Other Digital Cameras:

Canon - PowerShot A3100 IS Digital Camera

Pros

Cons

Canon -PowerShot A3100

I like this camera so much. It's compact size allows me to carry it everywhere and I know I will never miss a perfect opportunity to take a photo for a wonderful memory. I keep it in my purse, it doesn't take up any room. It is very lightweight and takes great photos. I have had many complements on my camera and recommend it whenever anyone asks about it.

Image Quality
The images on my photos are crystal clear. I have really been amazed at the clarity from this little camera. I import the photos from my camera to my computer and then print them out. They all look fantastic. The colors are bright and true, faces are clear and expressive, and the landscape photos are just beautiful. I have been made the honorary picture taker at get togethers because of the quality of my photos.

The Canon PowerShot is one powerful little camera. It has so many modes that you can change and adapt to your situation. I have even made a few little videos with this camera, but I prefer to make still shots. I have been able to adjust to remove red eye and crop to suit my needs. I love the optical image stabilizer. I don't have to worry if I am a little shaky or unsteady when taking pictures.

Anyone can use this camera. Nothing to it. Just press the shutter button and it does the rest. It will adjust to any light or any situation.

It is very small but is quite powerful. I have taken many pictures with this camera, still as good as new. Looks great and is mint condition. Of course, I take care of it but it does stay in my purse most of the time so I know it is very durable if it can stand up to that.

Battery Life
I don't really know how many pictures I get without having to charge but I know it is a lot. It is very easy to charge and it does charge quickly. The battery is very easy to remove and place in the charger.

Portability
This is such a great thing about this camera, how easy it is to carry around with you. It is so small you can place it anywhere and carry it everywhere with you. There is no excuse for anyone with this camera not to have it with them at all times. You don't even know it is there.

Canon has truly disappointed me on this one!

It makes me very upset to write this bad review on a product that is produced by a company that is know for their quality and value.  I was given the Canon - PowerShot A3100 IS Digital Camera as a Christmas gift last year.  I was very excited to actually have a digital camera that wasn't part of my phone.  The color was very attractive.  The size was perfect to slip into my pocket, pocket book or fanny pack.  The options and features were exciting and I was ready to use my camera.  The first bunch of pictures I took were very blurry and I found myself deleting more than saving.  I am not new to photography. I took a few minutes of test movies around my home and the sound was terrible.  I went to use it a few days later and the batteries died after about 5 minutes. I changed the batteries and again had horrible luck with the pictures and again dead batteries after a few hours. My sister suggested special batteries so I installed them (very expensive) and put it in the drawer to wait until I had time to read the manual. While on vacation I decided to try it and within 2 hours it died again, so I used my Blackberry for the rest of my trip.  When we were able to replace the batteries and look at the pictures, everyone agreed that my phone took better quality pictures. I will not recommend this camera to anyone that cares about quality. I would sell it but would feel guilty doing that to anyone.

Love it great camera

from Ellerslie GA

Comments about Canon - PowerShot A3100 IS Digital Camera:

I have previously purchased and still use this Canon Power Shot A3100 IS Digital Camera and found that I truly do love it. I can not say or express how much I love this camera. First of all it has a rechargeable battery that it comes with. You take out the battery and stick it into a battery charger that you plug right into an electrical socket. It charges withing about thirty minutes and the lifetime of the battery is very long. I went on a four day beach trip and only charged the batter once. Another good thing about this camera is it takes wonderful videos. It is like a professional camera. The good thing about this Canon Power Shot camera is that it is very easy to use. Anyone can figure this camera out. I found it very self explanatory. The price was very reasonable and affordable. The shutter speed is very fast which is super important to me and it takes the best pictures. It captures all the different colors and every picture looks good and not blurry. I would recommend this to all of my friends and family. I have had this camera for three years now and it is still like brand new.

• Portability:

Good little camera but some issues with the flash

Comments about Canon - PowerShot A3100 IS Digital Camera:

I have owned Canon products for a number of years and invested in this Canon PowerShot A3100 IS Digital Camera because of the quality I have come to know with the Canon brand of products. The thing I noticed right away about this camera is how easy it is to use. I literally got it out of the box, charged the rechargeable battery, and was able to start using it once the battery was charged. There are about 10 different settings for this camera. I use the "automatic setting" and the "camcorder setting" the most. I really like the automatic setting because it detects the light conditions and triggers the type of photo I need to take based on those conditions. I have found that there are certain conditions that do not trigger the flash to go off and I have experienced photo quality issues when this happens. I think I could easily solve this problem by using a more specific photo setting when these lower light conditions are present. Overall, I am impressed with the quality of the photos and videos that this Canon camera takes. I would recommend this product to family and friends but would definitely encourage them to read the instruction manual to maximize the quality of the photos they take by using the correct camera setting.

• Portability:

Take a shot with Canon Camera!

from Stoughton, Wi

Comments about Canon - PowerShot A3100 IS Digital Camera:

The Canon camera is a classic! I was in the market for a digital camera several years ago and I did a fair amount of research on line before making the purchase. Time and again, I came across positive reviews on consumer reviews for Canon cameras.

Image Quality
I was pleasantly surprised by the image quality of my photographs with the Canon-power shot camera. The clarity and sharpness of my pictures are brilliant! The zoom lens is easy to use and allows the user to capture amazing images!

I realize the Canon power shot digital camera is not a top of the line digital camera, but it is more than adequate for an amateur photographer like myself. I have been extremely pleased with the photographs taken on my Canon camera.

