Other Inkjet Printers:
Canon
3295B002
Canon PIXMA Pro9000 Mark II Inkjet Printer

Canon PIXMA Pro9000 Mark II Inkjet Printer

Good printer, but buying ink will make you poor!

from Dobbs Ferry, NY

Comments about Canon PIXMA Pro9000 Mark II Inkjet Printer:

I got this printer practically free in a package with my Canon T3i camera( after rebate). i understand now, but Canon is so generous - they really should give those for free, because, they will get all their money back on ink and paper. picture quality is exceptional - especially if you use Platinum pro paper from Canon - but after you get a taste for it , you will keep buying. i even did not calibrate it - just trusted Adobe Lightroom settings. After i started printing photos myself, i do not want to send orders to Shutterly anymore - i think, mine are better. it prints up to 13x19 inches: get a frame in Michaels - and the only problem you have - space on your walls, and of course, you should search for inspiration with your camera. i have pets - so it is not difficult. Do not forget to clean it according to maintenance guide - or your pictures won't be so good.
For black-and -white pictures it is not too good, but it is color printer, nobody promised black-and-white pictures of high quality ( or probably there are even ways I did not explore to create more shades of gray). I tried to compare pictures printed on this printer with pictures printed on Ho 6500- no comparison, HP does not give anything close to quality( like all other Hp products I have, maybe i will review 6500 in another review, but it is not fun to write bad things).

It is not for fast printing, it is for quality printing; i do not recommend this printer for printing documents and invoices - it is waste of money.

Copy Quality
I actually did not use it for copy much - just for photo printing.

Ink/Paper Use
It drinks ink - especially pink magneta, but i highly recommend Canon ink - do not buy cheap copies, or you can ruin printer.

• Copy Quality:
  • Ink/Paper Use:

This is an excellent printer, both in quality, and cost of use.

from Saint Michael, MN

Comments about Canon PIXMA Pro9000 Mark II Inkjet Printer:

I have been using this printer for just over a year. I print larger size photos on it, 12"X18" being a normal print size for me. The color and finish of the prints is top notch, and it is inexpensive, as inkjet printers go, to operate.

I have never had an sort of problem with this printer, but I wish it didn't seem so cheap, and plastic in the paper guide, and print receiving areas. Again, I have not had a problem, it is just an observation.

• Copy Quality:
  • Ink/Paper Use:

My home printing lab with Canon PIXMA Pro 9000

from Allen, TX

Comments about Canon PIXMA Pro9000 Mark II Inkjet Printer:

"I needed to print my wildlife photos big, and I needed to do it myself rather than farm it out. I've used Canon printers for over 20 years! This 9000 MK II is the best yet. The 13 x 19 borderless prints are wonderful. This weekend I framed a 13 x 19 of a Bullock's Oriole, and it is the best....period. These big, beautiful prints will sell for me.

Pixma Pro is great quality printer

from Jenison, MI

Comments about Canon PIXMA Pro9000 Mark II Inkjet Printer:

I believe I actually may have the newer version of this printer, the Pro 9000 Mark II.  I have worked as a photographer for about 5 years and have had access and used several "professional" printers.  Most of them make very nice prints, but the photos sometimes come out a little dull, and actually print time in the printer was often very long.

The first time I tried this printer I expected it to be like other pro printers I had used; hard to figure out and slow.  While it was a bit harder to figure out than the average printer, it was MUCH  easier than other brands of pro printers I have used.  The photo was also printed VERY quickly!  In addition, when I picked up the print, I just had to say "wow!"  It was beautiful.

In addition to printing only photos with this printer I have also printed greeting cards which is very useful when you forget someone's birthday or anniversary and need to quickly find a card!