View more all in one printers

Other All-In-One Printers:
Canon
2184B002
Canon PIXMA Office All-In-One Printer MX310

Canon PIXMA Office All-In-One Printer MX310

Pros

Cons

• Ink/Paper Use:

Its easy operation and quality prints won me over from HP.

I had almost always been a die-hard Hewlett Packard fan, and truly loved my old printer...until it broke down. Don't get me wrong, almost ALL of my other computer hardware is in fact HP, and I probably printed the very life out of my HP printer that had seriously lasted me for nearly five years. I do a BUNCH of printing for work - probably too much. Anyway...When shopping for a new printer I was pretty sure I'd go right back to HP, but this new Canon printer won me over because not only did I mange to get an excellent deal, but there was plenty more "bang for your buck" in this package when comparing all my options. I highly recommend comparison shopping for this one, since I manged to get it for quite a bit less than the going price listed by Canon! A combination fax, printer, copier and scanner is a MUST for me - no other way to operate my business, and therefore it was the only thing I was looking for. The printing quality is just as good as HP too. When I first bought my HP printer I felt as if I'd scored the best bargain at that time, with the quality being the same as the so-called best on the market then (Epson) but at a far better price. It seems to me that Canon is the new HP!The one thing I can say with certainty when comparing the HP and the Canon, is that the Canon ink cartridges are definitely easier to load, far more secure there too. It was the ink cartridge carriage that had broken on my old HP, and I often had problems with the machine recognizing that the cartridges were in there. I expect the Canon will outlast the HP in this area, without a doubt. When you lift it open, a kickstand sets up, and when you set it back to let it down, you just let go and it's like air shocks kick-in to support and ease it down. The fax part was super easy to hook up, and it recognizes incoming calls better than my old HP did too. Before I had to be here to receive a fax, but that's no longer an issue. I also had occasional problems with jamming (depending on paper type), and that hasn't happened even once with this printer. I prefer the photo editing software that came with the Canon too. The only complaint I have is that there isn't a double-sided printing option, but that could just be me not figuring out what they call that opinion yet (still a work in progress for me). Although the double-sided printing option in HP was confusing, and incompatible with Excel - I really had to go the distance to make it work anyway, tweaking other settings in the computer etc... Lastly, not that it really matters at all, but I have to say that compared to the other all-in-one printers, Canon's MX310 is far sleeker than the much more bulky others I'd looked at - it's the sports car version really!UPDATE: Yes, double-sided printing IS far easier than HP, and it's completely compatible with Excel; it's called "Duplex" printing, and all you have to do is check a box! Why must each company create their own name for these types of things? Anyway, the other super cool thing about this machine is that you can save printing settings as "profiles" and name it accordingly. You would then selet the profile that has the settings you regularly use for each task. Brilliant!!!

Pretty good in all other areas excluding price for ink...

This is my current printer & i am absolutely in love with it.  It prints great, is fast, & has lots of options.   I am so happy i bought this.  the ink cartridges are refillable which means you can save money doing it yourself.  The printer is sexy & goes well with any decor.  It has easy to read instructions & is easy to set up.  I like that you can buy different capacity print cartridges for the printer & determine how much you want to spend on your cartidges & your amount of printing can determine that.  Overall i like it canon has come through again!

I am updating my review. After using this printer for a while, the printer itself was great however the ink costs are ridiculous. The printer will not allow you to refill cartridges. It will only let you override the error message that ink is low 1 time, then it will not allow you to print anything...that is very inconvienent. If you like buying cartriges & not being able to save a little money by refilling them then this is the printer for you!!!

Prints pages very well, colors are great, & the print is consistent.

Copy Quality
Great copies, that never failed.

Ink/Paper Use
The ink runs out a little fast, & like I said before cartridges are not refillable so thats a downer. The paper usage is normal.

Not hard to use at all.

Never had a problem with durability

It is a sleek looking machine, however it is large. I mean it is an all in one so its hard to get any more compact than this.

