Other All-In-One Printers:

Pros

Cons

Great printer/scanner!

Comments about Canon PIXMA Wireless Office All-In-One Printer MX870:

This is a great printer and an even better scanner. I originally purchased the previous model a few years ago when I started grad school and wanted to try to digitize my notes and handouts, and I loved it so much that when it was damaged in my move (dropped from the moving truck), I replaced it with this one, which was the current model of my previous printer. I needed a scanner that had an automatic document feeder that could scan both sides of the page quickly. This all-in-one printer/scanner/fax combo fit the bill. It got through my stacks of paper quickly, and the scans were good quality. The scanning software that comes with it is a little annoying to use with my workflow, so I used Adobe Acrobat Pro instead. If you don't have that, or if you aren't trying to scan hundreds of pages into multiple documents, then the packaged software will probably work just fine for you.

Although I purchased it for its scanning functions, the printer is also great. I mainly use it for printing word documents, so I can't comment much on its print quality if you were wanting to print photographs, for example. For my uses, though, it has been great - prints quickly and good quality.

Canon Pixma MG 5220 wireless

from Coleman, TX

Pros

Cons

Comments about Canon PIXMA Wireless Office All-In-One Printer MX870:

The Canon wireless 3 in one is a good Printer if you want professional photos, Only problem we have had is Window 7 is not compatible with this printer. My Laptop works great with it and mine is a vista! We can only scan on windows 7 But the the printer is great!We havent had to get new cartidge yet , but i read that we can refill them ourself instead of spending lots of money to buy new ones. The printer has a window to tell you what your printing ! It shows you on the desktop how to clean the heads and does it with a click of a button. This is one good Canon product worth buying and getting very good prints from it, not to expensive either and worth it! And if you have a laptop you can go anywhere in the house and print from the location your at!

great does what it saids it will do. Pictures come out like in a photo shoot

Copy Quality
        nice photo image

Ink/Paper Use
        can get refill carttridges

instruction readable

still going strong

nice compact design

• Ink/Paper Use:

Dedicate some time to setup, but it's a keeper

from Billings, MT

Comments about Canon PIXMA Wireless Office All-In-One Printer MX870:

We bought this one for last Christmas, and I believe it was a good purchase, even though we don't use all the features. We've got them for future needs if they arise though! It took about an hour to get the printer all cleaned up, setup, and on the home network. It was not rocket science, but it did take a little determination and interpretation of some of the instructions. Photo quality is good, and so far we've not had any trouble with connecting over the air-waves. It's nice not having to turn a printer server/computer on in order to use the printer now.... I think we're getting spoiled! The print cartridges do tend to be a little spendy if you print a lot of color, but in the long run I think the cost will be made up for in savings against going to the photo-mart.

So far so good.

Copy Quality
        For an inkjet, no complaints.

Ink/Paper Use
        Printing color sucks up the ink fast, but otherwise good.

Use the manual...that's all I can say. :-)

No complaints yet.

I like overall design, and it is a fairly small package for what it can do.

This printer is great

from Dayton, OH

Comments about Canon PIXMA Wireless Office All-In-One Printer MX870:

I just purchased this printer to replace another canon all-in-one printer which stopped working. I like the fact that you can print duplex, this saves on paper. I also like the ability to copy a document. You can also easily copy a several page document with the top feeder. This machine also has the capability to fax a document. This is a nice feature if you need to fax a document from your home. You can also receive faxes at your residence. It has memory card slots so you can print a photo directly from your camera memory cards. I think this is a must have printer.

Nice printer for the price.

from Pickerington, OH

Comments about Canon PIXMA Wireless Office All-In-One Printer MX870:

I recently purchased this printer to replace my slightly older Lexmark printer. I am so happy that I did. I checked all the reviews and comparisons on line and found that consistently this printer was a top choice. Now I see why.

The printer arrived packaged nicely and had all of the neceaary cordas, manuals and disks. It was easy to set and easy to install. I opted to hook it directly to my router as needed to be able to print from multiple compters. The manual walked me through the needed steps and soon I had everything working correctly.

The print quality of this printer is great and so is the speed of printing. The scanner also works well as do the many other features. My wife prints allot of coupons and in a month and a half of ownership I have not needed to replace an ink cartridge yet. I have priced them though and compared to the Lexmark cartridges, they are very affordable.

Over all I would recommend this printer.

Great printer!

from Immokalee, FL

Comments about Canon PIXMA Wireless Office All-In-One Printer MX870:

Well to say the least, I can't really say anything bad about this printer since we got if for free from a relative of ours since they got it for free and didn't need since they already had one. It pretty much has a lot of good features and It really did come in handy for a high school kid like myself. Our family never use to have a printer so I would usually print my stuff at school so I had no time to turn in my stuff in on time. I really use it now since I write many papers and reports for my AP English Class and Criminal Justice Class. It really comes in handy now that I have one. I guess you can say this Printer has many features as I can see. It has many buttons with many features and other stuff. It is a Fax machine I think and it has the option I believe. Most of it is digital and other stuff. What I really like abouth this computer is the amount of space it takes in my house. I just leave it on a drawer in a corner and it sits there and not bothering stuff.

Fits like a glove

from Yorktown Heights, NY

Comments about Canon PIXMA Wireless Office All-In-One Printer MX870:

It took me a while to make this purchase as I was still using my Samsung multifunction printer circa 1998. When I recently unwrapped my Canon multifunction printer, I was impressed by the packaging and it was mostly good from there on. Expect to have some problems with the wireless connection if you aren't a pro. Important to allow permission or addition to managed sites on your firewall for the canon printer. Connect the telephone to the printer and the printer to your wall jack and you're good to go for faxing. All in all, this machine does it all efficiently and quietly. Flatbed style is a space saver and task buttons are easy to rememember how to use or figure out for those who avoid reading the whole manual.