Other Digital Cameras:
Canon
Canon - PowerShot A620 Digital Camera

Canon - PowerShot A620 Digital Camera

OUTSTANDING image quality!!

My great aunt (appx 75 yrs old) bought this camera to go with her canon all-in-one printer. After she purchased it, she called me and asked if I would come and set it up for her. I did. This camera blew me away with its simplicity and image quality! There are a few reasons why I would recommend this camera to anyone...1. **Picture quality**: Many cameras boast 10 megapixel (or even more). But what are they really tranlating to a printed out picture? Usually ALOT less. They use interpolated megapixels. This means that they capture the image at 5 megapixel, but the camera processes and extra pixel for every true pixel, thus, you have 10 megapixels. The result: inadequate picture quality. This is not true for this Canon. The image quality is amazing! When I printed a picture, It looked better that what you would get from a photo lab!!2. **Ease of use**: Don't get me wrong, this camera has many shooting modes and ways to tweak settings for image capture. But, when it comes to a beginner using a camera, this one is almost too easy. Just use the auto mode, point and shoot. Thats it! You will get a beautiful picture almost every time! Computer interface is just as easy. The software is self-explanatory. All-in-all, this is the perfect camera for a first-timer.....just ask my 75 yr old aunt!In the world of digital cams, there are way too many to choose from. And, many are alot less quality than they boast. The powershot A620 is the perfect camera for a beginner and will do everything and more than its peers.

CANON- pwer shot A620- to capture those lovely moments

Guys i can give you all one guarantee that you can very well take this camera to the middle of the waterfall at niagara. Yes you can take it to capture those very lovely, breathtaking, nostalgic and memorable movements. I am not saying that the camera will not give away. We took the snaps right in middle of the nigara waterfall and the camera just gave way. Its most of the features like night shot and video and all that just stopped working and we were very disappointed. But then after 10 days what we guess is that the circuits that were mosit and had water all evaporated and camera came back to its normal self. I can tell you its really durable and we have been having this little guy with us for the past 2 and half years. So i will really like to recommend this brand and also this specific camera to all those guys who are looking for durability along with cost effectiveness. The only reason i gave it 3 is that its a little bulky and not sleek like the latest camears.

This is the most versatile camera for the begining photographer.

from Titusville, FL

Comments about Canon - PowerShot A620 Digital Camera:

I had bought this Camera after mine was stolen. The 7.1 megapixels is a great level for the new photographer. This camera has all the ability of a Professional camera. I took alot of pictures at the concerts of the band I used to manage and they were some of the best ones ever taken of the guys. I also used this camera to do photography shoots for numerous families and friends. So if your looking for a camera that is not extremely wallet crunching but reliable then this is the camera for you.

This is one of the best digital cameras I have used.

from Canon City, CO

Comments about Canon - PowerShot A620 Digital Camera:

We received this camera as a gift and have been crazy about it.  Our kids are 5 and 7 and take good, sometimes great pictures with this camera.  My wife and I use it a lot and especially like the movie feature to capture those life moments that are better memories when in video form.  Canon has done a fabulous job.  We tried other cameras, both in the stores and ones that friends and family owned and really liked this one the most.

The PowerShot is a Versatile Camera

from Spirit Lake, IA

Comments about Canon - PowerShot A620 Digital Camera:

I've had my PowerShot for 4.5 years now and I continue to use it regularly. This is a great easy-to-use camera for beginners. The settings are simple and I love how the display is flexible for taking pictures using odd angles. About a year and a half ago I was collecting shells in the ocean and had some saltwater splash up on the camera. I opted to spend the money to have it repaired instead of purchasing a new one. It continues to work great!

I now have a DSLR so this is the camera I toss in my purse or diaper bag to catch candid shots of my little daughter. I also took this one on canoe trips as I have been known to tip a canoe and didn't want to ruin my DSLR.

I love that it has the video option. I attached it to a tripod last fall and my husband actually used it to record my brother's wedding ceremony. The quality wasn't professional by any means, but at least they have something to remember their wedding.

I've used this camera in many different environments: camping trips, fireworks, indoor settings, closeups of flowers and it works great in every situation. Now the quality of the photo does deteriorate when you zoom in, but that's to be expected.

I have Duracell rechargeable batteries in this now and they last a long time and recharge quickly. I've also upgraded to a 2GB memory card. I would definitely recommend this camera to any novice photographer.

