Other Digital Cameras:
Canon
Canon - PowerShot A495 Digital Camera

Canon - PowerShot A495 Digital Camera

Canon A 495 review

I've been an amateur photographer for umpteen many years, and have used basically every film format (disc, included), as well as 3 generations of digital (yes, including cell phone). I *always* have my camera close by, and have shot from many different platforms (from my knee to from a moving car)

I've taken lots of action, still-life, and nature shots in my day. This camera is great for all these. The "automatic" features are very good, but I really enjoy actually being able to make exposure and other adjustments as needed, as well.

The screen is large enough to help set up shots, including macro (I take a lot of close-up insect and plant life shots). In addition, the zoom is quite good (best I've had).

And, it fits in a pocket pretty well.

Only a few downsides:

1. It, as many digital cameras do, tends to eat batteries--go with rechargeable;

2 I've since worn out the latch on the battery door (I've had the camera over a year, now), so, at the moment, Gorilla Tape is doing a fine job keeping things together;

3. Occasionally (may be due to an occasional defective battery?), I turn the camera on and have to reset the time and date...

Overall, I have loved this camera, and would recommend it to anyone who's looking in the direction of a camera along these lines.

very nice and interesting pieece

Great camera. very stylish ..My friends are really jealous that I own such a beautiful camera..It has got very big screen 3 inches...you hardly find big lcd in photoshoot category. It takes great pictures..the picture quality is awesome. Only negative thing i found that- it lacks a viewfinder.Also its button are a bit small if you have big fingers..Overall a very good camera..if you are looking for the ultimate photoshoot camera with superb looks and very good picture quality then you have to stop by and take a look at this camera.

Compact and easy to use

from Hollywood, FL

Comments about Canon - PowerShot A495 Digital Camera:

I recently purchased the Canon Power Shot A480 and truley love the simplicity and size of this camera. It has all the features that most other cameras of a larger size have and is simple to use. The cababilites of downloading photographs and the ability to share and print from you personal PC make this a must have item.

Canon A 495 review

from Charlotte, NC

Comments about Canon - PowerShot A495 Digital Camera:

And, it fits in a pocket pretty well.

Only a few downsides:

Terrific picturing.

from Roseville, MI

Comments about Canon - PowerShot A495 Digital Camera:

I am a senior citizen and this is perfect for me. Easy viewing of the object. Small enough, but big enough for my fingers to operate. I have a red (maroon) one so its easy to find. Can do close up or far away. Just great. I received gift cards to use to buy it. I asked for them.

Canon Powershot is a great camera

from Houston, TX

Comments about Canon - PowerShot A495 Digital Camera:

I use my Canon Powershot all the time. It takes great pictures and great videos. It is pretty cheap so you don't have to spend an arm and a leg buying a camera that takes great pictures. It is small and fits easily in your pockets, and it's a canon so you knw it is great quality and it is dependable when you need a camera that will work at the right time. This will make it easy to keep and share the favorite moments of your kids and family from their childhood. This is really a sharp little camera and I think anyone who owns one would really enjoy it. It takes quick pictures too so no waiting for five seconds once you hit the button to take the photo. You hit the button and it takes it fast so you won't msis that priceless face that your kid is making.

Love my canon power shot camera

from Rockwall, TX

Comments about Canon - PowerShot A495 Digital Camera:

I love my Canon Power Shot A495 Digital Camera. I have had a lot of other cameras over the years, but there is none as easy to use as this digital camera. It has great color and the photos are sharp, not distorted as you get with some other digital cameras. This digital camera is very affordable so you don't have to spend an arm and a leg to get great photos of your family and friends. The quality of the Canon Power shot digital camera is beyond reproach and you will never be disappointed with the photos that you will receive from using this camera. this digital camera is so affordable you will be able to get one as a gift for someone special after they see what great pictures you can get from this camera.

