Other Digital Cameras:

Canon - PowerShot A540 Digital Camera

Pros

Cons

• Portability:

Canon Powershot is easy to use.

I am not sure why I choose to get a Canon PowerShot A540 Digital Camera after we had our house fire and my old Olympus digital camera got melted but it has worked good for me and that is all I really needed. I just opened the box and got to taking pictures, it was easy to figure out I did not need the instructions until I wanted to more complicated things. I am no pro but I like to take more than just the same old lame snapshots. I like to try out the different features because why buy something with tons of features and only use one of them why not just buy something that just does that one thing it be cheaper. I also got rechargeable batteries when I bought this so that I would never have to buy batteries again for the camera. Those babies are still going strong. Not water proof but at least it did not get damaged when my & the wife went to Niagar Falls because it sure got wet but it still works just fine. I do not miss my old olympus at all. Only complaint is that the memory card it came with was really small but it was pretty cheap to get a bigger one.

amazing photos but runs out of batteries quiclky

my friend has this camera and when we take pictures with this camera, i was amazed on how well the pictures qualities turned out to be. i never had a canon camera before but when i saw how well the picture quality turned out, i wanted one as well but have to wait until my old camera breaks before i can buy another one. although i do not like how bulky and heavy the camera, also the fact tht the camera is used with non rechargable batteries which is a con for me because i did noticed that her camera would run out of batteries really quickly and she would not have a spare batteries so we would have to go to the nearest drugstore to buy it and i found it to be such a hassle. if i would buy a canon camer, which is a definite thing i would buy the ones that contains a rechargable battery. another reason why i didnt like it was because of the big bump on the camera from the double A batteries ans the ones without look more slimer.

My first digital camera

from Greenville, SC

Comments about Canon - PowerShot A540 Digital Camera:

This camera was my very first ever digital camera. I got it about 6 years ago. I asked my dad for a digital camera for Christmas and this is the one he picked for me. It was a great camera although I have since upgraded to a new Cannon. This camera is great for beginners. It's pretty bulky since it takes 2 AA batteries. Don't try to cram it into your pocket. The nice thing about it taking 2 AA batteries is that you never have to worry about charging batteries (or forgetting to bring your charger with you). If you're on vacation and your camera batteries die all you have to do is buy 2 AA batteries and you're good to go. The batteries don't last as long as I would have liked though. I do wish the LCD screen on this camera was a bit bigger. But overall it's pretty durable, takes good pics (for the price), and is easy to use. It doesn't take fantastic action shots but otherwise the pictures usually turn out nicely.

• Portability:

Picture perfect even in total darkness

from Richmond, VA

Comments about Canon - PowerShot A540 Digital Camera:

I was not totally happy with the picture quality of my Kodak Easy Share C330, so decided to try a Canon product.

Image Quality
Image quality is excellent.

I was doubtful that the night shot feature would produce good quality. Wow - was I amazed.

Very easy to use. The only feature I am not happy with is having to open the battery compartment [which also houses the memory card] each time I want to reformat the memory card.

excellent

Battery Life
Good, but not great. Even without using the video capability, the battery does not last for a complete photo event

Portability
great.

• Portability:

Canon Powershot is a nice portable and durable camera.

from Saint Petersburg, FL

Comments about Canon - PowerShot A540 Digital Camera:

I got this Canon Powershot A540 as a gift; it was my first digital camera.  I like it a lot; it is compact (though a little heavy for its size) and it's very easy to use the basic autofocus and the zoom lens. There are a lot of other settings which I must admit I rarely use, but the couple of times I've tried them it was nice to have the options to see which way produced the best pictures.

I found it very easy to transfer pictures to the computer for editing and storage. One can print directly from the camera to the Canon printer I got with it, but I would rather keep them backed up on the computer also.

I am pleased with the durability of the camera; I dropped it on pavement with the zoom lens out, and the extended lens was jammed halfway in, but my boyfriend was able to un-jam it and neither the lens, the viewing screen, or anything else was damaged.

It does seem to go through ordinary batteries rather quickly, but the one time I bought batteries specifically marketed for long life in cameras they lasted a while.

• Portability:

This is my 'go to' camera

from Alamogordo, NM

Comments about Canon - PowerShot A540 Digital Camera:

I've had my share of cameras but this one is by far the best! Not only is it easy to use but the quality is excellent! I've taken videos with it and it's just as good as a camcorder! I've taken lots of photos with it and only once has it let me down; batteries died. I shall always treasure the photos of my now deceased mother because they're so clear; it's as though they were just taken!

awesome

from Las Vegas, NV

Comments about Canon - PowerShot A540 Digital Camera:

I have been putting off buying a new camera because I wanted to get the best for my money. this is the best. I love this camera. Takes wonderful pictures, easy to use, and the price can't be beat for a good digital. The only problem i have is the it eats batteries like crazy, need rechargeable for sure. That is a problem with all digital cameras though, so what are you gonna do?

love this camera, so easy to use

from Ardmore, OK

Comments about Canon - PowerShot A540 Digital Camera:

Got this camera for a gift and it has been wonderful.  The camera has a great zoom, wonderful options, easy to use, and very compact.  My favorite feature is the video option, because it takes EXCELLENT video and the quality amazed me the first time I used it.  I cary this camera with me all the time and have captured many wonderful memories because of it.

this product is the bomb diggity!

from Groton, CT

Comments about Canon - PowerShot A540 Digital Camera:

I just LOVE my camera, If you are looking to buy one of these I say go for it!!!!!!! I am so in love with my camera it has high megapixels, a lot of memory, easy to use, high quality and resolution pics. This camera automatically adjust to indoor or outdoor lighting, has red eye options, that cut out the red eye too!

Just a solid, reliable little camera!

from San Carlos, CA

Comments about Canon - PowerShot A540 Digital Camera:

I've taken my Canon A540 with me everywhere -- from Eastern Europe to New Zealand and last month to Thailand!  This past trip I took about 1,400 photos, so I'm in the process of classifying, deleting and arranging them.  It's so easy to do -- and nearly all of them came out great even with low light or non-optimal conditions.  It's just a darned-good, inexpensive digital camera that is very versatile.  Try it....you'll like it! :)

Excellent qualilty for the price.

from Los Angeles, CA

Comments about Canon - PowerShot A540 Digital Camera:

This is a great little camera.  I have taken excellent pictures with it.  I have started to use the features for different settings - like night time, at the beach, etc.  They all work fine.  Photo stitch is a lot of fun if you like to take landscape photos.

A realiable camera for everyday use.

from Albuquerque, NM

Comments about Canon - PowerShot A540 Digital Camera:

I actually have a older model of this camera, but I like it very much. The main difference with mine is it takes 4 batteries instead of 2 now and the memory cards are nicer and less expensive now. Canon is a great brand, I've heard great things about them. I've talked to some professional photographers and they swear by them. This camera is great for everyday use, taking pics of the family, pets, friends, etc. I've found for action shots you need something faster, but I like it very much and would recommend it for the price.