture all of the "firsts" with really good quality pics.  The pictures were all great, but sometimes it was veryinconvenient to lug that thing around with all of the junk that goes with it.  I found myself leaving it at home for some outings where I was alone with my son and had to carry the diaper bag, purse and punkin seat on my own.  We decided when he was about 2, that with the increased mobility of our son came a LOT more outings and events where we didn't want to be carrying around the big camera.  After researching a bunch of cameras, we settled on this one and it has been great for us.  It is very compact, and most times I just carry it in my pocket.  The battery life seems longer than other cameras that we have had, and we have rarely had to change it when we are out.  It has 8.0 megapixels, but multiple settings for whatever you need.  It has a great feature called "image stabilizer" that really helps with the clarity of pictures.  We have had cameras in the past that took blurry pictures if there was any movement whatsoever, and we haven't had that problem with this one.  It has a lot of cool features like a setting where you can pull just one color out in the picture that makes for a really neat effect.  The only issue that we have had is that if you zoom all the way in, the pictures sometimes get dark, but this hasn't been a big problem for us.  We LOVE this camera and would recommend it to anyone.

little canon, big boom.

from Las Vegas, NV

Comments about Canon PowerShot SD1100 IS / IXUS 80 IS Digital Camera:

I just have to say that despite the very few things would change about this model, i love this camera. It takes clear pictures, rain or shine, day or night, it has all the settings you could ever want. you can swap colors, or accent a certain color while having the rest of the photo in black and white, ther eis a kids and pets setting for those on-the-go moments, underwater and aquarium settings that make those little fishies colors pop right off; one of my favorite things is the fireworks setting, it times it perfectly every single time, show does it do that?! I get an awsome fireworks dislpay all year long. and since I have the canon pixma300 printer, all i have todo is plug the usb right in and picbridge prints for me, perfect every time.  I love that i can use the recording features, but i do think that could be a little better, it's not very clear when zooming in, even when it's really not that far to zoom, but still it's like i said, all in one on the go great for moms and dads who have to be everywhere all the time. I would recommend getting a pretty good SD card though so you can take pics and videos often without having to photo dump too often, and waiting too long and end up having to delete some precious photos to make room for more.

Cannon power shot rocks

from West Babylon, NY

Comments about Canon PowerShot SD1100 IS / IXUS 80 IS Digital Camera:

This camera rocks!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  It is so easy to learn about and use quickly.  It takes great pictures.  It is small and easy to throw in your bag.  Love cannon quality and will continue to buy updated cameras as necessary.

User friendly!

from Canoga Park, CA

Comments about Canon PowerShot SD1100 IS / IXUS 80 IS Digital Camera:

I bought this camera online in December 2008. I still have the camera, after torturing it, since I am a clutz when it comes to electronics, this has endured and continued to function like it did on day one. I really love that it is easy to use, and it is straight forward, point and shoot. Of course it is packed with extra functions, with settings for night shots, for a beach setting, also you can change for close ups and faraway shots to change the level of detail captured. Its great that it has face detection and red eye reduction. It takes great quality pictures, I also like the video quality. It is very crisp and clean. The issues i've had at times was that i've messed around too much with the settings and couldn't figure out how to make the images clear, same with the video. I think it might have to do the way the lenses adjust, but I'm not a camera expert. The overall point is that it is a great camera, easy to use, and takes great quality pictures! :)