Other Digital Cameras:
Canon
Canon - PowerShot A630 Digital Camera

Canon - PowerShot A630 Digital Camera

Canon PowerShot A630: So easy, so many options, great photos

I am a photoaholic.  I've always enjoys taking photos, scrapbooking and framing.  As a Mom of two gorgeous children, it is hard to just not be snap happy.  My prize camera for taking my Christmas card photos or Easter portraits is my [Canon Digital Rebel XS][1]   However the PowerShot A630 is a great camera that produces above average photos.  There are times, like when horseback riding or touring New York city, that I don't want the weight or the expense of my Canon Digital Rebel XS strapped on but I still want to be able to get great photos.   That's when the PowerShot A630 is the perfect camera.

The Canon PowerShot A630 has 21 shooting modes, including video, with 8 mega pixel resolution.

You do have to purchase a memory card and it also needs four AA batteries.

**What I really like about the Canon PowerShot A630:**

It's so lightweight- under a pound.  It has a wrist strap and it is easy to carry or lightweight enough to throw in your purse.

The flip out LCD screen is large and makes it so easy to see what you are photographing or videoing.  You never have to look through a tiny peephole or try to decide if the picture is good based on a tiny square.

Of course the most important component of a camera is the photograph outcome.  I 've been very pleased with both the clarity and color and the nice, crisp edges, especially in landscape and sky photos.

***My Viewpoint:*** The Canon PowerShot A630 is a great, lightweight camera that offers above average photograph capability.  It is easy enough for a novice to use but has enough options to please an experience photographer as well.  The large, flip out LCD screen is a big plus.

[1]: http://www.viewpoints.com/Canon-EOS-Digital-Rebel-XS-1000D-Digital-Camera-with-18-55mm-IS-lens-review-0e2f5

Canon Powershot is easy to use for the beginner

I've had this camera for a few years and had originally purchased it as one to use until I could get a nicer camera with focusing ability.  This camera does give you a little bit of zoom and the ability to do an autoflash or turn the flash off, with several different settings for people, night time, foilage, etc.  I've found that most of the pictures that I take when it is not on the auto setting come out very blurry.  I have been able to get some pretty clear pictures by turning the flash off.  The flash unit only lasted a couple of years, we recently had to purchase a used part off of Ebay to get ours to work again.  I would recommend a camera with a flip screen as this one has gotten pretty scratched up over the time we have been using it.  It's not a camera to be used if you're trying to take any pictures of fast moving objects, it's a little too slow for that.  But for simple every day use it works just fine.

Turned me into a photo taking junkie !

from Minneapolis, MN

Comments about Canon - PowerShot A630 Digital Camera:

This is my second Canon digital camera.  I loved the first one but my hubby thought I needed an upgrade and got me this one for Christmas.  I'm having a great time documenting our lives, from family events to vacations.  I'm not very technical, so this is the perfect camera for me.  Its easy to use and if I can't figure something out, the manual is easy to understand.  Nice sharp photos.  I love the flip out view screen - it makes it really easy to shoot difficult scenes.  I just keep an extra set of rechargable batteries in my camera case so I am always ready, even when the batteries in the camera wear down.  It does have a pretty long battery life - I don't have to replace them too often.  I do have a bit of a problem focusing on close up items, but that is probably due to my inexperience.  There are alot of advanced features I don't use, but this is a great camera for both the novice and experienced user.  I really like the pre-programmed settings for different scenes. The viewing screen is nice and big so I can preview my photos easily.  I highly recommend this camera to anyone - you will take great photos.  The photo attached is one I took on our last vacation, using the night scene and no flash.  Please click on it to see the whole photo - If I can do that -- anyone can !

Shoots RAW

from Brooklyn, NY

Comments about Canon - PowerShot A630 Digital Camera:

This is a sturdy little camera that takes great shots. I particularly like the swing-out view screen - it allows you to take pictures from many different angles and actually see what you're doing. And it also has an optical viewfinder, which is rare for a viewfinder.The main reason I bought this camera is that, with a hack that you can find online, you can shoot RAW. If you're shooting RAW, you know how important this is - if you're not, go find out about it!

What a great camera.

from Eufaula, OK

Comments about Canon - PowerShot A630 Digital Camera:

We needed a new camera and we needed a new digital camera and so I shopped around.  Found out that we didn't need both with this nifty digital camera.  This Canon PowerShot is so easy to use, as simple as a regular camera and more versitile and convenient.  And if all that isn't enough, the video capacity is great as long as you purchase a larger memory card tho.  It didn't take uslong at all to begin understanding and using this camera compared to the first digital cameras that hit the market which ate batteries like Godzilla on steroids.  Great gift idea as well.

I Love it!

from Eufaula, OK

Comments about Canon - PowerShot A630 Digital Camera:

Owned the first digital camera to hit the market eons ago and hated it!  But when my husband suprised me this year with the Canon Power shot for Mother's Day, I hit the ground running and found this easy to understand and use.  Can't wait to try more lenses!

Buy Buy

from Orlando, FL

Comments about Canon - PowerShot A630 Digital Camera:

It is a very easy to use. Perfect for anyone that knows nothing about digital camera. It has a large view screen that rotates. I like this feature because when you use the movie feature it allows you to hold the camera above you head to record the images that you what and still be able to still see what you are recording.

A very good overall midrange digital camera

from Indianapolis, IN

Comments about Canon - PowerShot A630 Digital Camera:

I own this camera for over a year and quite satisfied with its performance, versatility  and ease of use. It is loaded with plenty of features in a relatively compact body. It is faster than average camera in this price range. Most impressive is picture quality. There is only one thing I do not like - a relatively noisy zoom mechanism. Overall Canon A630 is a very good camera.

It's a great camera - I would recommend to anyone!

from Mansfield, PA

Comments about Canon - PowerShot A630 Digital Camera:

This camera is great. It has 21 shooting modes, 4.0x Optical zoom, 16x combined zoom, easy to use software program and so much more. It's so easy to use and the quality of the pictures is fabulous! We've used it indoors, outdoors, dark lighting, nighttime, bright sunshine, and more. Modes include portrait, automatic, nighttime, and so much more. The Zoombrowser software is also easy to use - even for basic editing of pictures. We are totally pleased with the quality.

Good camera with lots of features

from Titusville, PA

Comments about Canon - PowerShot A630 Digital Camera:

This has been a good introduction for my first digital camera.  I'm an amateur photographer and wanted one with lots of manual settings and the ability to switch lenses but did not want to pay the price for an SLR.  I am very happy with this camera.

good product- horrible customer service

from Austin, TX

Comments about Canon - PowerShot A630 Digital Camera:

My powershot takes great pictures and videos, and i really like the features it has on it (color accent makes pictures 10x more exciting!). however, my camera has broken randomly, without dropping it or spilling on it, 4 times under warranty. Now i send it in to the customer service and although it is under warranty and the repair is free, i still dont expect it to take 2 months to fix a lense. Also, as soon as the warranty ends, even if you're like me and have been having consistent problems with it, they will refuse to help. The product alone is great but the service and lifetime of it sort of brings it down.

User friendly but also very versatile.

from Anderson, SC

Comments about Canon - PowerShot A630 Digital Camera:

This camera is very versatile. It has all the latest advancements for the more experienced user but will not intimidate the novice.Comes with a basic and an advanced user guides. You can interchange lens and direct printfrom the camera. Our first printed pictures were incrediblely clear and the colors were deep and true to life. If your are in the market for a new camera that can be used by both the advanced picture taker and the person who just wants to point and click, then take a look at this one.