Other Digital Cameras:

Canon - PowerShot ELPH 300 HS Digital Camera

Pros

Cons

• Portability:

This little camera rocks!

Comments about Canon - PowerShot ELPH 300 HS Digital Camera:

This camera is a great little compact camera that fits in any pocket or pouch you want to put it in.

Image Quality
I've found the only time I get slightly grainy pictures is during twilight hours, though a couple of different settings seem to help with that.

I've had this camera for 2 years now and it's AMAZING!

Settings are easy to find and easy to use. The video setting are super simple as well - the push of a button records a video.

I've dropped it and my son dropped it in a shallow puddle and it still works wonderfully. I keep it in a cover that is attached to the bottom and wraps around it. It looks as good as the day I got it!

Battery Life
I think I charge the battery in my camera every 3-4 months - and I take a decent number of pictures every month - around 2000 or so.

Portability
Tuck this camera into the pocket on your coat or a pouch in your purse and have it anytime you could possibly want it. I LOVE this camera simply for the fact that it's always at the ready in the pouch in my purse.

• Portability:

Nice little camera that does the trick!

from Southlake, TX

Comments about Canon - PowerShot ELPH 300 HS Digital Camera:

This camera is very light, compact, easy-to-use and takes great pictures.

Image Quality
The images are clear and sharp.

I've had this camera for at least a couple of years and it is still going strong.

The only problem I have with it is the button that turns it on is way to close to the button that you use to snap the picture.

I keep mine in a camera bag when not in use and haven't dropped it when not in the bag, so I can't rate it on being dropped, etc.

Battery Life
I don't have to charge the battery very often, but then I'm not constantly using the camera. I also have a spare battery that I can change out when the first one dies.

Portability
Very lightweight and compact - easy to carry in a purse or pocket.

• Portability:

Great camera for someone who always wants a camera with her!

Comments about Canon - PowerShot ELPH 300 HS Digital Camera:

I was in the market for a new camera and wanted something small enough that I could fit in a purse, but would still take remarkable photos. This camera has far exceeded my expectations. The quality of the pictures is great and I've used it in all different types of settings-- close up, far way, night time, city landscapes, floral/landscape, portraits etc. Have only owned it for about 6 months, but have been extremely happy with my purchase.

Image Quality
Very clear and crisp photos even when using the digital zoom.

Overall, the buttons are intuitive, but it took me a couple of times to figure out how to set the flash to always on/always off. Everything else is straightforward!

Battery Life
Haven't had issues with battery life except with extreme usage during a trip to Nashville, but I was taking a lot of video. It didn't take very long to charge the battery and start shooting pictures again!

Portability
Love it! Fits in a small wristlet or in a back pocket for ultra portability! One of the main reasons I wanted a new camera was for portability, but didn't have to sacrifice quality to get it!

• Portability:

Go more expensive, especially for videos - this one is mediocre

from Bradenton, FL

Comments about Canon - PowerShot ELPH 300 HS Digital Camera:

Good everyday camera, but a couple of complaints. The video tends to blur at time which is very annoying! You shoot a video and then review it later and it is completely unusable and blurred throughout! How disappointing for those big moments when you are videoing something and then realize later that the footage is no good!

I think this especially seems to happen when you are zooming and the camera lens just cannot handle it. If given the chance again, i would purchase a more expensive camera. Also, there is some background noise with the video, seems to almost be from the mic picking up windy noises or something. Noticing more often than not. I feel the lens quality has suffered, I had some cheaper older Canons which worked better than this!

Image Quality
Image quality for still pictures is good except in low light. Then it can be blurry or grainy a lot of times.

Video performance very disappointing.

Simple to use.