3.7

3.7

Good camera

from Conover, NC

Comments about Canon - PowerShot G11 with 28mm lens Digital Camera:

I've owned the G11 for quite a while, and even though it's one of the most flexible point and shoots on the market, I honestly think that there are better options. First of all, the sensor that's in the G11 is the exact same size as the S90, but the S90 is smaller and has a faster lens to boot. The only features that should sway you from purchasing a G11 over an S90 is if you must have a swivel-LCD and an exposure compensation button on-body. Otherwise, it would make much more sense to spring for the S90. It offers the same image-quality but in a pocketable package--making it more likely capture unexpected moments and funner-looking photos. (I've taken the S90 into clubs or sometimes my iPhone, but I wouldn't dare to carry anything larger. Who would want to embarass themselves in that kind of setting?)

If you're looking to buy a G11, I recommend buying a micro-four-thirds camera instead. The cameras are similar in size, have DSLR sensors, and offer greater flexibility than the G11. Overall, I give the G11 a 3/5.

Always loved Canon cameras

from Hyannis, MA

Comments about Canon - PowerShot G11 with 28mm lens Digital Camera:

I have always preferred Canon cameras and had an old G6 which still works great but doesn't have the best stabilization and picture quality was starting to diminish.  So I upgraded to the G11 and have had no problems with it.  The macro mode is great if you are trying to take a close up picture and stabilization is much better on this model.  The only thing I don't like about this camera is I wish it had different preset modes.  I would prefer just a basic outdoor/nighttime/action setting.

Canon - PowerShot G11 with 28 mm lens..... I love my camera!

from Morrow, OH

Best Birthday Present

I love this camera! I am not the most technical person and this has been such an easy camera to use and to get awesome pictures.   I have used this camera to take "school pictures" for my youngest .  We had them enlarged into 8x10's and they really looked great.  No one could tell the difference.

The Canon G11 has many cool features.  I love that I can change the effects ( black and white, sepia, etc.) while still on the camera.   I love that I can zoom in on the pictures I've already taken.   It makes it easy to see how they will look if enlarged.  I also love how clear and beautiful the pictures are.   The best part is I don't have to work very hard to capture wonderful pictures.

The Canon G11 will also record awesome videos.   I have used this at my kids school functions (band concerts, ball games) to capture live action.   I have never been disappointed in the quality.

It is very easy to move the pictures and videos from the camera to my computer.  Just plug a cord in and go!

This camera is not overly expensive either.  I believe it's about midrange as far as price it concerned.