This camera is so easy to use! I often struggle with technology related issues when it comes to learning how to operate things like cameras and cell phones. However, learning to operate the Canon camera was a snap! It has simple controls and the functions are not complicated. I often spend many hours reading owners manuals in an attempt to master a camera but this was not the case with the Canon camera!

I have not had any problems with my Canon Power shot. It is durable and light weight. This camera is extremely portable and comes with a very sturdy carrying case. I highly recommend this camera to any casual photographer who wants to produce high quality photographs without spending a lot of money and time.

• Portability:

For the price, it was okay

from Concord, NC

Comments about Canon - PowerShot A3100 IS Digital Camera:

I needed a small camera that I could travel with easily that could take a little bit of abuse and keep on ticking, while offering a decent quality of photo. Unfortunately, the Canon PowerShot 13100 IS Digital Camera was not that camera for me.

The pros are that the camera was extremely affordable, and very portable. I could simply tuck it into my back pocket and go. It was also pretty user friendly, which is also important. I have a nicer camera for taking higher quality photos, this one was intended to be my go-to for things that happened quickly and I didn't have time to set up for.

The cons are that the image quality was not at all what I was hoping for, the zoom feature was extremely grainy, and the durability of the camera was poor. It felt very cheaply made and the zoom stopped extending and retracting fully after about a week. The lens cover stopped working around the same time.

It may be the perfect camera for someone else and their needs, but for mine, it wasn't a good fit. I was not impressed by the quality of the photos, or the craftsmanship of the camera.

• Portability:

Great camera for the price.

Comments about Canon - PowerShot A3100 IS Digital Camera:

Considering it's price, it is a quality camera. It is very inexpensive! The Canon PowerShot has a lot of features and settings, and takes excellent photos (sometimes). My brother-in-law, who has a professional camera, was impressed with the photos this camera is able to take. The major negative point is it's slow speed. It takes terrible action/movement shots. Whenever I try getting my daughter and she waves her arms or wiggles around, it comes out blurred.

Bad Battery

Comments about Canon - PowerShot A3100 IS Digital Camera:

This powershot is a fine camera except for one thing. The camera battery was horrible. I could never get it in the chambers. It popped out every time I took it out to charge the battery. Tried everything I could to get it snapped into place. Another person even tried and they failed. I finally returned the camera for something better. Also, it did not come with a cord to charge the camera that way.

Great pictures

Comments about Canon - PowerShot A3100 IS Digital Camera:

I use this camera for everything I do. It takes great pictures and videos. The pictures always come out clear and how I want them to. Its easy to carry around and very simple operation. I love it because its colored (mine is purple my favorite color!!!) so its not only a great investment money wise, but also stylish. win win!

I Still Use It Everyday

Comments about Canon - PowerShot A3100 IS Digital Camera:

Before buying this camera I had a Kodak. I would take pictures of my kids but they would always move or close their eyes so I could never get a good picture of them unless they were sleeping because it would always be blurry. I found this camera on the internet and I am so glad that I did. It got to my house only after 4 days of ordering it after that I have only used it to take great pictures and videos. This camera will take a non blurry picture of your child running if you wanted it to. I now have great pictures of my kids I just wish I would have found this camera sooner.

Image Quality
It is by far the best I have had. It will get a perfect picture of my daughters.

I am extremely impressed with the performance of this camera for how cheap it is.

You can use this camera anywhere at any time of day and it still takes fantastic pictures.

I have never had a problem with this camera and have now had it for a little over a year.

Battery Life
The battery lasts for weeks. I have never been so happy with a camera

Portability
It is small and cute.

Canon A3100 is perfect for my needs

from Appleton, WI

Comments about Canon - PowerShot A3100 IS Digital Camera:

I have a wonderful DSLR. It is my go-to camera; however, it is large, heavy, not portable in every situation, and it's not the kind of camera one takes huge chances with. I wanted a back-up camera, with video, that was highly portable, inexpensive, and able to take sharp photos. I found it in this Canon PowerShot.

I take this camera on my Nordic ski-ventures, wearing it around my neck on a lanyard. I also throw it in my purse when I'm on the go and not specifically on a photography adventure. It is serving me very well in these instances.

The camera has a multitude of functions for taking great photos in multiple lighting situations, people shots, scenic shots.

The movie maker is a lot of fun, especially for harassing my kids.

I've had this camera over two week now, and am still on the first battery charge. I've taken many photos and videos, uploaded them to my computer, tinkered and experimented with the camera, read the instruction document (the full length PDF) and then tried new concepts, etc. I can't complain about the battery.

My camera is a rich red color that I like very much. I'm very pleased with the 4X optical zoom.

Sept. 2013: Just want to add that I've owned this camera for several years now, and it is still a great camera. It's very durable, takes gorgeous photos, and nothing has malfunctioned yet.

Love this camera

Comments about Canon - PowerShot A3100 IS Digital Camera:

I bought this digital camera to replace my older digital camera that stopped working after several years. I have really enjoyed this camera. It takes great pictures, has an incredible zoom, and is very durable. Another great thing about this camera is that fact that it has a rechargeable battery. This saves a lot of money because my older camera used AA batteries and went through them like crazy. The screen on this camera is very large and makes taking pictures simple. I also really like the video feature the camera has. It is so nice to be able to take videos and not have lug around a larger video camera. Overall this is an awesome camera. I would highly recommend it.