4.8

4.8

The Flip-Out Screen Makes the G11

from Washington, DC

Comments about Canon - PowerShot G11 Digital Camera:

I had a G1 and I loved it. It lasted forever and (especially for the time) took fantastic pictures. I had a G3 and I loved it. Features were improved upon and no negative changes were introduced. Then the Canon G series took a turn for the worse and dropped the flip-out screen and added a bunch of bells (no whistles). But with the G11 I felt like they were back on track and am thrilled with my camera.

One of my favorite things about the G series is that the cameras do very little processing to a photo. This means that you have to have a little skill as a photographer. Not as much as lugging around an idiotic and massive dSLR, but more than a point-and-shoot (which I don't like because it makes people look waxy or dusty or whatever goofy processor they have going does).

I also adore the flip-out lens. It's great for getting pictures of kids, but even more for getting shots at odd angles from a perspective other than the normal two options of "standing" and "crouched" photographer.

There's the added bonus of being able to shoot in RAW format - not many cameras have that.

This camera is a beast. I have dropped it many times, left it out in the cold, and taken it in the rain. It still works as well as it did the first day. Highly recommended.

Canon never dissapoints!

from Miami, FL

Comments about Canon - PowerShot G11 Digital Camera:

I bought this camera for my travel to Japan this year. I didn't have to worry about quality image because I have been a Canon customer since 2004 (the year I got my first digital camera). Well, the camera itself is fantastic!This camera has 10 megapixels, 2.8" screen (wide-angle screen rotation is awesome). Optic zoom 5x (not the best) but you know what it's definitely what makes this camera to ROCK? RAW pictures. I'm a web designer and I do like to take a lot of pictures and play with them so RAW gives me exactly what I need.Let's not forget bout the processor DIGIC4. Remember it goes from 80-to-3200 ISO. Amazing, isn't it?I can't argue about price, I'm definitely one of those guys that paid for quality but.. it would have been AWESOME if the HDMI port would have came along with HD recording. That's the ony thing I can complain about.If you're lookin' for a camera that does everything and also... take beautiful pictures ha!, this is the best choice. TRUST ME ;-)

Better than most entry level DSLR's

from Fremont, CA

Comments about Canon - PowerShot G11 Digital Camera:

I bought this for my wife earlier this year.  Wow, this camera has a lot of settings.  I am no camera guru, so I usually keep the settings at auto when taking photos, and the pictures still come out amazing.  She, on the other hand, experiments with the shutter speed, lighting, etc., and has taken some really nice photos.  She takes a lot of landscape photos, photos around the house, and photos of her cooking.  Pictures of food she has taken comes out much clearer than our older point and shoot Canon.  No offense the the point and shoot Elph series, as they do have their place.  Those are much more portable, but the picture quality definitely suffers.  This is the main camera we take with us on trips now since it is so much more versatile.  I need to look for a lens kit and filter for this camera.  I'll have to do some research and see what works best though.  This is not a cheap camera, so make sure you are ready to learn how to use this fancy camera before you invest money into it.

Canon PowerShot G11= Great step up from your point and shoot

from Ogden, UT

Comments about Canon - PowerShot G11 Digital Camera:

Here are some fabulous facts about the Canon G11. The weight, shape and size of this camera feels just right in my hands.  The LCD screen is bright, large and maneuverable. It flips around so you can easily take self portraits or rotate it all the way around so you can close it while snapping shots with the viewfinder. I love that i don't have to smudge the LCD screen all the day long.  It shoots movies. I was told by the guy who sold it to me that, *all the pros are carrying this model as their back up. *A very user-friendly camera. The viewfinder spells out what every symbol and icon means, which is really nice when you don't have the user manual at the ready. Plus, there are lots of ways to customize the settings to your liking.  Its* high sensitivity sensor* means it shakes less in low light and is keen on taking clear shots. i am the queen of blurry photos, so i'm excited to see how this baby works for me.  It's so simple, a stranger can use it.* *

Canon Powershot G11 is simply amazing. :)

from Las Vegas, NV

Comments about Canon - PowerShot G11 Digital Camera:

I have previously purchased digital cameras in the past, though I had the best luck with Sony cameras, it still was not what I was looking for.

What I was looking for, specifically, was to be able to take clear crisp photos indoors, under low lighting conditions without having to hold the camera impossibly still and wait for the shot. I have had that problem with every other camera I have owned. The pictures would come out looking a bit blurry or you would have to use the flash for indoor pictures. The Canon Powershot G11 has on top of many great features a "low-light" setting. Indoors or out, just point and shoot and in about a fraction of a second you got the shot, very quickly and great quality.

When researching cameras, one feature that I had to have was the tilt and swivel LCD screen. Allowing you to move the LCD in many different directions, which helps to get unusual angles at things. But for me, it was a must have for self portraits. You can litterally see exactly the picture you will take..before you take it.

Another favorite feature is the macro. Macro allows you to take very close up photos, focusing on the details of the subject and softly blurring the background. Well with the Canon Powershot G11 I couldnt be more pleased with how close you are able to get and how beautiful and professional looking the results are. I've personally took macro photos of baby humming birds in the nest, ladybugs on foliage and even bee's. With this camera I have captured such impressive photos that, just a couple years ago I never would have thought I could call my own.

It is very compact for the power it posesses. It has a lot of features to get creative with, but also has an "auto" mode that chooses the right settings automatically, for a more simple approach. You can also attach other lenses to it which is a big plus.. As the zoom is not the best, but you can buy a zoom lense for it. Or a wide angle lense. Very fun stuff!