Other Digital Cameras:

Cons

Rediscover the world again thru the Canon P/S A560

****

****

Ever feel like your moving so fast in the world that you don't even realize that you've forgotten the "little" things in life? Well I was doing just that and I had a life changing event and found beauty once again in my Canon A560 camera.

My Canon A560 fits my hand and gives me the ability to take pictures at a moments notice. It's easy to use and to download into your computer to edit pictures. The pictures taken from this great camera can be printed out on quality photo paper and they look like professional quality.

I especially love the viewer screen, it's a perfect size and it's easy to edit your picture then or later. The Menu button is so easy to use and you learn every day how to take better pictures. I'm a great eraser, I love the feature to rotate my picture and it saves time so I don't have to edit later. Ever forget when a picture was taken? Well, you have the ability to know the date!

This was (and still is) my first Digital Camera and I can can honestly say I was more than a little scared to use it. What were all those buttons? Could I take pictures and create the memories o my family and friends?

The Canon A560 is such a great camera! I would recommend it to everyone. First thing though, read the manual and have the camera handy so you will be able to follow the manual and know where and what the functions are! Then take the camera and experiment with it. It allows you to take pictures and you can learn how to rotate, edit the red eyes, lights, sound.....let it open up a new world to you, one we used to know and forgot!

The only complaint that I had was the fact the low battery sign was constantly coming on! It was frustrating to grab the camera to take that picture you'll never see again (of course you will!) plus the fact it's expensive to buy batteries all the time or forget them altogether and then your out of commision. But wait! I found that if I used a Lithium battery my problem was solved. In the long run it's less expensive to use the Lithium batteries and now my camera is always ready and waiting for me!

I would recommend the Canon A560 camera to all everyone. It gives the quality pictures that you want and has the features that take you in a new direction......I loved the erase feature. Once it's on your computer I usually clear out my camera and this saves space but you still have those memories.  If you need a way to relax, get fresh air and exercise try using this wonderful camera. It will open up your eyes and you'll soon appreciate and realize those learing experiences when we were young and we filed away are still there. Recently I was able to get a fantastic picture of a Hummingbird and the detail was clear that only then did I see how these little birds work so hard and add such beauty.

The canon powershotA560 is great- for a year

I bought this camera very shorty after it was released.  I was going on a vacation and desperately needed a new camera as my other one was at least 5 years old and not doing so well.  I had read many reviews before settling on this particular model, and everyone had very positive things to say about it.

I received the camera, and began playing with it so I could get the feel of it before my trip.  It is pretty user friendly, and I could figure it out very quickly.   This is certainly more than I can say for other cameras! I went on my trip, and all of the pictures I took came out beautifully.

A year later, I was going on another vacation and brought the camera with me.  By the time the trip was over (it was only for a week), the quality of the images decreased dramatically.  I had used the camera on a regular basis prior to this second trip, so this was a surprise.

I spoke with canon, and they refused to do anything about it.  I talked with my other owners of the camera, and amazingly enough, every single 1 had this problem, and all around the 1 year point.

My advice- spend your money elsewhere.

I have had it for years!

Comments about Canon - PowerShot A560 Digital Camera:

I can't say enough good things about this camera. The first one I had, broke because my niece threw it at the kitchen floor. The camera actually held up quite well and I'm sure it was an easy fix, but I decided to just buy a new one. I can't remember what the price was exactly, but I do know that it was an average price for a camera like this. It came with a cord to plug into the computer, a memory card and a carrying case. Eventually the strap on the carrying case broke, but it wasn't a big deal. This camera was very easy to get started with and it's simple to use. It has so many features that I haven't even used them all in the past 5 years. I just mainly use this camera for simple pictures and videos. The picture and video quality is amazing. I rarely get a bad picture even if a person is in motion. I use rechargeable batteries in mine now, but I used to use regular batteries as well and they last quite a while. The camera doesn't seem to drain them fast at all. This camera has been through a lot and it's still working great. I would recommend it to anyone. I think it would even be great for professional pictures as well.

Decent, but lacking

from Vienna, WV

Comments about Canon - PowerShot A560 Digital Camera:

This camera served me well for a while, but honestly now (2013) there are much better options for not too much money. One major thing lacking is the ability to take HD video. It does take video, but the quality is so poor that it’s hardly worth it. That is a major drawback. It doesn’t have a lot of fancy settings, which is good for a lot of people. But I like a few more features, not that I know anything about photography. The camera I have which replaced this one has a “cat” setting, which takes much better pictures of my cat. The zoom on this camera is not very far. All that said, though, it’s a perfectly fine camera if you can get it on a good deal. It just doesn’t have a lot of bells and whistles.

Image Quality
7.1 Megapixels. no HD video

it does what it says it will do, though flash can take a while to recharge

not too complicated

it's held up well

Battery Life
it does seem to eat batteries, but most cameras do.

Portability
not the smallest out there.

