4.8

Pros

Cons

Awesome for Sports

Comments about Canon - EOS 7D Digital Camera:

I am sports photographer and still love my 7D. With the higher ISO, it has been great for low light sports. The 8 frames per second is wonderful. the only draw back is this drops significantly as battery power wanes. This camera opened up new possibilities for me. While I want to upgrade to bigger and better, I want to always have a 7D with me.

I recommend the vertical grip battery pack for this as well.

This camera opened up a whole new world of possibilities for me to shoot.

Image Quality
This does great in low light especially up to ISO 2500. At 3200, I start seeing some grain.

No issues here. I would buy again and again. From time you power up until you are shooting is less than one second.

For anyone new to the Canon camera line, this may take some time, but if not, it is easy to learn.

Had mine for 3 years and it has held up beautifully!! I have taken care of it, but have used it non stop since I got it.

Eos 7d is amazing!

Comments about Canon - EOS 7D Digital Camera:

Great camera for professional photographers, and easy to use for new photographers. It takes absolutely excellent pictures! I use it for taking pictures of scenery-- forests, beaches, plants, and animals etc. I recently bought the canon powershot a2300-- not a good camera! Low quality pictures, although it was cheap, so I bought the eos 7d, hoping it would be better, well I sort of new it would, the price tag was pretty high! The focus is absolutely amazing! I usually dont use the flash, it just dosent look good in any pictures. The filters were awesome too! My favorite was the black and white one! I also use it for video which is another great factor of this camera! This is probably the greatest camera I have ever had, and canons best camera for the money! Overall, you should definetly get this camera if you are considering becoming a photographer, or already are one, you must have this camera!!!

Awesome Camera - Especially for Video

Comments about Canon - EOS 7D Digital Camera:

Canon produces some impressive products, as in lenses and cameras. The Canon 7D is fantastic for still images and better yet for video. One of the components that is new to Canon DSLRs is the ability it has to add to the EXIF file the location information. When the photographer takes a photo while in a specific country or state, the camera has a built in GPS that will write the location info to the EXIF file. This comes in very handy when pulling up raw images a year after they were taken and you may have forgotten exactly where you were. This will give you latitude and longitude location info.
In addition to all of that, the video ability is awesome. This camera uses the CF (Compact Flash) memory card - the fastest recording card available is the CF card. If you are looking for upgrading at a reasonable price, consider the 7D especially if you are into video. This camera will shoot in 1080p. If your primary interest is still images, a close to the 7D camera that does amazingly well is the 60D.

Quality Camera with Fantastic Images, but not 100% of the time

Comments about Canon - EOS 7D Digital Camera:

This camera creates beautiful photos. It does take some experimenting and trial and error to utilize all of its functions, but I think that's expected for a higher end camera. My issue with image quality is within the Auto function and within the Auto focus. Sometimes it front focuses, even when a certain focus point is chosen (while in manual.) As far as the Auto feature, which I rarely use (but sometimes it's nice for a quick snapshot of the kids) it commonly front focuses and leaves a very soft image.

Image Quality
This camera produces wonderful images. However, if you happen to be shooting on Automatic it tends to front focus often. Auto does not grant you the highest quality that I've seen in other Canon cameras.

Although I haven't been too rough with this camera, I don't always carry it concealed in a padded camera bag. I've thrown it in my purse, in my backseat while en route and it's banged a wall or piece of furniture here and there.... and it's held up nicely!

Battery Life
The battery life is fantastic. I can shoot a 2 hour event and not go through half it's power.

Great camera body

from Redwood City, CA

Comments about Canon - EOS 7D Digital Camera:

I've been using this camera for a couple years now and it's worked like a dream. My problems with it come more from user error and not reading enough of the instructions. This is not a 'buy and immediately go out taking awesome pictures' type of camera. There's definitely a steep learning curve. Love the continuous shooting mode! Very easy to get the perfect moment even in action filled moments because you have so many shots to choose from. The camera is very solid and well made, even though it's a bit expensive. Definitely a great camera if you want to start taking your photography to a new level. The sensor cleaning is a great feature. All the main buttons are laid out in a easy to use way, but there are a lot of them so it's easy to get lost if you didn't read the instructions!