Pretty good in all other areas excluding price for ink...

from Grambling, LA

Comments about Canon PIXMA Office All-In-One Printer MX310:

Prints pages very well, colors are great, & the print is consistent.

Copy Quality
Great copies, that never failed.

Not hard to use at all.

Never had a problem with durability

This printer in OK

from Bronx, NY

Comments about Canon PIXMA Office All-In-One Printer MX310:

Within the past couple months my family had purchased thier first printer.  The canon m3100 it is a newer generation of printers. The printer itself is very cute ,it is gray and shiny.  This printer has color capabilities.  It is also a scanner and fax machine.  The setup is easy.  I have a huge gripe with canon because they know very well that if anyone is going to use a printer this size for this cost it is going to be at thier house.  well in the packaging the did not include the USB cable needed in order to connect the printer to the computer.  that is very stupid.  So for a while because I am the most tech saavy person in my house ,we have been looking at a printer that we cant fully enjoy and I have had many instances where my work would have come out better if I was able to use my home printer.  The printer is OK.  It could use cd copying capability,that is something I caould use since I am awaiting my metal invasion I could print my CD label from the printer. For the price the printer is OK

Great little MFP!

from Fort Lee, NJ

Comments about Canon PIXMA Office All-In-One Printer MX310:

This printer/scanner/fax is a great little device that has proven its value through the years. It prints both black and white and color reliably. It also scans/copies letter-sized documents well.

The one selling point for this machine for me was the ability to load a stack of papers in the tray and have them copied or scanned into a multi-page PDF. The machine comes with software that will let you control the quality and color settings of the batch scans, and handle the conversion to PDF.

This has saved me so much time while preparing the paperwork for my tax accountant.

While it is great value for money, I must say the build quality is average (you get what you pay for). Over the years, the rollers have begun to squeak, so I need to figure out whether I can add some oil to fix that.

• Ink/Paper Use:

Meets all my home office needs in one

from Houston, TX

Comments about Canon PIXMA Office All-In-One Printer MX310:

A few months ago my father became frustrated (in just one week mind you) with only being able to use the desktop computer whenever I wanted to print. It's true we have two printers but neither one of them is wireless (though it was on my Christmas wish list).  So the Lexmark all in one was turned into simply a copy/fax machine and the Canon was the desktop printer. But I am a busy WAHM and my home office is wireless - it has to be because sometimes it's the office, kitchen, bedroom or playroom.  We went shopping to get the Brother all in one printer but came home with the **Canon PIXMA MX310 All in One Printer** instead.

**What do I like about the **Canon PIXMA MX310 All in One Printer? ****

- easy to set up and install

- prints everything I need from whatever room I am in

- located in kitchen so I pick up my printed coupons and go

- stays on/hibernates for power saving I don't have to turn on and off

- excellent quality prints

- even the test ink cartridges are long lasting

- scan, fax, copy and print all in one

- even photo prints

- the tray drops down and opens when it prints I don't have to run out to do anything

What don't I like about the **Canon PIXMA MX310 All in One Printer? **

- it's noisy when it prints - but at least I know it's working

- it was hard to figure out the settings and which side up I needed to do scanning and faxing

- it's heavy!

Sure I don't plan on moving the **Canon PIXMA MX310 All in One Printer** anytime soon, but if I do it is heavy.  But I have been very happy with the ease of use and quality of print no matter if it's just a coupon or a greeting card this all in one printer does the job fast, easy, convenient and it was under 100.00.

**Thanks Dad! (it was my birthday present) **

Some of my favorite things about the performance of this all in one printer is that it hibernates when not in use, saving me money and the environment a waste of power. I don't always remember to turn it off.

Copy Quality
Excellent copy quality. Of course if you start with a bad copy you are going to end up with one that looks just like it.

Ink/Paper Use
At least it tells me when I am out of ink - with measurements so it comes as no surprise. It does much better on ink that my prior printers.