Canon - PowerShot A495 Digital Camera - I like it

from Arlington, VA

Comments about Canon - PowerShot A495 Digital Camera:

Canon - PowerShot A495 Digital Camera - I like it. I like my Canon - PowerShot A495 Digital Camera - yes I like it a lot. It is small it fits into my pocket. it's esay to use and it takes good pictures. i think it also comes in a choice of colours so it can fit your style. Canon but be the world leaders in digital photography - that's my opinion anyway. i can also easily download my photos to my computer and view them there and share them with others. I think that is quite a remarkable feat - we have come so far since the days of having to process negatives. now you can see the picture as soon as you take it. Retake it if it is not good. it's free to take pictures - no paying for film like you used to. no finding the pictures were spoiled nbeacuse the film was old and had gone off. no more hit and miss - with my Canon - PowerShot A495 Digital Camera i always have something good to show each time

The Canon - PowerShot A495 Digital Camera is a must buy

from Destrehan, LA

Comments about Canon - PowerShot A495 Digital Camera:

I recently purchased the Canon - PowerShot A495 Digital Camera for my ten year old daughter for Christmas.  It was a great choice for her as a first time digital camera owner.  The PowerShot A495 is quick and easy to learn. It didn't take her long to learn all the features and to start snaping pictures like a pro. The Canon - PowerShot A495 Digital Camera also takes great, quality pictures.  It is so simple to connect the camera to our home PC and print out the pictures for her to share with her friends. She also loves how compact the camera is. She can easily slip her new camera in her purse or pocket and pull it out for those quick picture moments. Also a plus for her is that the camera runs on AA Batteries. It is much easier for her to keep a quick change of batteries with her instead of having to remember to charge her camera. The Canon - PowerShot A495 Digital Camera gives you everything you need without the high price.

I love my Canon PowerShot A495!

Comments about Canon - PowerShot A495 Digital Camera:

My first experience with any digital camera began in November, 2010!  My boyfriend bought me a Canon PowerShot A495 for my birthday!  It is the best camera I have ever used!  Instant zoom, many choices for light settings.  You take a picture and "BAM", you are one click rom seeing what you shot!  If you don't like the picture, all you have to do is click and delete it.  I have been taking pictures of everything, ( much to my boyfriends chagrin)!  It is very easy to hold onto.  It has a strap for safely hanging it on your wrist.  Mine is a beautiful shade of blue!  The veiw screen is nicely sized, for people who can't see up close to well.  It has so many features that I am still trying to learn!   I captured a live action shot of my daughters reaction on her birthday, that was priceless!  She was extremely happy at what she received, and boy did I manage to capture her perfectly!  I never could have done it on any other camera!  Thanks Canon, for an awesome camera!

The Canon PowerShot A495 could do better

from Lawrenceville, GA

Comments about Canon - PowerShot A495 Digital Camera:

For the price of this camera, the picture quality is pretty amazing most of the time, but it gets really frustrating to use sometimes. To use this camera, you must hold it with a steady hand in order to take pictures that do not blur. There is also an annoying clicking noise that it constantly makes when it is focusing.This is not a camera that you can continously take pictures with. When you use this camera with the flash on, it will take at least five seconds to recharge the flash each time (even when you just turn it on sometimes.) The fact that it runs on double A batteries is also a downside. Its battery life is not as long as a camera that uses a rechargeable battery. On the plus side, the image quality is really nice. I think that most Canon cameras will offer the best photo quality anyway. The video quality is not bad either. I like how you can zoom in and out of shots while shooting videos. Overall, this Canon camera is cheap and offers good quality, but you must have a LOT of patience to use this camera for long periods of time.

A simple and slim little Canon

from Langhorne, PA

Comments about Canon - PowerShot A495 Digital Camera:

Canon has always been the brand I trusted most when it came to cameras. For whatever money you pay for whatever Canon camera you sure do get your money's worth and that's easily the case for the cheaper, more simple PowerShot A495 Digital Camera. This camera is perfect for someone who's not a big fan of bulky cameras with lots of settings and a thick instruction book. This camera is also ideal for a person who likes to carry their camera everywhere without having a need for a separate case or worrying if it'll get messed up. This camera is lightweight, slim, and durable and also takes pretty good quality photos. You really can't beat it for the low price you'll find it. I would recommend these over cool pix or kodaks any day. Don't be surprised if the quality of it's photos matches or surpasses photos of you've taken on the more expensive cameras you've purchased in the past. Like I said, Canon, in any case, is a brand I trust and I recommend this little digital camera to all.