Other Digital Cameras:
Canon
SX130IS
Canon PowerShot Digital Camera

Canon PowerShot Digital Camera

Great camera to begin to learn DSLR

from Ashland, OH

Comments about Canon PowerShot Digital Camera:

This camera has a lot of the same features as a DSLR, without the price tag. I am not a professional photographer and do not pretend to be, but I have been trying to learn how to take better pictures of my kids. I exclusively shoot in one of the 4 manual modes and I have learned a lot about the different aspects of photography. With that being said, there are some great pre-sets on here. I like auto mode and the ease of changing the white balance especially when I have others take pictures with my camera.

Image Quality
The camera takes great quality pictures, either printed from home or from a website

There are a ton of options. You can easily shoot from auto or you can try all the other features that are pretty much completely customizable.

It's a heavy duty camera that feels very durable.

Battery Life
My only complaint is that this takes regular batteries rather than rechargeable lithium battery. We bought rechargeable so it's not a huge deal, but I don't feel as though they last as long as a lithium battery.

• Image Quality:
  • Battery Life:
  • Portability:

Great for day to day use.

from Fort Worth, TX

Comments about Canon PowerShot Digital Camera:

It is a great camera but I go through batteries almost weekly.

Battery Life
I use my camera maybe 2-4 hours per week and the it drains the battery weekly. Not sure if this is a defect or some other issue but I think I have paid more in batteries than I have for the camera.

• Image Quality: