Other Digital Cameras:
Point-and-Shoot Digital Cameras
Canon
Canon - PowerShot A410 Digital Camera

Canon - PowerShot A410 Digital Camera

I love the functionality of this little camera.

With this little camera, you can take digital pictures or movies.  There are 4 different shooting modes that includes 2 manual modes,1 Special scenes mode where even night pictures can be taken, and a movie mode, where short movies can be made.  With each mode there are different functions which you can set.   This is a great digital camera for an inexperienced photographer, or for use as a starter camera.  The only drawback I can find is that the print in the owners manual is too small to be read easily by those of us who have imperfect eyesight!

pretty good for starters

This canon powershot model is ok if you just want good quality pictures. But if you want professinal quality this is not the right camera for you.   It has ok video no lighting for video which is a huge problem to me.  Terrible sound quality its just.............................                                                    terrifing!

good basic point and shoot camera

from Omaha, NE

Comments about Canon - PowerShot A410 Digital Camera:

I like this camera for it's easy use. Good for taking family photos. I am disapointed that it doesn't have as many settings as other cameras. It would be much better, for me, if it had an action shot setting. It does take nice, clear pictures,  if your subject isn't moving.

This is the best camera

from San Francisco, CA

Comments about Canon - PowerShot A410 Digital Camera:

I've owned this camera for nearly a decade. It runs on two AA batteries which mean I'm able to stock up extra batteries for long trips. Although the LCD screen is smaller compared to newer digital cameras on the market, the screen is great. I have never had a problem with the camera. The size of the camera is compact enough to fit in pockets. It is a Canon afterall so it is durable and reliable. The flash does take a few seconds to recharge after each snapshot with flash. The picture is saved on SD cards and there is no lag time when the picture is being saved after each snapshot. The body of the camera is well structured and well shaped with nothing protruding out. It is a 3.2MP camera but the pictures come out with vivid colors. The only drawback with this camera is it does not read SDHC which means it will only have the capacity to use up to 2GB SD cards.

Oldie but a goodie: Canon Powershot A410

from Beverly Hills, CA

Comments about Canon - PowerShot A410 Digital Camera:

I have used this camera for 3 years now, and even having bought it used, have not had a problem with it at all.

The image quality of this camera is excellent for a point and shoot camera.  It is perfect for recreational use: taking family photos, as a vacation camera, even video recording kids' events at school.  It is small enough and compact enough not to be a hindrance to take with you to go anywhere. For the more photo enthusiastic/professional among us, when paired with a high end dSLR (preferably also from Canon), you will have all your bases covered between two such cameras.

This camera is perfect for a beginner.  It is very easy, with all of the scenes/modes available, to take a great photograph without any special instruction or equipment and with just a basic knowledge of the instruction manual.  If you are so inclined, you can go a little more advanced with this camera and use it in manual mode, where you can play with things like shutter speed and aperture settings.

The thing that I like most about this camera is that you can use it with 3rd party programs like PSRemote to fully automate taking photographs without actually having to hold the camera: which is a rarity to find such an affordable camera with such capability.

Good camera for the price

from Pittsfield, ME

Comments about Canon - PowerShot A410 Digital Camera:

I owned this camera for severals years before dropping it on a trip on concrete (it was my fault, hit it hard and broke the camera). Before than, it took above average photos for an entry level camera. The camera is on the small side and a bit boxy and square. The zoom is not that great as compared to optical zooms say at 10x. Still, it served me well. Both for close ups and far away. Ease of use-I never used the manual controls as the automatic controls did a fine job. Screen, though a bit small was adequate for the job. I bought a separate camera case and it fits perfect and has a strap...highly recommend this as makes it easier to carry around. So, in summary, this is a good entry level camera and Canon has a very good reputation in its cameras. I own an older Canon Powershot S1 that has held up over the years, so suspect the A410 will hold up real well over a period of time. Worth a buying as entry level.

The awesomeness of the Canon 3.2 megapixel camera.

from Plymouth, IN

Comments about Canon - PowerShot A410 Digital Camera:

I love my 3.2 megapixel canon digital camera. It's small, but not so much that you can lose it. It's also reliable. I've beat this poor thing up so much in the few years that I've owned it and it still works, still gives me amazing photos each and every time I take a picture, and has never let me down. I've never used the video camera settings, so I don't know how those work out. The upsides to this camera are it's clarity, even in dark places. The photos ALWAYS have turned out for me. None have been ruined. It does wonderfully with moving targets, and doesn't blur. I find that amazing each time it does it. Of course, to every upside, there are some downsides to this camera. It can only hold a 2gb memory card. I discovered this as I went to upgrade the tiny 256mb card I had for it when I first got this camera (and it was still able to hold 150+ photos!). It bought a 4gb hcsd card for it, and it wouldn't recognize it. I found out from a sales person that it wouldn't be able to recognize the specialized card, and I had to settle for upgrading to a 2gb memory card for it. Another downside is that if you get the cheaper batteries, it goes through them fairly quickly, especially if you're at a photo-heavy event, such as a convention or a wedding. Keep extras on hand. Other than that, it's an easy camera to use, and worth every penny that I paid for it at the time.

Great,reliable,priced right Canon camera

from Riverside, CA

Comments about Canon - PowerShot A410 Digital Camera:

I bought my first digital camera in 2000 and it was Olympus,altough was bulky because of the build-in Polaroid  printer but served me right until it broke.So,I was looking for replacement and after reading positive reviews got this little CanonPowerShot A410 camera in early 2006 and it became my instant companion.As an avid picture taker,I'm very happy with it performance.I wasn't looking for something fancy,If I would be profesional photographer ,probably will look for different model but most of the pictures I'm taking are from family and friends gatherings or outtings anyways,so for me it's just right.Compact size that easily fits in my purse,,easy to use and the price was right.I set it at medium resolution,that way it won't eat the batteries so fast and the pictures are still great,clear and producing nice color.Just wish that the LCD screen be bigger like the cameras of today  but as long as this one works good ,it's a keeper.

One of the best cameras ever.

from New Bethlehem, PA

Comments about Canon - PowerShot A410 Digital Camera:

My husband bought me the Canon PowerShot A410 to replace a previious camera that I loved. I was so lost without my camera and missed so many great shots of my daughter. When he gave me the Canon PowerShot A410 I was sceptical that it would be as good as my previous camera. I started taking pictures with it and found that it was super easy to use. The quality of the pictures are really good and even when zoomed in they are very clear. I have used this camera for every occasion possible.

The only bad thing that I have found about this camera is that is goes through batteries like crazy and the orange flash light thing on the front of the camera that lights up everytime you take a picture even if the flash is turned off. This wouldn't be a big deal except that I use this camera at my daughters dance rehearsal and there is a no flash policy and the red light is also distracting to the dancers.

Other than the minor flaws, this is a fantastic camera and I plan to use it for as long as it will work.

Sweet point and shoot camera

from Nashville, TN

Comments about Canon - PowerShot A410 Digital Camera:

I love the cannon powershot camera. I have had it for about two years now and use it almost every day. It takes amazing photos and has great usablility due to the compact size and user friendly functions. It also has functions for those more advanced photographers who would want to use the camera in a more advanced way (I.e. personalized settings). You can manually set everything on the camera which opens doors to more creative and more controled shots.

The picture quality is fantastic for a normal point and shoot. Not only do I use this camera for every day functionality, but I have also taken tons of photos that have been printed and sold, as well as entered into serveral contests and festivals gallery openings and show rooms, that have been selected and perchased as best of show. The quality is amazing due to the 10 mega pixal allowability, and Easily is printed with out the overwhelming pixalation due to loss of technical infromation.

So easy that my two year old can operate it!

from Acworth, GA

Comments about Canon - PowerShot A410 Digital Camera:

My husband and I received this Canon PowerShot A410 camera as a birthday gift and we would not part with it if we had to! It is light and fits right into my purse without a problem. My daughter is two years old and she has figured out how to operate this camera. She walks around all day taking pictures of things and of herself. This camera easily plugs into my computer so that I can quickly upload the pictures onto my computer. I can carry the camera and the cord around with me and plug it in to any computer and allow family members to save what pictures they like to their computer from my camera. I used to only use the disposable cameras because I was so horrible about keeping up with cameras, but this one I keep on my all of the time. It is like my cell phone, it goes everywhere with me! I am horrible with getting pictures developed and shipped to family! I love the face that it is so easy to upload pictures from my camera and put them on social networks so that my family and friends can see the great pictures that I take of my family. This camera takes great pictures and it also has the option to record videos. I hope that you will enjoy it just as much as I do.

The powershot a410 is a all around good camera.

from Flatwoods, KY

Comments about Canon - PowerShot A410 Digital Camera:

Powershot A410 camera is light and easy to carry. It has a digic memory processor for easy and fast shooting and terrific color, fast autofocus and 14 shooting modes including special scene mode. The powershot A410 uses AA batteries so you will never run out of power. The powershot A410 is durable, I dropped mine on the pavement and when I pick up it was just like new and took great pictures. The powershot a410 comes with camera and batteries and memory card and carrying strap, and program cd, with instruction booklet and two double A batteries. This is a great camera to take on vacation, it is easy to use and is fun taking pictures with this camera and with the features you can save on the batteries by shutting off the display screen and just use the viewfinder. I am so glad that purchased this camera and would recommend it to all my friends and family. So enjoy this camera, you take care of it and it will give you great pictures.