The only problem I experience is changing the menu to the new wireless system in my home.

Not so heavy I can't use it and it doesn't take up a lot of desk or counter top space.

• Ink/Paper Use:

The Canon MX310 Printer never lets you down!

from Holland, MI

Comments about Canon PIXMA Office All-In-One Printer MX310:

This Canon PIXMA MX310 All in One Printer is outstanding.  I have had it now for almost a year and it has *never* disappointed.  The instruction manual is very easy to understand and helpful.  Making copies with the scanner is as simple as using a normal photocopy machine:  Put your paper in and press the "copy" button and start, printing as many as you want.

It scans into files, it faxes, and of course, the normal printing features.  I have never had a printer before that was so easy to change the inkjet cartridges on.  It simply snaps into place and is ready to go.  The paper feeder holds about 100 sheets, so running out of paper is not a constant hassle.

It has never grabbed two sheets of paper at a time, a problem I've had with all my other printers. And I have not EVER had a paper jam.  Has Canon figured out the magical solution to these common problems?  The quality of printing photographs is absolutely amazing.

A very good three all in one printer

from Jersey City, NJ

Comments about Canon PIXMA Office All-In-One Printer MX310:

I used the printer many times a week and never had any problems.The color of the printing was very good.I was very satisfied.there was anyone looking to buy a three in one printer i would tell them this is a good not only it good working but the price was good too.

oh yesss

from San Francisco, CA

Comments about Canon PIXMA Office All-In-One Printer MX310:

ohh yess...you must get this printer if you print a lot. the printer picture quality is top of the line and the speed is amazingly fast. it isn't too big and doesn't take up too much space. i would recommend this to anyone (students, etc) because it is an all-in-one and will fit your needs. and it is pretty inexpensive...

Superb Printing but Consumes Ink

from Valrico, FL

Comments about Canon PIXMA Office All-In-One Printer MX310:

I purchased the MX310 as a replacement to a more expensive HP All-in-One printer.  It features a lot more than the mid-ranged HP's and prints just as well if not better.  It is pretty large for a home printer so it takes a lot of space for the printer AND the area for the printed pages.  It also goes through ink like no other printer I've owned, even other Canon printers.  Unfortunately, the cost of both the color and black ink cartridges is getting pretty close to the cost of a decent brand new in the box cheaper all in one printer with inlcuded black and color cartridges.  Nevertheless, if you use grayscale, you can get more printing and it looks just as good as regular printing.  It's very easy to use, especially if you're into scanning.  The included software has some extras for those who are into printing pictures.  I've used it to print color pictures on photo paper and they've turned out great, but it uses way too much ink.  Overall, this is a very good all in one and simple to use.

Works very well.

from Gretna, LA

Comments about Canon PIXMA Office All-In-One Printer MX310:

I purchased the Canon MX310 over three years ago and I'm really satisfied with it. I got a great value because it is a scanner and printer all in one. I haven't had any problems with this printer/scanner and the ink is affordable as well. I recommend this product to anyone who is in the market for an all into one printer/scanner. It is also easy to set the product up.

The mx310 is a super easy and fast printer

from Irvine, CA

Comments about Canon PIXMA Office All-In-One Printer MX310:

The canon mx310 printer is the perfect all in one printer with great basics for an all in one. It provides the perfect world of easy printing, faxing, and scanning and all for a simple user and easy setup. I have had this printer for over a year now and it has worked just fine for all my daily needs. It can print at a decent speed once it gets going and comes with simple software to scan images. I got the all in one for a decent price since the item has been out for a while and I have not had any problems at all. As with many printers now a days, it says to install the software before connecting the printer and to just follow the on screen directions. Doing that and it installed as easily and fast as possible. Looking for an all in one can be a daunting task, as there are so many options and features, with so many printers out there it can see like a huge task. But if you need the basics and need an easy setup, I would suggest this printer.