Other Digital Cameras:

Canon - Power Shot A1100 IS Digital Camera

Pros

Cons

• Portability:

The A1100IS digital camera makes every photo perfect!

I will admit right at the beginning that I am positively biased towards Canon products, as they have served me better than other brands in certain categories of electronics in the past. My previous camera was also a Canon Powershot, but this new model, the A1100IS, is the ultimate! I have actually been telling people "I love my camera"! The screen is large and clear, the menus are intuitive, and the automated settings make photography a breeze. The best feature of this camera is the Image Stabilization (thus the "IS" in the name)- which helps the camera take crystal clear photos even if the camera is being wiggled a little bit. Bye bye blurry pictures! The second best feature of this camera is the Face Recognition smart feature- with which the camera "recognizes" when you are preparing to photograph a person (or people), and automatically adjusts the focus to the subject. It also seems to prevent red-eye for the most part. The third best feature is the pre-sets. You don't have to be a professional photographer- you just select what kind of scene you are shooting (fireworks, aquarium, indoors, etc.) and the camera is set up with the ideal settings (like exposure and all the technical stuff)! There is lots more I love about this camera, but I don't think writing a book about it would be appropriate. There is only one thing I can't get used to on this camera, and that is the zoom rocker-switch. To zoom in and out with focus, you rotate a switch clockwise or counterclockwise, and it always seems akward to me. I usually push it the wrong way from what I am wanting, at first. One other thing that bothers me a little is that the resolution settings go right from 640x480 to 1600x1200. I prefer to take photos at 1024x768! Anyway, I am hoping that this little jewel lasts me a long, long time....

Battery Life
The A1100 IS will eat through batteries if you use it frequently- it only uses 2 AA batteries at a time, and seems to perform better on a mega pack of cheapo alkalines than recharging expensive "performance" batteries.

Portability
I like the light weight thanks to the fact that it only holds 2 AA batteries. And how slim it is when the lenses are retracted. This camera fits into pockets and purses quite easily!

Canon-Power Shot Digital Camera is bulky!!

OK-So there is nothing wrong with this camera-it has great, clear imaing. Multiple selections on picture type...such as outdoor, moving, sports, and so forth....you can edit your pictures on the camera. You can even zoom in on any taken pictures to get a closer look at what your picture looks like. The screen to view your pictures is a very good size, its not tiny where you cant see what your picture even looks like, even if your blind..like my m om...you should have no problems veiwing it. It is not like the newer cameras by any means...it is big, and bulky, heavy, a pain in the but to carry in your purse, or bag, however your carrying it...its annoying. I always end up leaving in a car, or if bag or purse big enough...and i mean BIG enough...lol....i stick it in that and barely end up using it, because it is so inconvenient to carry. There is no way you can carry it in your  pocket, like the cameras they have now...well basketball shorts you can carry it in...but it weighs them down ( causing mine to fall off practically!! ) and you got a huge road bump sticking out of your shorts. One thing me and my mom cant stand is you have to hold down the button hard in order for it to take the picture..half the time you think your taking the picture, but dont realize your finger lifted a hair...causing no picture to take! and that gets annoying for those stuck smiling trying to take a good pic. You miss 1 second perfect pictures because of this. It is however....pretty sturdy...seeing as how ive dropped my moms numerous times..shhh...lol and it still works..thank god!!!! ha ha but behind all those negatives, it does take great, clear pictures.

quick shots!

Comments about Canon - Power Shot A1100 IS Digital Camera:

Have owned this camera for a few years now. I love it to catch those split second moments during my children's lives and sporting events.

Unlike most cameras, this one snaps a shot quickly. No hesitation time between aiming and clicking the ''take'' button.

This is a very simple camera to operate. Has just enough options to please most people and pretty simple to figure out how to change the options.

The camera I own has been dropped and sat on and doesn't even had one scratch. I would call this one of the most durable cameras I have used or owned.

Battery Life
My only set back is the battery life. I go through entirely too many batteries trying to use this camera. It takes 2AA batteries and they last half hour, if the camera is being used the entire time. To me, that is not long enough for trying to take photos of a day's worth of adventures or even a ball game. (note, if you can get away without using the flash, do it. Flash runs battery down very quickly)

Portability
Comes with a carrying string to put around your wrist for easy carrying. It is also small enough to fit in a pocket or purse. Not bulky or heavy, which is another reason I purchased this exact camera.

• Portability:

This is not a good deal for this camera.

Comments about Canon - Power Shot A1100 IS Digital Camera:

This is an overpriced camera that is not very good. That quality of this camera is not very good for the price and is easily comparable to many cheaper cameras. The size of the camera is kinda big and pretty bulky to carry around. The camera is good at taking pictures on the move, but the speed of the camera is not the fastest out there.

Image Quality
The images taken with this camera are quite good. The camera does well on the move.

The camera performs pretty well. The speed is not the fastest out there, but it is pretty good.