• Portability:

Easy to use but requires batteries and is a bit bulkier

Comments about Canon - PowerShot A560 Digital Camera:

Although this camera is a bit old now, it is still very functional. It has great features as a point and shoot camera such as landscape, night, portrait settings, etc. The only bad part of this is that it requires batteries and that is a little bit bulkier than other cameras.

• Portability:

Canon- Power Shot A560 takes perfecr pictures everytime.

from Greenwood, SC

Comments about Canon - PowerShot A560 Digital Camera:

The Canon Power-Shot A560 is a wonderful camera. It is very easy to take pictures. The pictures download easily on to my printer and also my PC. This is the very first digital camera I have owned. I have been well pleased with it. Pictures are very good quality when I print them. It is small enough so it does not get in your way when you need to carry it places. The memory card holds lots of pictures. Of course, you can always delete the ones that do not turn out so good. We live in the country and grow flowers and my husband loves to take pictures of the flowers when in bloom. He sort of has a knack for picture taking.I would highly reccomend this camera. It has not given me any trouble at all. I am still in the process of learning all the features on the camera. It is amazing how items so small have so many things to learn on them. We take the camera most every where we go. You never know waht you will see as you journey out. Again the Canon Power shot is an excellent versatile camera.

The Cannon A-560 is the only digital camera I have ever owned. It takes excellent pictires. Our daugher lives 200 miles from oue home and she likes for us to keep in touch with pictures. It is very easy to download pictures to the PC. The pictures are very high quality. I would not think of owning anything else.

• Portability:

Great images and easy to use.

from Pulaski, TN

Comments about Canon - PowerShot A560 Digital Camera:

I have had my camera for a week and I think it is absolutely great.  I don't think I could have picked a better camera for the price.  It is very simple to use and takes great pictures.  I have a very active child and it is much quicker capturing him than my old digital camera was.  In all reality, I don't find that it drains the batteries any quicker than the other digital cameras that I have had.   The only thing so far that I can say negative about it is that it needed a much larger SD card.

my Canon ROCKS!!

from O Fallon, MO

Comments about Canon - PowerShot A560 Digital Camera:

I just love the picture quality and it is really easy to use!  The LCD screen is large and clear.  The buttons are easy to use, and viewing pictures is a sinch.  I am so happy with my camera, my last camera was a Canon 35mm, I loved that camera too.   I am pleased with the products Canon puts out there.  Great price too!!

Very good camera for the price

from Berryville, AR

Comments about Canon - PowerShot A560 Digital Camera:

I was very suprised at the picture quality of this camera. Low light shots (indoors) were not that great, but you take this camera outside, and that's where it is superb. I highly recommend this camera, and also, get an extra SD card with your purchase. The 16MB that it comes with isn't worth anything.

5 mos. in, the "low battery sign" is my constant companion.:(

from Warren, MI

Comments about Canon - PowerShot A560 Digital Camera:

I love this camera. Great pictures. Ours came with a large memory card. Good features for basically a point and shoot. The only problem we've had is that 5 months into owning it (bought new) suddenly, no matter what we do, the low battery sign comes on within 3-5 pictures taken. Every time.:(  It might be just my particular camera though because the only thing online we could find to do was to clean the battery contacts. So, we'll be (hopefully) returning it for the same camera.All in all, Good buy, just unhappy at the moment.

This is a quality product for the money and very simple to use.

from Arlington, TN

Comments about Canon - PowerShot A560 Digital Camera:

I have a different Canon digital camera which I love.  I selected this particular one as a gift for my mother who doesn't want anything complicated to worry about.  After trying it out, I found this camera simple to use, easy to handle, and very capable of taking great pictures.  I know my mother is going to enjoy joining us in the digital age with her new camera.

If only all cameras worked this easily.

from Waukegan, IL

Comments about Canon - PowerShot A560 Digital Camera:

This is my 3rd digital camera and so far it is the best one I have ever owned. I had purchased this camera at the beginning of Nov. 2007. I had previously owned a Canon so when it came time to get a new one, I knew what brand I wanted. The camera is completely affordable and works great for the money. It has meet all of my expectations and even more. It is so user friendly and easy to use. I like how the buttons are just the right size and not too small. I love the size of the camera too. It's not to small and not to big either. I have 2 new babies in the family and this camera can actually keep up with them. It has so many different settings and all of them work great. I was shocked on how great the quality of the pictures were.  The video quality is excellent also. There are only a few negative things about the camera. The memory card it comes with isn't big enough. It doesn't hold very many pictures at all. So you're going to have to buy a bigger one.  The zoom buttons still frustrate me a little because I can't ever seem to get it right. I'm constantly zooming in when I'm trying to zoom out. The battery life is not bad at all. The camera itself came with batteries and I'm still using them. Actually the battery icon just came on for the first time today. I have taken about 200 pictures if not more with those batteries. Overall, the camera is awesome. Great pictures, great quality, and it's affordable.