Image Quality
I've gotten some of the most beautiful, crisp pictures with this camera.

Nothing to complain about yet!

Definitely more for an intermediate to experienced photographer.

Very well made camera!

Battery Life
Battery lasts and charges pretty fast.

Portability
It's a bit big, but manageable.

Great Camera

from Bellevue, NE

Comments about Canon - EOS 7D Digital Camera:

I've owned this camera for about 3 years now. It has held up fine under steady professional use. It works great for shooting anything you could imagine in nearly any lighting condition. The higher iso settings perform well. I try not to shoot above 2000 iso, but I've pushed it to 3200 iso in dimly lit arenas with no problems. Prints show very little noise/grain. I really like this camera and I hope it continues to hold up for at least a few more years!

Image Quality
Takes beautiful, sharp photos.

Easy to use if you have prior Canon DSLR experience.

Solid body.

Battery Life
Battery still works fine after 3 years.

cool for scenic pictures

from Portland, OR

Comments about Canon - EOS 7D Digital Camera:

I got this as a Christmas present and I have yet to put it down. I have been on a picture taking frenzy with this. I recently visited death valley and the beach and got some stunning photos with it. Downloading pictures to the computer is fairly quick and the image is true to what you saw when you originally took the picture

Feels Professional

from Aurora, IL

Comments about Canon - EOS 7D Digital Camera:

I have been using this beautiful piece for more than 2 years now. The most I love in this Camera is:
1- Fast auto focus with a LOT of focusing options.
2- A lot of buttons : you can change a lot of settings without removing the camera off your face. Other cameras you would have wanted to visit the menu for these settings.
3- Continuous shooting w/ continuous focus.
4- Video. even though I rarely use it .
5- Customizable buttons. You can customize the buttons on it. I changed the focus button to be separate from the shutter button. Very useful trick.
6- Low noise on high ISO is wonderful and satisfactory for occasional situations. But I wouldn't recommend it for full-time low lighting photography, Go full frame if low lighting photography is your favorite field.

Cons:
1- heavy for some people. I am not a muscled or huge guy but still weight is not a problem for me.
2- auto tracking is not very helpful. It works on big objects. It does not track birds for example.
3- cropped sensor obviously. Sometimes, I wish I paid the extra money and got the full frame.

Image Quality
I like its output more than any other cropped-sensor cameras. My next goal is full frame.

Portability
Yeah ... you cannot take it with you all the time :( .. I did so in the beginning but it was a burden on me and my family.

• Portability:

Fantastic Digital SLR for professionals!

from Fremont, CA

Comments about Canon - EOS 7D Digital Camera:

Incredible Camera. FAST. Great for Action/sports photography. Amazing for stills and close-ups. Awesome for portraits or product photography! Great ALL AROUND camera... AND it shoots amazing video as well.

PROS
FAST shutter
great High Speed shooting mode
ISO 6400 available: shoots amazing low light photos
Great controls - just like my regular SLR back in the day! but with all the perks of digital photography

CONS
none!

amazing detail

FAST shutter - almost no lag - can respond VERY quickly for surprise photos

It is easy to use IF you are familiar with Canon products. Canon has mostly retained similar functionality over the years...I started with a 10D, then a 30D, then the 40D, now the 7D (and I got a T3i as a backup)

If you are NOT familiar with Canon, but ARE familiar with digital SLRs, it is somewhat easy to figure out.

if you are NEW to digital photography,....then don't get a 7D now! Learn about digital photography first with a simpler/cheaper SLR.... Learn about how to take photos first.

Having an AWESOME camera doesn't automatically give you AWESOME pictures. The quality of the pictures will mostly come from the person holding the camera. If you plan to use the 7D as a point & shoot, then save your money and get a POINT AND SHOOT! They make great ones now for not much money... and you can get great photos!

Battery Life
Using Video drains battery very quickly

• Portability:

Have had this camera for a while, wouldn't part with it!

from North Berwick, ME

Comments about Canon - EOS 7D Digital Camera:

I have this camera, got it for Christmas. Although I am still learning all the options, I have had so much fun with it. It takes excellent pictures every time! I have even been able to enter some photo contests and took "professional" pictures with it at my sisters wedding. I did purchase additional lenses for it, but the one that comes with it is good to start.