PowerShot a620--Powah

from Davis, CA

Comments about Canon - PowerShot A620 Digital Camera:

The Canon PowerShot A620 is a fine digital camera. The 7.1 megapixels that it contains is a powerful attribute of a camera, especially combined with its 4x optical (not digital) zoom. The storage for this camera is SD/MMC (however, I believe a microSD with a microSD to SD card will also work). You can connect the camera to the computer via a USB cable, however I do not recommend it. The cover flap over the USB port is a little flimsy compared to the hard plastic covering the SD/MMC card slot. I recommend using the SD card with an SD card reader. The camera has a 2.0 inch LCD screen that can swivel (very nice when you want to extend the camera over your head while trying to view the object). In addition there is a viewfinder. When you turn on the camera, it loads really fast and you can easily point and shoot within matters of seconds. This is a fantastic camera, the only notable problem being that its not exactly light weight. This camera requires 4 AA batteries (however these are relatively simple to find and you don’t have to wait for a battery pack to recharge). Despite its chunkiness, this camera is great for those that want a good digital camera.

Awesome Camera, Love it!!!

from Portland, OR

Comments about Canon - PowerShot A620 Digital Camera:

I have been a faithful user of the Canon powershot A620 for many years now and I still love it. The pictures come out very clear, great zoom and I love that the profile setting you can zoom even closer! My mother and sister are alwasy very impressed when I send them photos and have asked me several times what camera I have. I also love that it will take videos as well. The digital screen is clear and not pixelated. You can also zoom in on a picture you have already taken. I have yet to explore this cameras full potential even though I've owed it for a long time. Lots of things you can do with this. It's also very durable which is a great thing when you have a curious 4 year old who likes to take pictures! I've never had any problems with this camera and would totally recommend ut to anyone. Easy to use for beginners and pretty self explanatory. The only downside I can think of is it's a tiny bit on the big side as if won't fit into pants pocket but it suits me just fine!

Canon A620: Quality Point and Shoot

from Burlington, WA

Comments about Canon - PowerShot A620 Digital Camera:

Bought this camera in 2006 for a trip to Europe and I Have not needed to replace it since then. The Canon A620 has been a steady and reliable performer that takes good quality pictures. It is on the big side, but instead of feeling bulky, the camera feels sturdy and solid. I accidentally dropped the camera once and part of the front does not fit flush anymore, however the camera still works perfectly. It runs on 4 AA batteries, which I prefer over a rechargable battery pack as you can always find AA batteries. Battery life is excellent (I have gone over 400 shots without having to recharge the batteries). I also like that the LCD screen can swival 360 degrees. It is useful to tilt down when holding the camera over your head (think in a crowd situtation). This feature also ensures the screen is protected when the camera is not in use. Overall, the camera is perfect for non-serious users that don't mind having a slightly larger camera.

the cannon powershot a620 has reliable sond and is increadable

from Scottsburg, OR

Comments about Canon - PowerShot A620 Digital Camera:

My son and i have used this camera for over two years, and we like it for the following reasons, the batteries last a long time, and they are regular batteries so you can get them anywhere, and the picture is clear, with varyable zoom, settings and bright flash.the vidio on this camera last a long time and is crystle clear. downloading to my computer is easy and anyone could do it. its small, compact and light, with a flip around screen so you can monitor the pics your takeing. it holds plenty of pics with a removeable card to add more pics, and easy to remove and replace. its durable and we have dropped it servale times and still works like brand new

Great camera

from Saint Louis, MO

Comments about Canon - PowerShot A620 Digital Camera:

I LOVE this camera. I've shot nearly 10,000 photos in a little over a year and it's still going strong. I've never had any problems with it. I've even had some of my photos in art shows and exhibitions. It's a point and shoot camera with plenty of manual settings. It's user friendly too, you can shoot totally automatic and get good shots.

easy to use camera

from Schertz, TX

Comments about Canon - PowerShot A620 Digital Camera:

I am far from a professional photographer, and using my Canon Power Shot A620 makes it easy to not be one.The folding out and flip ability of the the photo screen is easy.  You don't have to worry about scratching the screen.  It has many features for such a non-professional camera.  The pictures are fibrent and clear.  You can even use the video feature to edit and still shot pictures too.  The videos are sharp and the volume is pretty clear.  I love how you can custom set the cameras features, like the opening picture and the sounds during the picture taking.  Very easy to download to computer or just from the SD card.  The battery life is kind of good, not too bad for the size of the camera.  I don't like how heavy the camera is though, wish it was a bit lighter.  Very good price for everything it does.

Cannon A620 - My Search Ended here !!

from Naperville, IL

Comments about Canon - PowerShot A620 Digital Camera:

I was in a dilemma as to which digital camera I should choose, a camera  that has all the features I wanted and my search ended here at **CANNON A620 POWER SHOT **!!  It has a 7.2 mega pixel,4X Zoom lens,Digital II Processor,Full photographic control,Top shutter speed,Optional wide and tele converter lens,2.0 inch vari angle LCD,20 shooting modes etc.**Result : Awesome and perfect Pictures **!!! So,Just aim and shoot ,good enough for an amatuer photographer to feel  professional.Go for it and you will never repent !!