This is a very easy to use camera. The lens is easy to adjust and the settings are easy to use. The camera is as simple as pointing and clicking.

It is a durable camera and can even live through drops.

Battery Life
This camera does not have a very good battery life and will probably need charged before each outing.

Portability
This is a pretty bulky camera. It can fit in a pocket, but it will be uncomfortable. A case of some kind is the best recommendation.

• Portability:

Summarize this product in one sentence.

Comments about Canon - Power Shot A1100 IS Digital Camera:

This is a good little camera for the money. The issue I have at this time is uploading pictures to my desktop. I have had the camera for quite a long time with relatively no issues. I would recommend this product.

Great product...

Comments about Canon - Power Shot A1100 IS Digital Camera:

It exceeded my expectations. Its very simple to use, and easy to learn about the operations without having to pull the owners manual out each time. The camera offers a good quality of pictures. I like the compact size and it can fit into your pocket. It has 4x optical zoom which is just fine for me.

Good Basic Camera

Comments about Canon - Power Shot A1100 IS Digital Camera:

Well it does what I ask for it which is to take good quality images without much hassle.Very good built quality.Comes with all the features i need.It gives good result s even in low light situations.Very easy to use camera.Very good bargain in its price category.

• Portability:

It does a great job without costing a fortune.

from Springfield, MO

Comments about Canon - Power Shot A1100 IS Digital Camera:

This camera is a perfect size. Fitting both small hand and still not getting lost in large hands.
The picture quality is great. Although I have a tendency to shake sometimes the picture is faster than my shaking for the most part. I do get blurry pictures from time to time but it is my fault not the camera.
I am very happy with the Canon Power Shot and plan on using it for many years.

Image Quality
The pictures are very clear, except when my hands shake.

I have had the camera for a very long time and it is really good about letting me know when the batteries are low.
I have also never experienced any problems with any of the buttons or slid catches. I have dropped the case several times and the camera still works. The only thing that has ever happened was once it turned it's self on. Since I was going to use the camera anyway it worked out great.

The manual that comes with it is written in such a way it is easy to use. Although some on the icons are a bit small or my arms are too short. Might be better if I put my glasses on when changing to the different functions.

It has gotten bumped around several times and still works great.

Battery Life
As with anything that operates on batteries, you always wish they would last longer. But they do seem to last quite a long time. Except when in video mode.

Portability
Small enough to fit in a large pocket and not very heavy. You know you have it but you are not weighted down with it.

• Portability:

The cannon Powershot A1100 I s is a superb camera.

from Belton, MO

Comments about Canon - Power Shot A1100 IS Digital Camera:

This camera is easy to use for people who are getting in amateure digital photography and are looking for a camera that is not expensive and well worth the money. I also recommend this to anyone who wants to take digital photography for fun and is willing to spend the money on a good quality camera I also think this is a good product because I have had mine for about two years and I love it to death. I also think this is a good deal because I found it a walmart for a low price. I also logve that is comes in different colors and you have different colors to choose from. I also like the features of this camera it has a big sreen and is easy to use buttons and you can find it in any major retailor. all in all this camera get my vote for a great camera at a great price.

The A1100IS digital camera makes every photo perfect!

The Power Shot Makes Beautiful Photos Easy

from Denton, TX

Comments about Canon - Power Shot A1100 IS Digital Camera:

The Canon Power Shot A1100 IS Digital Camera is really easy to use and gives very high-quality photos.  I love the pink color of mine!  The 12.1 mega pixels give you such a clear photo and the 4x optical zoom allow you to take great shots from very far away.  My husband took this camera with him to a professional football game where he was far away from the field but the photos he took looked like he was sitting in the bottom rows!  The camera also features an auto-timer so you can set up the camera to take the photo after a certain number of seconds.  It also uploads the photos onto your computer very quickly.  The only down-side of this camera is that the SD memory card it comes with does not hold very many photos.  However, you can purchase a larger SD card that holds more memory, which is what I did, so that you can take a lot of photos at one time.  I also really love this digital camera because it serves as a video camera as well and takes great video.

Canon A 1100IS Nice features, terrible screen.

from Ramona, CA

Comments about Canon - Power Shot A1100 IS Digital Camera:

Let me start off by saying I put this camera through the ringer.  It has been to three different countries, off roading in the jungle, hiking though the mountains and riding through the desert.  I never had a problem with the camera other than having to replace the batteries a little too often for my taste, but considering the pictures I got, and the ability to control the image capturing though special shooting modes or a very comprehensive manual mode, it was worth the rechargeable batteries I invested in.  My only complaint is with the lcd screen on the back of the camera.  Its very vulnerable, and not very sturdy.  Ironically, when the screen finally broke on me it wasn't anywhere out and about when I was shooting with it, but it was in its case as I walked down a hallway of a cruise ship.  The price of repair out weighs the cost of buying a new one, and I will consider another camera in this family, but maybe be a bit wary of the LCD screens positioning.